The Home Depot Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Fast she barely asked any questions. She never lookex up from her paper and barely acknowledged my presence. After the interview, she said I should walk around the store and learn where every thing is. I waited 3 weeks and never heard any thing back from them. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

First I called to do a follow up on my application, then I had to give a confirmation number, then I was called back a week later for a Telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had in the Customer Service field   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Ogden, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email with an online job assessment link within a week of applying. I believe the assessment had 3-4 sections. Once I finished, I picked my interview time and day via the assessment. The first interview was with the Supervisor and Manager. The second interview consisted of filling out paperwork, picking a shift, and taking drug testing paperwork to an outside source for testing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

very simple hiring process, most questions asked are based on your prior experiences as well as what would you do scenarios. The more detailed your answers are the more the interviewers are interested in you. Many questions they would give you a scenario and asked what you would do and how you would handle the customer. Most questions were simple enough. Expect to be there for at least 2 hours

Interview Questions

• Most questions were easy to answer, it was a matter of how detailed your answers were to the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much negotiation, you were given the pay they were offering as well as the hours they were looking to hire for and you had a choice either to accept or not

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later they sent me an online assessment to complete. After that they sent me an email to select an interview date and time. I was then interview twice. The first time was all situation based questions. After this interview I was asked to wait in the lobby and then had a second interview the same day. The second time they asked why do you want to work here and other basic questions. Although another candidate said during their second interview they were asked about the history of Home Depot. After the second interview I was asked to wait in the lobby again. I was offered a job that day before I left pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were situation based; like describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and tell me a time you had a problem you had to use several steps to solve. Just make sure to fully elaborate and use the STAR method to answer the questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

They were only offering a night shift position and it didn't fit with my school schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Jacksonville, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

i applied online and within a week, i received a call for an initial phone screen, after the phone screen, i was called in for an in-house interview at the jacksonville store, and that went quite well; the interview was extremely easy and calm. the person conducting the interview was very relaxed and in turn, so was i.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a customer that is disatisfied and is being difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation on offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very easy! Sometimes it takes a while for them to call you for an interview but once you get one it is very easy. Just be relaxed and speak as if you know you are what they are looking for. Best advise I could give is if you do not have customer services in a call center like I did make it up. Trust me they will not check.

Interview Questions

• If you had an upset customer how would you handle the situation   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Left sitting waiitng for 2 hours while HR was out shopping. When she came back, she was wearing torn jeans and a t-shirt. I had apprehensions then, but decided Home Depot was where I wanted to work despite the appearance of the HR rep.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall being asked anything other than what rate of pay I expected and when I could start.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

Interview

I learned about this job through the Urban League of Greater Atlanta. Before the actual interview you will meet an HR Rep-Kerri who is WONDERFUL. HD uses the STAR method to interview you. The HR rep asked about seven questions. Some of the questions included describe a time when you had conflict with a customer or co worker, describe a time when you had to upsell service, and describe a time you had a problem with a customer and how did you solve it. Know the history of HD (the year HD was founded, CEO of the company, year stocks went public etc)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

This was for the call center in Kennesaw Ga.
    The questions they ask based on situations. To begin I was first interviewed by 2 HR professionals. They asked their questions using a TASK or STAR approach. So take your time and really answer the questions with the most detail and literally tell them a story (Don't forget your eye contact!) I have a very bubbly personality and I honestly WANTED to work there.
    The more you are engaged with the interviewers, the better your chances are. After the interview I shook hands and they asked me to wait out in the lobby. Next I was interviewed by another HR professional and she detailed what I would be doing and if I was okay with structure (coming from Walgreens it was refreshing I love the face to face, but it wasn't paying the bills lol). Then she asked for availability, etc. Again I shook hands with her and waited in the lobby again.
    I was interviewed yet AGAIN by a third HR professional and was formally offered the position. I asked a couple more questions about the company and she ushered me in to fill out paperwork and get my drug test forms and the Background clearance forms.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a situation in which something was broken and what did you do to fix it without a supervisor"
      "Tell me how you would handle conflict between your coworkers"
      "Tell me how you handled a difficult customer, what did you do to resolve the problem"

2 Answers

Negotiation

Their was no negotiation. It was a firm offer BUT once you are in, SO many opportunities come up.