The Home Depot Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Short question and answer process. Asks about prior employment, stregnths and why you chose Home Depot. Short 5 answer interview and very friendly. It wasn't nerve wreaking and they make you feel comfortable

Interview Questions

• How where you faced with an obstacle in prior employment and how did you overcome it ?   Answer Question

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone call from the corporate office they asked four questions then said to for a phone call from the store I applied to. I'm still waiting. In the mean time I applied to other locations. They were hiring a ton of people for the spring season so I'm sure a lot of people applied.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you work in a team environment.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to pick which stores I was willing to work at. Before picking the store(s) be sure to consider your travel options. Sometimes your shift can be as short as four hours. Is it worth an hour bus ride/drive to get to a distant store? If a store is interested in you, they arrange a phone interview by corporate HR which includes basic screening questions. Passing that, there is an in-person interview at the store by HR. They assigned me to my department based on what positions were open and not based on my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is great customer service?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

by phone, then 2 in-person and just a waiting game from there. keep calling the store HR to check your status because they do get busy. hopefully you are placed with a wonderful department head

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Contacted for interview after submitting application online. Two interviews were conducted with positive results. I felt valued and welcomed with the experience I had to offer. Position was accepted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

The application online required some basic tests. I received a phone screening a few days later. At the end of the screening they set up an interview. The interview was easy and I got hired on the spot. A drug test was required, and once they received they results they called me to set up my training.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process is very cumbersome. Be prepared for oddball questions as the interviews are situational interviews and the same questions are asked of all canditates. You may be fortunate to have an interviewer who also tries to get to know you. Be prepared for role play on manager to subordinate situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time (is how all the questions start)...when you were given a deadline for a task that you knew you could not meet. How did you handle the situation, what was the reaction from your manager/peers/subordinates & what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You are offered and either take it or leave it.

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was short and fairly easy and the interview was kind of short and simple. I was told that the sooner I take the drug test, the The pay was better than I was expecting but I should have set my minimum higher but with negotiations.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how would I or how have I dealt with working with difficult co-workers in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiate with them but be reasonable

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Got in touch with me, then easy set up to an appointment. They were running late, which was a bit annoying, but it was an associate position. Interview was pretty straight forward, mostly focusing on my availability, and if I could work when they needed.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to put trash in compactor without gloves? Very strange question, can they not afford gloves?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very brief straight to the point interview.Typical questions. Why do you want to work etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asks about something you aren't familiar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

if you have retail exp. do not be afraid to negotiate pay