The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Niagara Falls, NY).

Interview

The interview was great. My interviewer was extremely nice & down to earth. Felt more so like I was talking to a friend & not an interviewer. The interview was about an half an hour & I was told that she really liked me & that she would love to see me as apart of their team!

Interview Questions

• Name an experience where you had to think quickly on your feet to fix a situation. I'm waiting on my second interview!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Easy, applied online then got a call from the head cashier. First interview was with head cashier, second with asst manager. Then a job offer and began work, the first week was devoted to training. The managers helped to make it a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked with customers before, give an example of a situation where a customer was upset and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Took 3-4 months before they actually gave me a phone interview and if you pass the phone interview they will email confirming a person to person interview within a week. The process overall does take long, usually they always hire alot of cashiers.

Interview Questions

• A lot of cashier experience questions:
      1. If you were the last person a customer come to what kind of service would you provide them?
      2. when was a time when you experience an angry customer and how did you handle it?

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email one to two weeks later, asking me to call a number and set up a phone interview. I called their hiring center and was asked some pretty basic retail questions. When that was over, I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the store I would be working in. I went for that interview and was asked pretty much the same questions. They offered me the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you make an impact on customers knowing you are their last point of contact in the store?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to use speed and accuracy in a situation.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

questions on cust service. two people watching you answer. one dept head and one manager. first phone interview after a week and then face to face. Low pressure, easy to ace if you can put two words together to form a sentence.

Interview Questions

• what would you suggest to a customer buying paint   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview was of average length, about a half hour. The interviewer was super nice and I was totally at ease with her. I was offered a job on the spot contingent on a drug test. I got my result in 3 days or so and had the job! I didn't have to wait around in the dark.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It wasn't hard at all to be honest if you come there with a positive attitude you must be an idiot not to get the job. I think the process was easy, but the results could differ depending on various management styles.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Mobile, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview first and they asked a series of questions that were a little tricky, then I was set up for a face to face interview. It was a very relaxed interview. He asked me 7 questions which were all pretty simple. But the store manager was out of town so I have to wait for a call back.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that makes you qualified for this job?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer asked you about a product that you didn't know anything about?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you had to use speed and accuracy to accomplish a goal   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite/least favorite part about being a cashier?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Portsmouth, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Got an email about a phone interview from HR. Did the phone interview, 3-4 questions, 10 min tops, questions about your availability, how you worked as a team in a recent job experience, what your experience was and how it could be relevant to the position you were applying for. So I passed that and was scheduled for an in person interview at my local store a few days later. Interviewed with I guess the assistant manager and was asked behavioral questions and why I wanted to work at Home Depot. My best advice is to really put together a nice answer for why you want to work there. Include a short story on how home improvement is relevant to your life, how Home Depot has contributed to that in various ways to why you like that company best and lastly ways in which you hope to contribute towards their success. After that first interview I was scheduled for another one the next day with the head manager. At that one, he pretty much asked me why Home Depot again and what I hoped to get out of working there. I was hired in the spot :) it helps to come in with a good attitude and to have mad enthusiasm while you answer your questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot?
      If your dealing with a difficult customer what would you do?
      If a product is out of stock in the store and a customer wants it what would you tell them?
      What do you hope to get out of working at Home Depot?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

it was a fun and exciting experience the first and only interview I ever went on and it felt like a regular conversation. the interviewer made me feel very comfortable which was excellent.