The Home Depot Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Very simple. Two people in the room with you like a panel interview, both asked questions. The interviewers were very nice and answered my questions. They explained the position in detail. After, I interviewed with HR manager same day, and another manager. I am waiting for a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a disgruntled customer or co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long. There were 3 rounds of the interview process (I first interviewed with 2 managers, then 1 and then 1 more). I also waited along time between each interview so be prepared to wait.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to pay attention to detail and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Fast she barely asked any questions. She never lookex up from her paper and barely acknowledged my presence. After the interview, she said I should walk around the store and learn where every thing is. I waited 3 weeks and never heard any thing back from them. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

First I called to do a follow up on my application, then I had to give a confirmation number, then I was called back a week later for a Telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had in the Customer Service field   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ogden, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email with an online job assessment link within a week of applying. I believe the assessment had 3-4 sections. Once I finished, I picked my interview time and day via the assessment. The first interview was with the Supervisor and Manager. The second interview consisted of filling out paperwork, picking a shift, and taking drug testing paperwork to an outside source for testing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

very simple hiring process, most questions asked are based on your prior experiences as well as what would you do scenarios. The more detailed your answers are the more the interviewers are interested in you. Many questions they would give you a scenario and asked what you would do and how you would handle the customer. Most questions were simple enough. Expect to be there for at least 2 hours

Interview Questions

• Most questions were easy to answer, it was a matter of how detailed your answers were to the questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much negotiation, you were given the pay they were offering as well as the hours they were looking to hire for and you had a choice either to accept or not

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. The company is always conducting interviews and you are generally offered the job on the spot if they like you. I came in for my interview (just one) at 130, I was filling out paperwork by 215. It's actually a very transparent process overall. I had no problems whatsoever

Interview Questions

• Give a specific time when you had to deal with a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later they sent me an online assessment to complete. After that they sent me an email to select an interview date and time. I was then interview twice. The first time was all situation based questions. After this interview I was asked to wait in the lobby and then had a second interview the same day. The second time they asked why do you want to work here and other basic questions. Although another candidate said during their second interview they were asked about the history of Home Depot. After the second interview I was asked to wait in the lobby again. I was offered a job that day before I left pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were situation based; like describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and tell me a time you had a problem you had to use several steps to solve. Just make sure to fully elaborate and use the STAR method to answer the questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

They were only offering a night shift position and it didn't fit with my school schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Jacksonville, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

i applied online and within a week, i received a call for an initial phone screen, after the phone screen, i was called in for an in-house interview at the jacksonville store, and that went quite well; the interview was extremely easy and calm. the person conducting the interview was very relaxed and in turn, so was i.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a customer that is disatisfied and is being difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation on offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very easy! Sometimes it takes a while for them to call you for an interview but once you get one it is very easy. Just be relaxed and speak as if you know you are what they are looking for. Best advise I could give is if you do not have customer services in a call center like I did make it up. Trust me they will not check.

Interview Questions

• If you had an upset customer how would you handle the situation   Answer Question