The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Plano, TX

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview in which I answered set questions. It was very broad and just used basically to get in the system. Face to face interview came next and in this the interviewer expected well thought answers and attempted to thoroughly understand my personality and application to the team. A second interview came weeks later in which I was given an offer.

Interview Question – Questions about when and how I go above the call of duty were the premise for most of the questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Castle Rock, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively easy. I was called by a representative from their centrally located HR group in Atlanta. This person did a very brief 4 question interview. They would ask questions such as "describe a situation where you went out of your way to focus on customer service" or "describe a situation where you fostered a team environment to complete a task". I was then called by the local HR rep who scheduled an interview. This interview was with the store operations ASM and it lasted about 20 minutes. I was offered the job on-site.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you fostered a team environment to solve a complex problem or issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation available.

Downey, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2010.

Interview Details – Received call from store; interview scheduled; arrival at store: not a professional environment (what I thought was HR was an "Coordinator"; interviewed by assistant store manager-he read interview questions from a script and also conducted a scenario of a customer needing assistance to see how I would respond; had to return next day to meet with store manager: quick interview (wait for him was longer) asked a few general questions, including "Why should I hire you?"- was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you instead of all the other applicants?   Answer Question
  • Being able to respond quickly as the "role play" scenario is being conducted   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for more when offered - you may not get it- but it is worth a try!

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!