The Home Depot Floor Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.1

Floor Associate Interview

Interview

THEY ARE ALL ABOUT CUSTOMET SERVICE. You need to be able to talk to people and really learn the products they offer. Also it will impress them if you are up to speed with there sales and specials for that department at time of interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked if encountered a theft how would i handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Flooring Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Depot in March 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application online, checked all positions, answered online questionnaire. The questions were STAR format (look up and study STAR questions). Shortly after, I received a basic phone interview. The first part was automated, next was with a live person that asked some STAR format, and basic questions. She scheduled me for a live interview. Nice polite phone call.

The interview was with 2 employees in the flooring department. They were also very nice, and asked questions related to my skills and the actual job. The interview was pleasant and informative. I checked back a week later, and they had promoted a current HD employee to Flooring. That's cool that this HD store promotes from within. I'll apply again. The only negative was the low pay. Depending on the position it's between $8 for cashiers and lot attendants, and about $10 to $11 for floor sales help. These are just estimates I gathered from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I would state that "MY" Hiring process was fairly a smooth transition I was let go from Lowe's on 8/13/2012 and I filled out an application to home depot the very same day and 8/20/2012 I did a over the phone interview with them, from there they asked me to come in, In person to do another interview that was scheduled for 8/23/2012. I was then officially hired 8/30/2012. I would state that this was the easiest Hiring and Interview process ever. Which by the way I've applied to Home depot several times in the pass and never recieved a response. I only assume that my previous experience of working with Lowe's is what really help me actually score the Job. Again the interview process was easy with basic interview questions (Examples: diffferent scenerio questions, How would you react or what would you do in certain situations questions when was there a time you went above and beyond weather on a job or in school question and etc. Nothing to hard. But this is my experience someone else's maybe different.

Interview Questions

• In my opinion there were no difficult or unexpected questions. I would say if anyone ever been on an interview before than its like the same basic questions but if its your first interview it still would be easy questions to answer just remember to be relaxed and to really engage into the questions, really take your time and think over your answer before you speak but do not over think it. Keep calm and be confident.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In my experience in was straight forward on the mangement end but, I was not really satisfied with my hourly pay I felt with the experience that I have. I should have been able to keep my same hourly pay from previously but insted I recieved $1 less then my previous salary. I really tried to point out my key points but it was like I could take it or leave it there was no way around it. so I accepted I'd rather have taken the $1 less than to have a minimum wage. I was told that after 90 days I could get a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a sales associate position. About a week later, I received a phone call asking if I would like to come in for an interview. I accepted the interview and went in. I had an interview with the HR rep and was hired on the spot pending the drug test and background check. It took about a week after completing the background check and drug test to begin. Whole process was about 2-3 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

There was an open house were you have to interview with store managers. There was alot of people so the wait time was over an hour. But when you had the interview with manager they made you feel welcomed and very nice.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Tucson, AZ) in March 2010.

Interview

Online form, then contacted by phone, receive and email or call you have been selected for a face to face interview at which ever store has an opening

Negotiation

no a flat rate is told to you at the beginning of the interview. IE this job is for XYZ an all we can offer is $8.25 is that ok?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oneonta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Oneonta, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied online and had to wait a month for a response but as soon as I was in for a face to face interview it went by quickly. Asked about customer service and putting the customer first. Discussed how far I would go to be trained in different jobs around the store. Willingness and ability to work with others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hr manager then the store manager. Basic questions. They ask about customer service, how to respond to upset customers and so on so on so on so on so on so on so on so on so on so on so on so on. You get the idea.

Negotiation

Yes I told them what i expected and they agreeded.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Long Branch, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (West Long Branch, NJ) in July 2009.

Interview

Just one interview and one meeting with the store manager. The traditional interview had very typical questions that any company would ask. A meeting with the store manager was after the interview, and it was just to show what the core values of Home Depot were. I believe they changed the procedure now, so it may be different for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation, they have a set hourly rate for floor associates, and for cashiers.

Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Completed the profile on website. I was called for initial phone interview about a week later. 2 weeks later had face to face interview with assistant manager. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I ivterviewed for one position but was told I would be considered for other positions as well. Offered a different position than I had initially interviewed for via phone call 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• A customer spends 30 minutes discussing a deck he wants to build but doesn't buy anything. What do you since he's taken 30 minutes of your time you could have used with other customers that are making purchases?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked if what I asked for was firm. I stated flexibility and was given close to what I asked for.