The Home Depot Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.2

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online and a few weeks later they sent me an online assessment to complete. After that they sent me an email to select an interview date and time. I was then interview twice. The first time was all situation based questions. After this interview I was asked to wait in the lobby and then had a second interview the same day. The second time they asked why do you want to work here and other basic questions. Although another candidate said during their second interview they were asked about the history of Home Depot. After the second interview I was asked to wait in the lobby again. I was offered a job that day before I left pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
  • All the questions were situation based; like describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and tell me a time you had a problem you had to use several steps to solve. Just make sure to fully elaborate and use the STAR method to answer the questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

They were only offering a night shift position and it didn't fit with my school schedule.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in April 2013.

i applied online and within a week, i received a call for an initial phone screen, after the phone screen, i was called in for an in-house interview at the jacksonville store, and that went quite well; the interview was extremely easy and calm. the person conducting the interview was very relaxed and in turn, so was i.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle a customer that is disatisfied and is being difficult   Answer Question
    no negotiation on offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Left sitting waiitng for 2 hours while HR was out shopping. When she came back, she was wearing torn jeans and a t-shirt. I had apprehensions then, but decided Home Depot was where I wanted to work despite the appearance of the HR rep.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall being asked anything other than what rate of pay I expected and when I could start.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

I learned about this job through the Urban League of Greater Atlanta. Before the actual interview you will meet an HR Rep-Kerri who is WONDERFUL. HD uses the STAR method to interview you. The HR rep asked about seven questions. Some of the questions included describe a time when you had conflict with a customer or co worker, describe a time when you had to upsell service, and describe a time you had a problem with a customer and how did you solve it. Know the history of HD (the year HD was founded, CEO of the company, year stocks went public etc)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

This was for the call center in Kennesaw Ga.
    The questions they ask based on situations. To begin I was first interviewed by 2 HR professionals. They asked their questions using a TASK or STAR approach. So take your time and really answer the questions with the most detail and literally tell them a story (Don't forget your eye contact!) I have a very bubbly personality and I honestly WANTED to work there.
    The more you are engaged with the interviewers, the better your chances are. After the interview I shook hands and they asked me to wait out in the lobby. Next I was interviewed by another HR professional and she detailed what I would be doing and if I was okay with structure (coming from Walgreens it was refreshing I love the face to face, but it wasn't paying the bills lol). Then she asked for availability, etc. Again I shook hands with her and waited in the lobby again.
    I was interviewed yet AGAIN by a third HR professional and was formally offered the position. I asked a couple more questions about the company and she ushered me in to fill out paperwork and get my drug test forms and the Background clearance forms.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a situation in which something was broken and what did you do to fix it without a supervisor"
      "Tell me how you would handle conflict between your coworkers"
      "Tell me how you handled a difficult customer, what did you do to resolve the problem"
        View Answers (2)
    Their was no negotiation. It was a firm offer BUT once you are in, SO many opportunities come up.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Very thorough interview process and on line application, good questions, friendly comfortable environment, very professional staff, very helpful managers, very willing to answer my questions, open to my work life balance and willing to work around my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with direct customer interface?   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2013.

Emailed regarding position that was applied for by Human Resources. Was given a date and time for the interview within a reasonable time period. Had to take an personality and skills assessment prior to interview. On the day of the interview, was interviewed by a total of three people. First interview was before two supervisors for the company. It consisted of answering basic questions about work history and certain work scenarios. Second part of the interview took place one member of senior management. After the last interview, a tour of the facility was performed. After waiting several minutes, job was offered and paperwork was completed. Informed of start date and training schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had any type of a conflict with a coworker and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2012.

Applied online, got interview two weeks later. Lengthy interview, multiple interviews were scheduled at the same time so it was first come first interviewed. They sat a group of four of us in a room for 30 minutes to have a supervisor play a 5 minute video about the company. After the video an interviewer pulled us out one by one for a 2 on 1 interview which lasted about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard customer service interview- Tell me of a time you had an upset customer and how did you resolve the situation. Tell me of a time when you had a situation that you could not solve and what did you do.   Answer Question

Got offered a better position at a different company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very easy. I submitted my resume and within a week I got a call. I went in for some tests and an interivew and filled out a job application onsite. I had to give them permission to do a background check and they gave me paperwork to have a drug test done. At the initial interview they asked a few questions and hired me on the spot. Though I was hired it wasn't official because of the pending drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had an issue or conflict at work and how did you ever resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Many rounds of answering the same questions. You get rated on a scale, and based on your rating (much like a GPA) you either move onto the next round or you are told to "reply in 60 days," aka you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What type of customer service have you provided in the past, including the most difficult situation and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    Don't be afraid to negotiate!