The Home Depot Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Hialeah Gdns, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hialeah Gdns, FL).

Interview

I applied online, about a week after, that they called me to go do the interview, I was applying for a Customer Service possition, which they refused to give me because I "needed" to work at the parking lots pick up the carts and also cleaning the store front for at least three months before considering upgrading my job position to a chashier or something like it.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you solve the customer's needs ? And how was it for you having to handle those kinds of situations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Southfield, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a position in Southfield and received a phone call to set up a phone interview two days later. The phone interview was conducted by someone out of state. After answering a couple of questions, I was scheduled for a face to face interview at the Southfield location.

Interview Questions

• Please describe an instance when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austintown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austintown, OH).

Interview

I received a call from the headquarters in Gerogia but missed it because I was in class. I called back, did a short interview that asked mostly situational questions and questions about myself. They then offered me a face to face interview. I had he interview today. I showed up at the customer service desk about 10 minutes early, and I was pointed to a break room where the assistant manager then met me. He took me to his office, asked me about myself, and then asked me six questions. They were very similar to the phone questions. At the end of the interview, he ended up offering me a cashier position. I accepted the offer, and now am waiting to take the drug test and receive background check results.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a confused customer in the store, what would you consider a successful interaction with said customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Clermont, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Sales of hardware, what I knew about different tools, would I be comfertable in this position, would I be available with an open schedule, how long have I been involve in sales, tell about a time I had to deal with an irate customer and how was the problem resolved, are you a team player; it was a very easy interview,

Interview Questions

• What was my last position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Once I submitted my online application I had to call the HR manager several times before I reached her and then was scheduled for an interview at a hiring event. The interview was brief and impersonal and unorganized. Once I completed the pre-hire requirements I again had to contact the store HR director for an on boarding and start date.

Interview Questions

• They were mainly concerned with availibility   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sioux Falls, SD) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a CSA in seasonal lawn & garden. Local store contacted me and set up interview in just 2 days. Two days later went for a short interview. Interviewed with department manager and his manager. They were very very young for being department managers -- only in their mid 20's. Anyway, I think they had already had someone selected for the position and were just interested to see if I could possibly fit in other open positions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard interview questions that you would normally expect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Covington, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was by phone by a staffing representative who then verified who I was and the jobs that was applying for. She asked me why would I like to work at Home Depot and then asked me about customer service.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Glendale, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I saw a "Now Hiring" sign in this particular store. It was very clear on the steps to be taken. 1. Apply on line. 2. Choose this particular store, by store number ,on the application. 3. Wait to receive a verification Number in an email. 4. Call the store with that number, to set up an interview. I followed those instructions and was called in about 3 days for my first interview, it was on a Thursday. It was fairly brief and although I was nervous, the man I interviewed with made me feel very comfortable. He was friendly, personable and encouraging. The questions were simple answers, mostly common sense and common courtesy. The following Monday I was called to come in and submit information for a background check, and to go for a drug test. Within 2 days I was scheduled to begin training.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

I received a phone call to set up an in-person interview. The interview was conducted with the HR at the store. After all the questions, I was sent for a urine analysis.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Basically ask you to tell them about a time when...... And its all relating to customer service. They will ask you when to explain a situation where you had a very difficult customer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didnt resolve a customer issue. And what steps did you take?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interview went very smooth. No pressure or hard questions. Nothing like I had imagine. The interviewer was very nice and calm. Seems like a great atmosphere and a cool place to work at.