The Home Depot

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Most questions for hourly associates are specific to customer service. Generally interviewees have no experience of the industry and this is okay. As long as you have customer service skills, Home Depot will hire you.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding parts of the business, which new associates generally know nothing about. If you've never worked in construction or a related retailer, during the interview use a "what if" scenario to help you answer the question.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Assist Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Initial RMA questions were pretty general, but finished with a roleplay that was specific. Make sure that you sell yourself and talk. I did not talk enough about myself, so the interview did not go that well. The second phase of a FIT interview with the Store Manager went better, but you still need to convince them that you are the best candidate for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, just make sure that you sell yourself.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot.

There are several interviews in one day, following an skills test. The interviews are behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • the interviewers body language. they are trained to show no emotion   Answer Question
    There was very little negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I was promoted from within the company. I attended 2 months of mentored training before taking a management assessment. The finale of the assessment was a panel interview. The next steps were a fit interview based on needs of location and position. The fit interview was a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to tell a good story about your experiences that qualify you for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algonquin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algonquin, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in May 2013.

They called to reschedule my first interview with the regional manager. When I showed up for my next appointment with that manager, I was instead turned over to another manager in her department.who not only wasn't able to answer most of my questions and kept referring me back to the first manager but who also thought that I wouldn't notice him texting in his lap throughout my entire time in his office. I rescheduled with the first manager who asked that I meet her at the store. After getting to the store and waiting for a while I received a phone call saying that she could not make our appointment. On my fourth attempt we were finally able to sit down. We met for 1/2 hour and although I had all of the qualifications for the job that I was applying for, including many years of managerial experience, I never heard from her again.

Interview Questions
    • I did not encounter any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2009.

After the phone interview. Spent five hours taking test and had a 2 on 1 interview. I was told all part of the hiring process are numbered then you get a toral score. When a store need someone they pull from the top people and interview at the store. Some questions in my interview were difficult, diversity in the workplace how to handle it. They need to update the questions.

Interview Questions
    • After I was done with all the interviews and testing.   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Both internal and external hires go through the same process. You will participate in a Retail Management Assesment, a testing session that include 3 written tests (financials, customer service, and leadership) as well as an interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you are an external hire, some of the questions may be difficult as they are Home Depot related from a backgound standpoint.   Answer Question
    I would research the salary behind this job and negotiate from that. However, if you get a low salary, you will make up for it in bonuses, stock awards, and benefits.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Very intense. 1-on-1 interview first. Then move to testing... Yes testing. Several "surveys" (as they call them) to complete - customer service skills, management aptitude, & business acumen. Then, debating on your scores amongst all candidates who applied, you will move on to a district level "pit" interview.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask ethical questions that include the opportunity to increase sales   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2010.

So far have had two phone interviews over the past two weeks; scheduled for a skills test and the 1:1 interview in a few days. To me somewhat confusing since have had a corporate recruiter and two other HR types call for information and to do the phone interviews. The second phone interview took about 20 minutes and consisted of some general position information, general overview, basic questions, and then three specific questions on: Delivering results; Customer experience situation; and work relationships / working with a set time-line to meet.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of when you had to work multiple projects with different personnel and how you handles them to meet any time requirements?   Answer Question