The Home Depot

Updated Aug 17, 2014
Updated Aug 17, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I've applied online several times and my applications have never made it through the system (I know several managers that have checked for my applications). I finally was called for a phone screen about a month after my last application. The phone screen was simple questions about experience and availability. From the phone screen, they asked me to schedule an interview with the Asset Protection Manager. It turns out the AP manager and I were coming from the same employer, but when she was there, my position was not directly involved in shoplifter apprehensions and now is. She appeared to not believe me that I had any shoplifter experience despite the three years I had listed on my application and kept trying to catch me in a lie. As I continued to answer her trick questions correctly, she appeared to become more and more frustrated. She even asked me, "since you claim you have apprehension experience, what are the five steps to apprehend a shoplifter?" I thought she was kidding at first since that is the first thing you learn in LP, but I answered. There were also eight situation questions. By the end, it seemed like I was wasting her time, even though I have several years of experience. I thought it was quite unprofessional to question me on their experience when I was answering all of the questions correctly and she could just call my employer to verify.

Interview Questions
  • What are the five steps to apprehend a shoplifter?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied to the website. Got a call for an interview a week later. Had two seperate interviews with two Asset Protection Managers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a person you are about to stop for shoplifting?   View Answer
    • Why did you apply for the position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2010.

Interview with a couple of people twice.. a phone interview as well

Interview Questions
    • How have you lead in the past or dealt with difficult supervisors or employees   View Answer
    They did not offer to negotiate. They said "this is what it pays!

Assets Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2009.

Interview questions are about past experiences you have lad with leadership. Advice you would give to people that are not good at something.

Interview Questions
    • What advide would you give to someone that was struggling as a manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2008.

Interview process was lengthy. 2-3 months at best so initially I had almost forgotten I had applied.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle tasks as designated by two managers that conflict?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a dissatisfied customer?   Answer Question
    I received the salary I requested so negotiation was not necessary.

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

You have to apply online first, and take an aptitude test. It takes about 30 mins to finish and includes some small easy math problems. But mostly is just basic customer service and common sense. From there I have been told that there is sometimes a phone interview however I did not get one. Within a few days of applying I got a phone call from the Manager who set up an interview for the very next day. The interview was very easy, a lot had to do with the manager being very laid back. The manager asked some questions of his/her own making and then had to ask all of the questions from an interview packet. They were the basic interview questions asking about strengths, weaknesses, and examples of conflict situations. Because the manager and I talked about a lot more then just those questions my interview lasted a little over an hour. Right after the interview he/she wanted to set up my second interview with his/her boss. That one only lasted about 20 minutes, I was asked about team work and had to talk about my work experience. From there I was pretty much told about his/her expectations from this position and then the interview was over.
    Almost a week went by before I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was really no hard questions. If you have been through retail interviews before then it is all the same. The only one that sticks out as maybe a little tricky was when I had to give an example of a conflict I had with another associate and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. They came with an offer and that was all they could do. I guess the associates experience and other factors are entered into a system that will then spit out a range of acceptable numbers. Anything above that has to be approved by the district HRM and it is not going to happen. I was offered the maximum allowed for my position because of my experience, which was only a little more then what I was making for my last company as a manager.

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2011.

Scenario testing, basic communication testing, how would you apprehend a shoplifter. production standards as well as basic requirments