The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I applied and got called for an interview like 3 weeks after the interview went ok. But the lady that interviewed me seemed very distracted, I kinda had a feeling i wouldn't get hired because my availability wasn't all that great

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you a question and you didn't know the answer   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth and easy. After applying, I received a phone call within two days. From there, went in for an interview. There were about nine people all applying for various positions. After conversing a little bit, one by one we were called in the human resources office. From there, I was hired on the spot. I started training within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years within the company?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

applied online website, called Human Resources to reiterate interest in job, had my interviewed with the store manager, drug test that day (make sure you have time for that!), had orientation, then training for a week.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal w/ a difficult costumer   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

it was pretty easy. I was asked questions based off resume and scenario like questions. They were mainly focused on customer service skills. Did a quick phone interview first. Then did a one on one interview with one of the assistant managers. Drug test same day offer was given.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

One interview with the HR rep in her office. Sent for a drug screen the same day. Questions were pretty simple. Tell me about your last job. Tell me about what you did in this situation, etc. It was very casual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Niagara Falls, NY).

Interview

The interview was great. My interviewer was extremely nice & down to earth. Felt more so like I was talking to a friend & not an interviewer. The interview was about an half an hour & I was told that she really liked me & that she would love to see me as apart of their team!

Interview Questions

• Name an experience where you had to think quickly on your feet to fix a situation. I'm waiting on my second interview!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

The process is pretty quick. You apply online under the careers tab on the website. They called quickly and set up a face to face interview. It's pretty informal. They usually start you off entry level and you have opportunity to advance from there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Received an automated call asking a couple questions, then got connected to a hiring representative, who told me what the position was for and asked if I wanted to continue with the interview. He then proceeded to ask me phone interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call a month later. I interviewed in person and got the job. I used a friend who previously worked there as a reference. Directly after the interview they sent me to get a urine test at a lab. A couple days later I got a call informing me I can start monday.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't know where something was in the store and a customer asked it's location, what would you do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Sat down with manager and head cashier, was asked for a resume, resume was reviewed and I was asked questions about schooling and previous work experience. I was asked if I had any qualifications from previous employers that made me a better candidate. Relatively basic and simple process. Because the position was open, I was hired on the spot and started training that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer