The Home Depot

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

Came in about 5 minutes early, waited in the staff room for about 15 minutes then the assistant manager called me in. I got asked a few questions, basic questions. All about up selling. She said she wasn't allowed to accept resumes. She was very friendly and nice she said she like my eagerness to learn. She told me the job starts at 10.50/hr. I just got called in for a second interview. So my second interview was more getting my background check and drug test process started.

Interview Questions

Bilingual Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in October 2012.

I applied online and within a few days I got an email saying they'd be calling me by a certain date or that I could call myself if I didn't want to wait. When I called the number they did a brief interview over the phone and because i was applying as Bilingual they even had me translate a sentence in spanish to make sure I knew the language. They said within a couple of days i'd be getting another call from the actual store to set up a second interview. The interview went smoothly every question was very casual, my interviewer was real nice and laid back so that eased my nerves a bit. She sent me on my way with the paperwork for a drug screen which you have like 48 hrs to do. After that it took about a week when the H.R. lady called me and said I was scheduled for orientation like within 2 days. I expected orientation to be like all my previous orientations and to last no more than 2 hours...WRONG! it was a full shift of orientation (lots of reading out of an employee manual and plenty of watching training videos). By the end of the day I had my written out schedule of pure training for about a 3 wk period.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain an occasion in your past experience where your customer service skills excelled what was expected of you?"   Answer Question
    There's not much room to negotiate, specially at a company so big and you're getting hired as an entry position.