The Hershey Company

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at The Hershey Company

Interview Details – Phone interview. Asked basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What would you do if a competitor was trying to compete for a spot in a store that you wanted? Describe how you would propose your products to management of that store.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university - interviewed at The Hershey Company in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got my first interview with Hershey's after speaking with a Hershey's representative at my school's fall career fair. I got an interview with them the following Friday which was held at my university's business school. I was asked a series of questions that were to be answered in the STAR format. Then after my interview they emailed me and asked me to fill out an online application on their website.

Interview Question – When was a time that you demonstrated leadership skills?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at The Hershey Company in June 2012.

Interview Details – First contacted by a talent representative for a short get to know you interview. About 4 days later the district manager called for an hour interview, where the answers had to be given in the star format. A week or so later I had a face to face interview with that district manager, followed by a shadow day then a interview with his boss and an hr manager. Very laid back interview until the district managers boss interview, then it was very formal.

Interview Question – Name a time where you formed a bond with an employee or professor where you both benefited from the relationship.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After going through everything I declined because of a better offer on the table.

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Hershey Company in January 2012.

Interview Details – The first step in the interview process was a phone interview. The recruiter was nice enough and asked your typical first interview questions--Why Hershey?, What previous experience do you have that you can apply to this particular job?, Would you relocate?, Tell me your strengths, weaknesses? hat do you know about Hershey? We also talked about my education. I think I was overqualified for this position and that why I as not asked to move on in the process. Maybe next time.

Interview Question – All questions were typical first interview type questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at The Hershey Company in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email in response saying that they would like to get in contact. After not hearing back for a week, I sought to contact them. After going through a couple people that didn't respond I finally was able to get a hold of a woman who took another three weeks to set up an interview. After that interview I was set up to do a ride along which was all day, after the ride along I met in a hotel lobby for a final interview. The final interview lasted three hours. By the end of it they ask many of the same questions in different ways and described the pay scale and a promotional track.

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Hershey Company in March 2010.

Interview Details – I heard about the position available in my area (Virginia) from a newsletter of a business fraternity I participated in during college. I sent in my resume and was contacted by a representative from HR. After a pretty standard phone interview she said I looked like a good fit for the company, but the Virginia position was closed and she gave me a list of cities with open positions. The cities were uninspiring to say the least but I told her my top choices. Later, she called with good news, the Virginia position had opened back up. She had the District Manager call me. I drove about 2 hours to meet the manager. The interview went well, standard behavioral questions, and he said he "saw potential in me" and discussed if i would be willing to move to Maryland and how he could see me moving up in the company, how he would arrange for a 3rd interview with the regional manager next week etc. He seemed very honest and genuine and talked about how Hershey is a family and cares about people etc. He asked me if I would be available for a field day the next day. I agreed to meet a sales rep the next morning. I spent the entire day with her, and at the end of the day, sent a thank you letter to her and the DM. I told him i enjoyed the field day and was still very interested in the position. Despite the DM's talk about a third interview and details of the position, he never e-mailed me back, or returned any of my phone calls. A few weeks later, I e-mailed the HR rep, and got a form letter saying the position was filled. I e-mailed her again regarding the positions out of state, and received another form letter that the position was filled. I understand that companies don't have time to reply to every candidate, but after driving 5 hours, spending 2 days of my time, and being told I would be a great addition to the "family", I was completely ignored. They bought me lunch, but other than that I was not reimbursed for any expenses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used sales skills.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you argued with a teacher/professor over a grade you thought you didn't deserve.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Hershey Company in June 2009.

Interview Details – In person interview, followed by a phone interview weeks later. A day in the field with another sales representative, then a final interview with the manager of the territory and the area manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was not as I had just graduated from college.

Worked for The Hershey Company? Contribute to the Community!