The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.5

Department Supervisor Interview

Interview

Apply online, interview was fairly standard and as i was a internal candidate they asked a lot of questions about company processes and procedure plus typical interview questions. Fairly standard interview. Heard back in about a week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview process is fair and good. Be prepared as much as possible. The company normally makes very fair decisions when deciding who to hire. Definitely a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The people I interviewed with were very good at putting me at ease and made me feel comfortable. We made small talk to then got to the interview questions. Behavioral interview questions, which were direct and easy to understand. I hate interviews but this process was actually enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Glendale, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It went well, they seemed professional and we're very concise on what they expected. The interview lasted about 40 min. I was told they would discuss the interview and get back to me In a week or so if everthing was ok.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

applied on line . had interview on phone . he told me I will have interview in the store . I went in at 9 am . interviewer was late for more than half hour . he asked me too many questions and I answered them all , he liked my answers and he told me call Monday and talk to Loretta for another interview , I called the lady and I told her about interview . she said oh he did not select you .

Interview Questions

• tell me about your job experience .   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online, received a call 2 weeks later for a phone interview, a week later i was called for an in person interview with the assistant manager, a week later called in for a second interview with the store manager and another assistant manager. A week after that i was called in for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• what is your supervisory philosophy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little negotiation, Store manager offered me the highest hourly wage that the company would allow.

Department Supervisor Interview

Interview

Applied online. Asked to interview when I arrived for work one evening. Fairly informal with standard "describe a situation where such and such was happening and how you responded " type. of questions

Interview Questions

• Give example of how you shared your knowledge to other employees   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

First I had to fill out an online application. Then I was given a call from their hiring center. Then finally there was a one on one interview with the store manager. It was a very casual interview process. I did not even have to dress up, just wore jeans and a sweatshirt. Overall I found the interview process to be quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• How would my knowledge of certain Trades help me at The Home Depot   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate what hours and days I would be available due to fact I would be driving 70 miles each way to work.

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Interview

Filled out online application and received a call from an automated system to do a phone interview then about a week later received a call to do an in-store interview. I did the in store interview with the assistant manager and had general questions "what did you did you when you were in this situation" etc...She said someone would be in touch with me and so we will see.......I report back if I get an offer,

Interview Questions

• Name a time when your direct reports were arguing, what did you do and how did you handle it,   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview

Don't miss the interview, as it is nearly impossible to reschedule another one. Once at the interview, it is fairly easy going as long as your confident in your abilities. They'll ask the standard interview questions, and you'll give the standard interview answers, and you'll start shortly afterward. Good luck and be confident. Remember, if you've got the interview, they're already interested in you.