The Home Depot

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Contacted for interview after submitting application online. Two interviews were conducted with positive results. I felt valued and welcomed with the experience I had to offer. Position was accepted.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – The process is very cumbersome. Be prepared for oddball questions as the interviews are situational interviews and the same questions are asked of all canditates. You may be fortunate to have an interviewer who also tries to get to know you. Be prepared for role play on manager to subordinate situations.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time (is how all the questions start)...when you were given a deadline for a task that you knew you could not meet. How did you handle the situation, what was the reaction from your manager/peers/subordinates & what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You are offered and either take it or leave it.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Very brief straight to the point interview.Typical questions. Why do you want to work etc.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer asks about something you aren't familiar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – if you have retail exp. do not be afraid to negotiate pay

Head Cashier Interview

Head Cashier
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2010.

Interview Details – There was one interview after the online survey/test , after that interview there ia an drug test that must be taken, after they have initialized the results they will call back for a second interview this time with the store supervisor .

Interview Question – How long do you see yourself working at the Home Depot?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Interview Details – I filled an application out online and received a call for a phone interview. During the phone interview general scenario questions were asked. I was scheduled for an in-store interview about 2 days later. During this interview I was asked more scenario questions and about my hours. I was then scheduled for an interview with the manager. After interviewing with the manager I was offered a position and a background check and drug test had to be done the next day.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was really short. Sadly I didn't have enough management experience, coming out of a writing major. They had a few easy questions and a few hard ones. But the guy was really busy and said he'd call me back but never did.

Interview Question – What makes you unique?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had my first interview over the phone, 14 days after i applied for the job. two weeks later they called and scheduled 1on1 interview, and 3 days later they scheduled another interview with the manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience with large scale sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was negotiable.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Chicago, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2011.

Interview Details – As always with Home Depot, need to do background checks, tests and interviews. All went well for me, but the job offer was pathetic and administered by a Regional HR Asst that had no authority. It was a take it or leave it attitude.

Interview Question – Can't recall specifics. Big on ethics, reporting peers if they steal, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was below the bottom of the Glassdoor salary range, in spite of work experience and test scores that should have put me at the top of the range.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!