The Home Depot Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Asked questions about how I performed in certain situations regarding leadership roles. Asked how I would I respond in certain situations. Asked about diversity and the community involvement and customer service.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you lead a team of people through a project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of an RMA (online assessment looking at leadership skills, business acumen, ability to customer service). The next portion consists of an interview with the district team or another store manager. Lastly, there is a fit interview to see if you would be a good candidate for the particular store you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The first interview I had was with HR. The second interview was with the store manager of te store i wanted to work at. It took about five days for them to make a choice. Once they made a choice I was called to come in and they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• It was structured preview questions that most jobs ask. You can use scenarios from your previous job to help answer the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes you are able to negotiate. The more experience the more you can ask for.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Initial Phone call from Corporate Human Resource, followed up by a interview with the store manager and possibly Human Resource, Back ground and drug test, Begin a 6 week training program at Corporate home office. Then Detailed training at your base store. Must learn computer processes and alarms, all operational procedures.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time, that you have failed, what did you learn from it, and how would you prevent it from reoccurring.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Manchester, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied on line. Received a call from Home Depot 3 days later. I was sent a link to take an online test. It took about 30 Minutes. Was called back next day to set up interview. The interview was the same week. The interview was one and half hours long.

Interview Questions

• Questions where all situation, questions-Tell me a time when you handled a tough situation with an associate. There was also a role play - handling a customer situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Niles, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Must do a 1 hour store walk thru before interview, however they barely ask during the interview. Initial interview is with the store management, then a second interview with the District Management.

Interview Questions

• Not all Store Managers require, but there is a role play portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

they use a standard STAR format, questions are typical, no originality at all to get to know the real person. they go strictly off a point system, so if you know the right answers, youll get the job whether you are qualified or not

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, salary is what it is take it or leave it

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Corporate Recruiter Called, Phone interview was about twenty minutes

Interview Questions

• Where have you been least sucessful in your professional career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered and I countered they met my request

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Pensacola, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

About a 20-30 min interview process. Questions are broad based and mostly centered around " tell me about a time when" or, "what would you do if" They make you feel very comfortable during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

RMA interview and Fit Interview with store are virtually same question types. Almost all revolves about situations and how you handled them. Always want to be specific and use a time you actually did it. Don't really want to be hypothetical unless you are backed up against the wall and really have nothing pertinent. Name a time you had to lead a team and what was the result. Name a time you had to approach the development of one of your associates. Try to answer them as an ASM and how you impacted the supervisor level vs associate level. Always use Situation, Action, Result format. Don't forget the Result!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to cater to a specific demographic like a student, military, retired. What resistance did you reach? What was the result of the interaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation involved. The call comes generally from a DM and not many people would have the BA!!S to negotiate with them. It's almost a form of disrespect. Offer was fair I thought.