The Hershey Company Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in London, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (London, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Long delays between first recruiter contact them to setup a interview weeks later through a recruiter with the hiring manager that had to reschedule a couple times lol. For a week later than told initially. Worked in major retail sales management for over 8 years and have a college degree lol. Part time must need. Phd these days and to be a ceo of a company. Crap company interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a challenge at work.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Hershey Company

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Interview

It is a very slow process. It takes a week to get thru Hr and then you doña face to face. Then you have to do a work with day that you don't get paid for. Then you wait again for a call from the upper management. Too long of a process!

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

I first saw the ad for this job on Craigslist. I applied, and within the week, they set up my first phone interview. After that, they carried me on to a second phone interview with the District Supervisor. After that, they had me ride-along with a current worker to see if it was a good fit for me (and I a good fit for it). Finally, i had a face-to-face 45 minute interview with the District Supervisor and District Manager. They were thoroughly professional and were very attentive to my answers (obviously), and asked great pointed questions. Finally, they told me they would contact me the following Monday or Tuesday with a decision. They ended up calling me the Friday before that to offer the job. If you apply with Hersheys, be prepared to undergo a similar process which may take a month to complete, but it is well worth it. I haven't started yet, but i already know they are a great company, having seen how the workers and management communicate.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest goal you have set for yourself and fulfilled?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation; it pays what they tell you up front. This job is not for someone looking to eventually turn it into a full-time gig, which is why it is titled "permanent part-time"

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in August 2014.

Interview

straight forward, recruiter than District Support Supervisor and District Manager. then notified to show up for drug test and submit for back ground check as well as sign papers to allow them access to verify you have current car insurance with certain amounts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Little Rock, AR) in June 2011.

Interview

One phone and one with management in person. The interview process was typical for any sales position. Questions were asked about how I would handle several different customer situations and how I would respond to negative feedback in those situations. I was interview by my immediate manager and his manager. Interestingly - they were 15 minutes late for the interview which was conducted in a local hotel conference room.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable based on experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Application place online, received a call next day asking a couple basic questions and to set up a phone interview. Had a phone interview within a couple more days. Interviewed in person with the DSS about a week later. Had a ride along soon after and was offered the job that same day.

Interview Questions

• The interview style used is really challenging to answer the questions. It's difficult not to repeat yourself, especially if you have had pretty good jobs with no real hassles in the past. It isn't that it's hard, but just sort of strange answering questions that way. They tell you in advance about it and where you can look up how the process will work. I know some of the other positions are not so easy to get through the process. It would be nice if they considered people without a BA for some of the full time positions. I know some great people who would be a real asset but can't get a interview because of this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is pretty well set depending on where you work. I think if you already have or had a job paying more than the base, you can probably negotiate especially if you have experience.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

after appyling on line for a part time merhin about 48 hchaindiser for hershey's , i was contactacted about 48 hours for a telephone interview with a recruiter.e> i was told the interview would take about 10 minutes and it did. I was asked about 6 questions mainly about how my curreerestent experience would translate to hershey . ioffered a couple of examples. next I was told they were just beginning the hiring process and i could ecpect to hear something in one to two weeks. if they wce ere interested ,I would be contacted for a face to face to face by a hiring manager. I have not heard back. The recruiter sounded young and not to experienced ... but very pleseant. I would love toi have this job.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Tampa, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

I found this position posted on Craigslist - it did not provide any info regarding pay. After I applied for the position (for which I was an excellent fit with extensive related professional experience) I was instructed to complete their online application, which required me to complete payrates at my previous positions. (In my last sales position I made appr $70k/yr.) Then I wasasked via email to schedule a phone interview. I spent appr. 8 hours of my time preparing for this interview. The interview lasted appr 2 minutes. The interviewer was 10 minutes late in calling me, there was no human or rapport building on her part, went straight to questioning. 1st Q: why are you looking for a PT job? 2nd Q: this job requires carrying 40 lbs of merchandise. is that acceptable to you? 3rd Q: this job requires using a handheld computer. is that acceptable to you? 4th & final Q: this job pays $12/hr. is that acceptable to you? (I said no and the interviewer immediately ended the call). I was shocked and surprised to learn that Hershey does not value 20 yrs of professional experience and a college degree and that they expect to pay someone with that background the same as someone w/a GED and no professional experience. I was also disheartened that they didn't share the non-negotiable pay rate up front, thereby wasting 8 hours of my time! (I would never have applied for the job in the first place had I known the payrate.) I shared this same feedback with the recruiter, but have a strong suspicion nothing will change with their process.

Interview Questions

• This position pays $12/hr - is that acceptable to you?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in October 2009.

Interview

Preliminary Phone Interview w/ Recruiting Company, Secondary Phone Interview w/ hiring Mgr. Process seems about what one would expect as a candidate for hire with a large corporate entity like Hershey. The Process for going from the online application to the preliminary interview only took about 3 days. then a few days for a contact from the hiring Mgr. and setting a phone interview date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation when you had to deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in May 2012.

Interview

Know your strengths & weaknesses, likes & dislikes.