The Higher Gear Group

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Higher Gear Group

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Higher Gear Group in April 2010.

What a joke-first you have to do an assessment test which takes about 15 min prior to your scheduled interview-no problem. Then for the interview they brought in a group of people to meet with the owner that was in town. Each person met with him for less than 10 min-he pulled out your test results, probably looked at your appearance and basically said that the way it works is that you will call in at a specified time for a phone interview. Well it's not a phone interview-they want to hear how your voice is on the phone-so you call in and just read whatever you want for 5 min to get a recording of your voice and hang up. After that I tried calling, emailing to follow up and never heard a word although I was qualified for the position. Not so sure about this place, the office was set up as one big room with cubes. No front desk, receptionist, nothing-you just walk right into everybody's workspace.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions as it was not considered an "interview" to me.   Answer Question

Training/Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Higher Gear Group in June 2007.

The VP of training flew into Houston and interviewed 13 people and a week later called me and another person for a phone interview. A few days later they called and said they had to check my references and would be sending me an offer. That took forever! This was the job I wanted but nearly did not take it due to the time it took to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    He gave me a salary range of what they typically pay and I said what I wanted and he said sure. I should have gone higher!

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Higher Gear Group.

There was a one-on-one over the phone and I was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated a $ amount and it was given to me.

Vice President Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Higher Gear Group in May 2010.

saw me out in the field, we talked and it was a done deal. Offer came a few weeks later

Interview Questions
    • can I take a hit or awhile wwhile we build the program and customer base back up?   View Answer
    • Can I take the territory recommended?   View Answer
    no Negotiation, I accepted the offer