The Home Depot

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Basically ask you to tell them about a time when......
And its all relating to customer service. They will ask you when to explain a situation where you had a very difficult customer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you didnt resolve a customer issue. And what steps did you take?   Answer Question
Interview went very smooth. No pressure or hard questions. Nothing like I had imagine. The interviewer was very nice and calm. Seems like a great atmosphere and a cool place to work at.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Customer Service Associate Interview

It is a joke. They have you answer a ton of questions and then they have a stupid third party company call and drill you a little before you can even talk to anyone at the store location that you applied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Standardized online test of 75 - 80 questions of work situations and basic math...no way to know how you did..
    Then interview in person answering 4 - 5 similar. Interviewer uninterested and distracted. Did explain job well...positives and negatives.
    Then big meeting with store manager to be presented job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Numerous questions asked about solving workplace problems yourself or going to supervisor   Answer Question

Low salary and no incentives

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Online obvious questions. In-person interviews simply make sure you're honest and (in my experience) we extremely short. No questions were asked about who I am as a person.

Interview Questions
    • Just admit you don't what something is or know how to do something. There is plenty of training later, but there can be trap questions to see if you'll like about a fictional tool/process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2014.

it takes about 2 month to hear back after online app, got a recording then appointment set for interview had 2 on diff weeks and was hired on the last one.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to work for home depot?   View Answer
    Really there is no negotiating them have a set rate which they pay in each job.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

I completed an online application on a Tuesday and received an email on Friday at approximately 2:00 pm stating they would be calling to conduct a phone interview. I received a call at 5:00 pm and was asked six questions that required a simple answer of yes or no. I was asked a few more questions regarding experience and skills. At the end of the phone interview, an in-person interview was set up for Monday at 10:00 am at the Home Depot where the position was offered. The interview was with two women who were very friendly and put me at ease. While one asked the questions, the other took notes on my answers. I was asked seven questions involving how I would handle various situations and also required me to explain situations I experienced and their end result. I was told at the end of the interview that they would be conducting interviews throughout the remainder of the week. However, I received a phone call at 4:30 pm that very same day and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a challenging customer. What was the difficult or challenging situation, how did you handle it, and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Onsite interview with HR and department manager. Standard old school interview reviewing details from my resume and asking superficial questions about my background. They appeared to review my resume just moments before I arrived or during the interview. In their defense, the economy was terrible and I was substantially over qualified for a part time position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked nothing difficult or unexpected.   View Answer
    No negotiations at all. It was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2013.

As expected, apply, online test, interview.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions they want answers to, times you dealt with difficult situations, customers, what qualifies you...   View Answer
    No negotiation, but any lateral move is like a raise and prepares you to move elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very brief straight to the point interview.Typical questions. Why do you want to work etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer asks about something you aren't familiar with.   Answer Question
    if you have retail exp. do not be afraid to negotiate pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

I applied in-store and then received an email from retail staffing the same day. I called and a phone interview was conducted and then my store interview was scheduled. I went in for two interviews, but my hours of availability did not work for Garden Recovery (the position I was originally interviewed for). They called me in for one more interview, turns out there was no interview conducted at all, I was offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever shopped at The Home Depot? A yes will not automatically get you the job.   View Answer
    No negotiation, $9.50/hr.