The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2008.

Interview Details – First interview was a case interview..."A supplier has asked for an increase in prices, how would you determine whether such an increase was warranted?"...followed by some other basic questions. Second interview was much more relaxed.

Interview Question – Supplier has asked for an increase in prices, how would you determine if such an increase was warranted?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received a better offer elsewhere.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2012.

Interview Details – asked about how to treat difficult and challenging people. how to deal with stress and pressure. example of group work. solve a problem.

Interview Question – whats your weakness   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online after browsing the Home Depot website. I was contacted by email by HR to setup an interview. It was a 30 min phone interview with pretty specific questions based on the position they were looking to fill. All the questions were looking for specific examples of technical experience, especially with SQL.

Interview Question – Describe projects that you have done using Matlab and SAS
Describe experience with SQL
  Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2010.

Interview Details – Typical phone interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. Questions were directly driven from my resume. There was one question about why do I feel I would be a good candidate.

Interview Question – Since the interview was scheduled about 45 minutes prior to the interview, I had very little time to prepare. The interviewer's question on "what is it about Home Depot interests you" was difficult because aside from their retail aspect, I hadn't had time to research the company much.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Home Depot

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

The Home Depot Videos

The Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Home Depot Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Home Depot employees and interview candidates.