The Higher Gear Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Interview

Client Services
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Higher Gear Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – What a joke-first you have to do an assessment test which takes about 15 min prior to your scheduled interview-no problem. Then for the interview they brought in a group of people to meet with the owner that was in town. Each person met with him for less than 10 min-he pulled out your test results, probably looked at your appearance and basically said that the way it works is that you will call in at a specified time for a phone interview. Well it's not a phone interview-they want to hear how your voice is on the phone-so you call in and just read whatever you want for 5 min to get a recording of your voice and hang up. After that I tried calling, emailing to follow up and never heard a word although I was qualified for the position. Not so sure about this place, the office was set up as one big room with cubes. No front desk, receptionist, nothing-you just walk right into everybody's workspace.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions as it was not considered an "interview" to me.   Answer Question

Training/Consultant Interview

Training/Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Higher Gear Group in June 2007.

Interview Details – The VP of training flew into Houston and interviewed 13 people and a week later called me and another person for a phone interview. A few days later they called and said they had to check my references and would be sending me an offer. That took forever! This was the job I wanted but nearly did not take it due to the time it took to get an offer.

Interview Question – This was a pretty easy interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – He gave me a salary range of what they typically pay and I said what I wanted and he said sure. I should have gone higher!

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Higher Gear Group.

Interview Details – There was a one-on-one over the phone and I was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Question – The interview "questions" were a joke.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a $ amount and it was given to me.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vice President Interview

Vice President

The process took a day - interviewed at The Higher Gear Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – saw me out in the field, we talked and it was a done deal. Offer came a few weeks later

Interview Questions

• can I take a hit or awhile wwhile we build the program and customer base back up?   View Answer
  • Can I take the territory recommended?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no Negotiation, I accepted the offer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The Higher Gear Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Higher Gear Group interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Higher Gear Group employees and interview candidates.