The Home Depot Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2013.

Got in touch with me, then easy set up to an appointment. They were running late, which was a bit annoying, but it was an associate position. Interview was pretty straight forward, mostly focusing on my availability, and if I could work when they needed.

Interview Questions
  • Would you be willing to put trash in compactor without gloves? Very strange question, can they not afford gloves?   Answer Question
none

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2010.

Phone interview in which I answered set questions. It was very broad and just used basically to get in the system. Face to face interview came next and in this the interviewer expected well thought answers and attempted to thoroughly understand my personality and application to the team. A second interview came weeks later in which I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about when and how I go above the call of duty were the premise for most of the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Rock, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Rock, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2010.

The interview process was relatively easy. I was called by a representative from their centrally located HR group in Atlanta. This person did a very brief 4 question interview. They would ask questions such as "describe a situation where you went out of your way to focus on customer service" or "describe a situation where you fostered a team environment to complete a task". I was then called by the local HR rep who scheduled an interview. This interview was with the store operations ASM and it lasted about 20 minutes. I was offered the job on-site.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you fostered a team environment to solve a complex problem or issue.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in April 2010.

Received call from store; interview scheduled; arrival at store: not a professional environment (what I thought was HR was an "Coordinator"; interviewed by assistant store manager-he read interview questions from a script and also conducted a scenario of a customer needing assistance to see how I would respond; had to return next day to meet with store manager: quick interview (wait for him was longer) asked a few general questions, including "Why should I hire you?"- was offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you instead of all the other applicants?   Answer Question
    • Being able to respond quickly as the "role play" scenario is being conducted   Answer Question
    Ask for more when offered - you may not get it- but it is worth a try!