The Home Depot

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.5

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Filled out online application and received a call from an automated system to do a phone interview then about a week later received a call to do an in-store interview. I did the in store interview with the assistant manager and had general questions "what did you did you when you were in this situation" etc...She said someone would be in touch with me and so we will see.......I report back if I get an offer,

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when your direct reports were arguing, what did you do and how did you handle it,   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I was interviewed 8 years ago but still applies arrive early like 30 mins. interviewing manager or assistant may not be ready. be calm and be through to give examples and explain all your training. The more you are trained to do the more options that they could give you a differnt role with higher pay.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficut situation that you dealt with a assocaite and how did you turn it arround to a positive one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

All about excellent customer service !!! Answer with as many details as possible it helps trust me don't come looking like a slob. Don't be late! Think before you answer and have the most open schedule available as possible including weekends this is a must!

Interview Questions
    No negotiations they tell you what they're offering take it or leave it

Department Supervisor Interview

Don't miss the interview, as it is nearly impossible to reschedule another one. Once at the interview, it is fairly easy going as long as your confident in your abilities. They'll ask the standard interview questions, and you'll give the standard interview answers, and you'll start shortly afterward. Good luck and be confident. Remember, if you've got the interview, they're already interested in you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied and was interviewed as an outside candidate for a management position. Passed the process and elected to remain near home, accepted a DS position. Entered into the FAST TRACK promo at store 256. Under this program you work a few months in each department to learn HD's processes and be more ready for your leadership role.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in a management position in another city?   View Answer
    I met with the store Manager whom was pretty tough, but we came to an agreement of compensation and expectation I would be in a Management position in this market, as soon as my Fast Track Training was completed.

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Honestly the only way to really get an interview is to know someone in the store you are applying to. I applied 5 times in 2 years and never got an interview even though I was clearly over qualified for the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Just about customers in bad situations... and what you did to alleviate them.   Answer Question
    No negotiation of wages is allowed

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

You apply for any job at THD online. If they want to see you you are then called down for an interview with an assistant manager or store manager. There is another application to fill out. At that time they may decide to offer you a job. Be sure to negotiate the best salary they will accept at the time since your raises are small at THD (usually a quarter a year (or fifty cents if you are a SUPER employee!))

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever lied to a customer or done anything dishonest in the course of business?   Answer Question
    I asked for a certain dollar figure and explained I deserved it. They countered with their best offer. (it was higher than that position usually started at, Note: They do not have a standard scale. Pay is negotiated with certain guidelines.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

The Home Depot's online application process is for the most part easy to navigate. There is a specific sections for veterans which was nice. After submitting my application I was contacted about 2 months later for a phone interview. The lady conducting the interview seemed bored with her job and asked me questions in this monotone voice that was putting me to sleep! I must have done well because I was selected for an interview in the store tomorrow morning. I'll update the rest of the process after that interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific instance that you had to overcome a challenge. How did you handle it? Did you delegate?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Manager had a lot to say about their self and their positions. Read from a script.

No negation-set in stone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Online then interview and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the hardest work issue you had? And the outcome?   Answer Question
    Nothing