The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Evansville, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2010.

Interview Details – getting on with the home depot was easy. They really don't look for any experience... they are desperate to just have people work there b/c the turnover rate is so high. The usual questions on where you see yourself in 5-10 years etc. They didn't pay much attention to what my responses were and just took me at my appearance i think.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in ten years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate...took what was offered.

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview Details – Everything is done thru a central HR center online. Once you register then you may search and apply for as many jobs as they've available. I received a call back the next morning for a phone interview the first part of which was done by a computer. After four questions I was connected to a live interviewer who followed up with six additional questions. She was polite, professional and easy to understand. She made me comfortable and waited patiently to type the answers.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult life experience and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2010.

Interview Details – good corporate structured process

Interview Question – how would you handle something that was discussed in a management meeting that you did not agree with?   Answer Question

Newburgh, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2009.

Interview Details – fill online. called in. interviewed.

Interview Question – a lot of differently worded questions surrounding the same types of topics. customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2012.

Interview Details – Fairly general,expect two managers present the (ASM ) Assistant Store Manager,that you will be working directly under and the Store Manager. Basic questions name a time you had a difficult customer/customer complaint and what did you do to resolve their problems,name a time you had to discipline an associate,what actions were taken.

Interview Question – Name a time you had a discrepancy between two direct reports.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation,take it or leave it.

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was called in to the Office sat down and asked some RP questions. what do you do is you have a customer mad at you or one of your associates. how do you handle an associate's that is mad?

Interview Question – How do you handle a mad customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just be your self., and say how much you like working with customers and that their need's come first and for most.

Department Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewer was a department manager in the store, but had very little knowledge about the department manager position for which I was applying. I was asked questions about my previous experience in retail and interior design. I had a second interview with the store manager who questioned me about how I would motivate my department to achieve and exceed sales targets. Be prepared to offer motivational techniques for sales associates.

Interview Question – What motivational techniques do you use to motivate sales associates to achieve sales targets?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was 10K lower than my previous and similar retail job.

Very Easy Interview

Department Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2012.

Interview Details – way to long for a 10$ per hr job and they dont care if you've done the job before they look for key words that dont even have anything to do with the job how hard you work or your knowledge of anything
worst place to work in 35 years of employment

Interview Questions

Department Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2009.

Interview Details – It was different because I was already employed

Interview Question – How would you handle a certain associate   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None at all either take offer or don't

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!