The Home Depot

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Garland, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online. Got an automated call the next day. Following the automated call was a phone interview the same day. They just told me about the position and then scheduled an in-store interview for me a few days later. I went in the morning and interviewed with either the assistant or store manager. Dress business casual. Probably the easiest interview I've had. She just read a couple behavioral questions from a packet and asked about my work history. She told me she wanted the department supervisor to interview me before she hired me so I had to come back in the evening. I got there fifteen minutes early and waited over thirty minutes before the supervisor showed up. He told me about the job and what he expected from his workers. I guess he was not impressed with me because I wasn't hired on the spot. The manager and he told me that they were still interviewing other candidates so the entire day was basically a wash.

Interview Question – No trick questions; it's just a standard interview.   Answer Question

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details – Kind of a joke. I was well over-qualified. Don't be nervous. They just ask you how you handled situations in your life.

Reason for Declining – Didn't know I was getting $8/hr

Richmond, VA

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was done with two people asking questions about my experience and then they had other questions that were from the main store for apraising future employees. The questions were reguarding how the interviewed person would handle different situations involving customers, other associates, and managers. They, in my opinion, wanted the person interviewed to realize where the sourse of income was coming from, and how to best deal with the diferent scenarios.

Interview Question – Always a tough one, "how would you go about firing someone, if that was part of your responsibilities?"   Answer Question

Bend, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2009.

Interview Details – 1 interview, not really any tough questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2012.

Interview Details – Good fast process, interviewed by a juior level supervisor who couldn't maintain eye cocntact and had trouble reading the scripted interview questions. Had secnd interview with the store manager who was much better and much more knowledgeable. Hired on the spot and tokk drug test. Awaiting results of background check.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker   Answer Question
  • Role play: I am looking to build a dog house, can you help me?   View Answer

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!