The Home Depot

2.8

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Filled out an application, took two assessments, had an initial phone interview, had a panel interview in which I answered standard interview questions and explained my findings concerning a data set they had give me, and then had a final phone interview.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in December 2014.

I was contacted by a Home Depot recruiter about the position on LinkedIn. I sent my resume and got a phone interview.

After the phone screen I had to take two online assessments, one was more about my personality and the other was a basic math skills test. After this I waited about a week and a half and didn't hear anything so I reached out to the recruiter. That day I got a call back to set up an in person interview.

I had the in person interview about two weeks later. The first hour of the interview was a case study. I worked on the case study then after the hour was up I went in front of two senior merchants and one HR recruiter. They started by asking about the case and my analysis of the problems presented. The next part was the more standard interview about my background and about how I would fit in with the department goals. I was told I would hear back from them that night.

I got the call back that night, and the next step was a "fit" phone interview with a VP. That happened the next day. Then that next Monday I got a call that I was being offered the job.

Every person I interacted with from the security guards, to the receptionist, to the recruiters and merchants were nothing but nice and reassuring. They all put me at ease and made me feel really comfortable throughout the process. In total it took about 4 weeks, but after I had the in person interview I knew in 2 days that I had been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. The case analysis was the hardest part. Know what the job is that you're interviewing for and the case was really in-line with what I expect to be doing.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in October 2014.

First I met them at a career fair. Then I got a phone interview with basic technical questions which would be asked later at the on-site interview. Then there were two interviews on site with 16 other applicants. They asked about behavioral questions and my personality, then some techical questions such as SQL.

Human Resources Servcies Contact Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in October 2014.

There is an in-house assessment and if you pass the assessment you are invited back for a panel interview. The panel interview was completed by two associates and took approximately 45 minutes. It was very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions that can be answered using the S.T.A.R. method.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Applied to home depot through their internal jobs website through a friend. Got a call in 2 days and had a phone interview for 30 minutes. Got a call next day to set up a in person meeting after 10 days. 1 hr in person meeting with 4 people in total

Offered me more than what I was expecting. So no negotiations.

Resolution Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

I submitted an application online. A week later I was contacted via email to take a personality screening and skills assessment online. This test was relatively simple and took about 1 1/2 hours to complete. After completing the online assessment, the next day I was invited to come in for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was routine. It involved me and the manager of the customer care department. He was very nice and made me feel comfortable. The questions S.T.A.R. based behavioral style. The email inviting me to the face to face interview had a link with sample behavioral questions. After the interview, I was told to have a seat for some in HR. She then escorted me and another gentleman applying for the position out. Based on other interviews on glassdoor, those that were hired were offered the job on the spot. So I am left to assume I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What make you the best candidate for the job?
      Talk about you had a conflict with another employee.
      Discuss a time when you had to accomplish a task quickly, and the steps you took to reach your goal.

Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I submitted my resume online. I received a brief phone screening where they asked some basic questions. I was then called in for an interview within a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Neither really, but I was given a very open question such as "Tell me about what you did at your last job". The picked a couple of things off my resume, and I white boarded environments I had worked on, challenges we had, decisions we made, etc.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Just a single round of interview. Mostly based on a standard set of behavioral questions (Tell me about a time ..' type questions) and questions on points stated on your resume. Was called by the HR after about 3 weeks to enquire about my visa status (OPT). Subsequently, I was called by the hiring manager and told that I had be selected for the position and would be offered a salary of 58k. I was asked to drop by their office within the next week for a round of 'introductions'. I went to the office and met my hiring manager's supervisor. As someone with significant work ex and a Masters degree, the salary was well below my expectations. It seemed more like an entry level job with some reporting to do and calling up vendors to ensure compliance with their transportation policy.

I tried to negotiate the salary but was told it is comparable to the salaries being offered to other logistics analysts in the company. I then tried to find about their leave policy and asked if they would give longer vacation period to which they replied in the negative. They also do not have a sign in bonus nor a relocation amount.

And then, the HR informed me that I had to confirm my acceptance within 24-48 hours, which I felt was ridiculous. When they took more than 3 weeks to get back to me, I felt I deserved at least a week or two weeks to take my call. I asked the HR to speak to the manager and see if they were willing to extend the time for me to consider the offer.

Guess what. The next day, I get a call from the HR and she says my offer has been rescinded!!

More than their decision to cancel the offer, I felt offended by the manner in which they went about it and communicated their decision in a very impersonal and even rude manner. Initially I was upset when I received the call but then later I felt i was'nt a good fit in HD's work culture.

God's been kind and I have had good interviews with another big company and the salary being offered there is commensurate with my experience and skillset.

So, if you think you are good and are smart and well qualified, think twice before you apply to HD.

IPR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

I applied for a strategist position through LinkedIn and was contacted within a few days. I exchanged a couple of emails which led to a phone interview. During the phone interview I was told the position had been filled just that day, however, the recruiter wanted to see if another opportunity may be available. I traded a few emails with the recruiter after the phone call and finally almost a month after the initial phone interview I was asked to interview in person down in Atlanta. I was told I would have two interviews but ended up having four interviews. Each interview had two managers and my final interview had two senior managers. Everyone was extremely friendly. Some of the interviewers struggled with the format of the interview because they were given packets that had specific questions they had to ask. When all the interviews were over, I was told I would be contacted and was pleasantly surprised when I was given a gift card to use at any Home Depot.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were standard behavioral interview questions. "Tell me a time when..."   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Panel interview about 45 miutes

Interview Questions
    • Interviews are situational based. Be prepared to speak about specific examples- not hypothetical.   Answer Question
    The offer is typically the offer- not a lot of room for negotiation. Home Depot expects you to prove your worth to them before they pay.