The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Niagara Falls, NY).

Interview

The interview was great. My interviewer was extremely nice & down to earth. Felt more so like I was talking to a friend & not an interviewer. The interview was about an half an hour & I was told that she really liked me & that she would love to see me as apart of their team!

Interview Questions

• Name an experience where you had to think quickly on your feet to fix a situation. I'm waiting on my second interview!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

The process is pretty quick. You apply online under the careers tab on the website. They called quickly and set up a face to face interview. It's pretty informal. They usually start you off entry level and you have opportunity to advance from there.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call a month later. I interviewed in person and got the job. I used a friend who previously worked there as a reference. Directly after the interview they sent me to get a urine test at a lab. A couple days later I got a call informing me I can start monday.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't know where something was in the store and a customer asked it's location, what would you do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Sat down with manager and head cashier, was asked for a resume, resume was reviewed and I was asked questions about schooling and previous work experience. I was asked if I had any qualifications from previous employers that made me a better candidate. Relatively basic and simple process. Because the position was open, I was hired on the spot and started training that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online then the next day was called. I was called for a phone interview, then scheduled for in person, interviewed by HR manager. The HR manager took a while to interview me. I had to wait at least 45 minutes till the actual interview took place even though I showed up early.

Interview Questions

• Do I take things personal and how to I deal with customers who are having a bad day   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Danvers, MA).

Interview

Interviewed with ASM first, on her recommendation, interviewed and hired by SM. This all happened after applying online in January then getting called in April. I was also given a telephone interview and was first offered a position in freight. Frankly, however, I have a college degree and this position was a "bridge" job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Told what I'd be paid ($0.25 less than younger hires).

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interviewed with the front end supervisor and assistant manager. So it was a one day process and got hired that day. Next I had to take a drug test and get a background check. Once that came in you do orientation for Home Depot and then do computer training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an unruly customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Easy, applied online then got a call from the head cashier. First interview was with head cashier, second with asst manager. Then a job offer and began work, the first week was devoted to training. The managers helped to make it a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked with customers before, give an example of a situation where a customer was upset and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Took 3-4 months before they actually gave me a phone interview and if you pass the phone interview they will email confirming a person to person interview within a week. The process overall does take long, usually they always hire alot of cashiers.

Interview Questions

• A lot of cashier experience questions: 1. If you were the last person a customer come to what kind of service would you provide them? 2. when was a time when you experience an angry customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

questions on cust service. two people watching you answer. one dept head and one manager. first phone interview after a week and then face to face. Low pressure, easy to ace if you can put two words together to form a sentence.

Interview Questions

• what would you suggest to a customer buying paint   1 Answer