The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
206 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Porter, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is relatively simple. You go online and put in an application. They will send you an email letting you know that they have received your application. After reviewing your application they will send you another email letting you know if they're interested, including a number for you to call to have a phone interview. If the phone interview goes well they will immediately let you know the date and time of your in store interview. The in store interview is not very hard and the interviewers are very polite. They decide if they want you to work for them that day and if they do, they send you off for a drug test. After about a week they get your results and call you back if you come back clean. They then set an appointment for you to come in and fill out your paper work, making you an official Home Depot employee. You begin lots of training videos with four or five hour shift for about five days out of the week until you finish all of your videos. The amount of time you spend in the computer room depends on what department you work in.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of questions for examples of situations that you were a great employee who went above and beyond to help the customer get all the help that they need.   Answer Question

Rochester, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted an interview online and within a few days i got a call from their career department and answered some simple questions about work experiences, A few days later i got a call to come in for an interview, then in the followup i was hired

Interview Question – In a previous job how did you work with others effectively to overcome Hard task with Co Workers   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a call back. They have a slow process so just be patient. no unexpected questions. a good time to apply is in just before summer starts. store gets crazy then. winter its pretty damn slow

Interview Question – nothing really unexpected. just call upon previous work experience when asked specific questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it. THD def not my first choice and if i had an option i def wouldnt work there. but a paycheck is a paycheck and ill make some cash while i look for a real job

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hayward, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was easy to get the job. The interview was really, no hard questions trust me. if anything the phone interview was the hardest part which wasn't even that hard.

Interview Question – nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got called for a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview, she scheduled me for a face to face interview with the head cashiers. Then after I passed that interview they scheduled me for an Interview with the store manager where I just signed papers. Took a drug test and started paid orientation and paid training. It was a week long of computer training because we had to watch all the videos and pass all the tests on the computer.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult thing in life. It doesn't have to be work related.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First the manager said 8.00 and then he changed his mind so fast and wrote down 8.25 per hour and had me sign the paper.

West Nyack, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2010.

Interview Details – You apply on the Home Depot website. The HR manager calls you to come in for an interview. You get interviewed by either the HR manager or the store manager or an assistant manager.

Interview Question – The interview is pretty easy, any experience in retail, plumbing, carpentry, landscaping, electrical etc. and you're practically in. You basically have to be breathing to get hired.

If they ask you what you want to get paid, shoot high
  View Answer

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received email that I'd been selected. Did the phone interview that day and was told the store would be calling me the next day. I asked if they were sure the position was still open, "Yes, it is." Called the store who told me they had filled the position "3 days ago". Waste of time.

Interview Question – "Have you ever had a difficult costumer?"   Answer Question

Wausau, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2010.

Interview Details – I gave the interviewer a wage number. She said, "That wouldn't be a problem." After working there for two weeks, I got my check and saw that the hourly rate was NOT what we agreed upon.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Standard retail interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unethical. See my comment above.

Antioch, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online in January 2014
Initial interview with manager on duty: April 2, 2014
Follow up interview with store manager: April 8, 2014
Offered position: May 1, 2014
May 1, 2014 to Present date: Have not been on boarded yet despite my diligence in communication and coordinating with ASDS.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call back. She asked me to say a few things in Spanish and then got an interview. The interview was at some job fair type thing and was interviewed by an assistant manager and then with gen manager. They asked scenarios and work history.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were scenarios. how would handle difficult customers, etc.   Answer Question