The Home Depot

Updated Aug 25, 2014

2.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Support Department Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

Great and respectful, treated with professional and given questions to answer that played to my experience and expertise. I was very impressed with the sincerity of the HR representative that interviewed me and even the telephone interview was very professional

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Associate Support Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Three interviews, one phone interview with corporate, Then with store manger, then with district human resources.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL

The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2011.

I applied on line at company website. On company website is a barage of personality, skills and IQ tests all related to the position you select when applying. I applied for 4 different positions. The online application took about 2 hours. Exactly one week later I received an email and a phone call advising me of phone interview request for one position; Associate Support Department Supervisor. I called the number provided and a phone interview took place with representative asking and then typing my responses. There was no discussion or followup questions. Question asked and answer recorded.

Interview Questions
    • How many associates have your supervised in the past?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Provide three characteristics that make you an ideal candidate for this position.   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you were faced with an unusual situation and what did you do to handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2010.

Applied online. Received contact to schedule interview. Typically phone call, but personal contact due to already being employed there; that also probably affected pay rate. First interview with 2 Store Managers (SM). Be familiar with job description and The Home Depot (THD) structure and values. Be prepared for case scenarios and "please describe a time when . . . ." Expect interview to last approximately an hour. All applicants are asked the same questions. Second interview with SM and District Human Resource Manager (DHRM); position answers directly to both. Lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    Typically there is a pay range but put in offer of at least $14 p/h to start. There are a lot of responsibilities that go with this position - hiring, orientation, scheduling, and associate support.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2010.

Applied in person

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The pay is set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelsea, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelsea, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

Because I was already a part of the company and the management team was aware of my interest in moving up in the organization, I was approached by the store manager to apply and interview for the position. My first interview was with the District Human Resources Manager. This was the structured interview with questions about how one would react to associate issues and handle conflicts and complaints, along with a role play about an associate unhappy with his schedule. The second portion of the interview was with the store manager who outlined his expectations and made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were asked to preform a task outside your normal duties that you may not have wanted to do? How did you handle that and get your work done as well?   Answer Question

Associate Support Department Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Came in and met with ASM- then immediately met with the store manager and was offered a job on the spot. They were all very friendly and welcoming.

There is no room to negotiate