The Home Depot

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Everything is done thru a central HR center online. Once you register then you may search and apply for as many jobs as they've available. I received a call back the next morning for a phone interview the first part of which was done by a computer. After four questions I was connected to a live interviewer who followed up with six additional questions. She was polite, professional and easy to understand. She made me comfortable and waited patiently to type the answers.

Interview Questions
  • What was your most difficult life experience and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in December 2012.

Fairly general,expect two managers present the (ASM ) Assistant Store Manager,that you will be working directly under and the Store Manager. Basic questions name a time you had a difficult customer/customer complaint and what did you do to resolve their problems,name a time you had to discipline an associate,what actions were taken.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a discrepancy between two direct reports.   Answer Question
    No negotiation,take it or leave it.

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2011.

Very Smooth and relaxed three stage interview process, interviewed by Hr manager then three ASM's, Finally the store manager. The ASM's felt threatened by my knowledge and experience. The store manager was out going.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2010.

I was called in to the Office sat down and asked some RP questions. what do you do is you have a customer mad at you or one of your associates. how do you handle an associate's that is mad?

Interview Questions
    Just be your self., and say how much you like working with customers and that their need's come first and for most.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2010.

good corporate structured process

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle something that was discussed in a management meeting that you did not agree with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2010.

getting on with the home depot was easy. They really don't look for any experience... they are desperate to just have people work there b/c the turnover rate is so high. The usual questions on where you see yourself in 5-10 years etc. They didn't pay much attention to what my responses were and just took me at my appearance i think.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate...took what was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in May 2009.

fill online. called in. interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • a lot of differently worded questions surrounding the same types of topics. customer service.   Answer Question
    n/a

Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2009.

The interviewer was a department manager in the store, but had very little knowledge about the department manager position for which I was applying. I was asked questions about my previous experience in retail and interior design. I had a second interview with the store manager who questioned me about how I would motivate my department to achieve and exceed sales targets. Be prepared to offer motivational techniques for sales associates.

Interview Questions
    • What motivational techniques do you use to motivate sales associates to achieve sales targets?   Answer Question

Salary was 10K lower than my previous and similar retail job.

Department Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2012.

way to long for a 10$ per hr job and they dont care if you've done the job before they look for key words that dont even have anything to do with the job how hard you work or your knowledge of anything
    worst place to work in 35 years of employment

Department Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in December 2009.

It was different because I was already employed

Interview Questions
    None at all either take offer or don't