The Home Depot

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

1. Apply Online
2. Phone Automated Interview
3. First In Store Interview
4. Second Interview ( Pretty Much You Have The Job By Then) Just A Refresher Of The First Interview and They Offer You The Job.
5. Background Check/ Drug Test

None. Starting Off With $8.50 In S. FL But Potential For A Raise

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

About 6 straight forward questions. Did you have any related experience; if you don't the answer for a customer question, how are going handle that; I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one challenging/difficult situation you went through in your past and how you handle it and what you learned from it   Answer Question
    Absolutely no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

must pass the phone interview. and the second interview and pass a drug test and background check before consideration of employment.If you meet all the requirements for employment you can get hired on with Home Depot.

I accepted what they offered cause I was fresh out of school and needed a job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2015.

I applied online on December 30th, 2014, then took an assessment. I was called on January 5th, 2015 for an interview the next day. The manager was very friendly on the phone, and when I got to the store, everyone was so nice to me, and told me it was tons of fun working there. One manager came to get me for the interview. It was one-on-one in a little office by the break room. I actually got to sit in the break room for a couple minutes, which was cool. They have a TV back there, and nice chairs and tables. Much different and much nicer than any other place I've worked for! Everyone gets along very well and they joke around with each other. The culture seems awesome. I answered just five or six easy questions, and then she graded it while I waited in the break room for a couple minutes. Then, she called me back, and told me I had the job. I accepted the offer. I'm very excited to work at such a fun place, and they also let you dress in jeans and tennis-shoes, which is definitely a plus. I went to do the drug test and they're doing a background check on me, and as soon as those results come back, I get to start working. She said probably this weekend! It was a very easy and quick process all in all.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me a time when you had to do something both very quickly and accurately?   View Answer
    • How would you handle a customer talking badly about another associate or about the company?   View Answer
    They just said, "We'd like to offer this position to you. It's 8.75/hr." No negotiation really.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2015.

Applied online, git a call about 4 days later and I interviewed a week later. The interview was about 20 minutes. Laid back, easy questions. Mostly about my past work experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found a twenty dollar bill on the parking lot?   View Answer
    No negotiating.

Cashier Interview

This process is pretty easy - especially if you get hired seasonally. they are always looking for help and unless you aren't able to tie to your shoes, they will hire you. They just want to know about you, any prior experience in the customer serviced industry you might have as well

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Filled out an application online. Few weeks later got a call from the retail headquarters. They asked simple questions relating to customer service. Then told me that she set me up a in-person interview. During the interview she asked me six questions basically about customer service and how I would react to certain thing. Overall it was pretty easy and always ask a question if they ask do you have any questions for me.

Interview Questions
    • not really difficult... 1. How would I react to a rude customer? 2. What would I do if a customer had a concern about a product that I wasn't familiar with? they were pretty basic questions.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Initially applied online and received a email from headquarters telling me to call a number for a screening interview/call. After that I was offered a in store interview. Basic questions, all pertaining to customer service. Easy interview, now waiting for a call back to interview w/ the store manager.
    *update* I was called back for a interview w/ the store manager after 2 days. This interview was a lot shorter (5mins) and was really just manager verifying I was the right pick. Was asked to tell him about myself, and why I want to work there. Keep it customer service related. If you nail the first interview, the job is pretty much yours. Just make a good impression in the 2nd.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a lot to do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable. $9.25 in CA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Two interview, a background check and a drug test. Incredibly nice people to work with. Excellent benefits, except they don't pay for medical. Excellent training program. You know what your doing when the training is finished.

Anonymous Employee in Bak, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Bak, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Very short interview. Less than 10 minutes. Interviewer was unfriendly and acted like I was bothering her for being there. Neither my resume nor my application were reviewed or discussed. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself and why you would be a good fit for Home Depot.   Answer Question