The Home Depot

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Antioch, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2010.

Interview Details – First I applied online. Then I went in for an interview with a manager. And did the background check and drug test. When I got the job, I had to go through a week of training with a computer. This is the learn the protocol and stuff. That was all.

Interview Question – What was your leadership experience?   Answer Question

Bay Integrity Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – was asked about previous work experience.
given different situations, and how you would handle them.

Interview Question – most questions were same, and had same answers. had to rephrase the answers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – manger told me my hourly wage was higher than expected, didn't negotiate (should've).

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for a variety of jobs at many stores, and I got a call from Home Depot HQ for a phone interview, and was interviewed for a flooring associate position at a store. After the interview, the guy told me the store would get to me and they called me a week later asking if I would be interested in another position called Bay Integrity Associate. I said yes and they asked me to come in for an in store interview and I did where I was interviewed by the HR person in-store and was offered a position on the spot. I accepted and then was sent for an immediate drug test and background check.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to multi-task.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You CAN negotiate your pay as long as it not too outlandish!!! Most people do not but know that you CAN!!!

Very Easy Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a Home Depot HR representative from Atlanta and did an over-the phone interview for flooring associate. They told me they'd be in contact with me and I didn't hear from them for over a month and then a store actually called me and gave me an interview over the phone and I was asked to come in and speak with them. I spoke with an assistant manager and then the store manager and then was offered a job, filled out paperwork, and had to do a drug test within 24 hours of the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!