The Home Depot

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.2

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Freight Team Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Basic interview questions with scenarios like explain a time you had to work as a team to accomplish a conman goal? A time a customer wanted a product that you didn't have, Interview seemed very easy. Haven't heard back yet

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in October 2014.

First the man looked at me crazy acted as if he was intimidated by me than started asking me questions like have I ever worked freight before and all this extra BS it was very un professional not informative at all.

Interview Questions
    • Then he asked if I was homosexual and I said I don't understand what that has to do with the interview I'm not gay. Then he asked me if this is my only job.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Phone interview from corporate for about 15 minutes. 1st in-person interview with HR rep around 20 minutes with basic questions. 2nd in-person interview with assistant store manager similar to first interview. Received offer a few days later. Process took roughly 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a time you had to deal with a person with a complaint?
      Tell of a time you were praised for doing great work?
      How would you deal with an angry customer?

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

A phone interview first, then an in-store interview. A drug test afterwards and finally a group meeting and testing. Very straight forward and nothing too difficult. The employers were friendly and very useful when you need help.

Interview Questions
    • None. There were no real surprises from any of the interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

I submitted an online application, got a phone screen ~3 days later during which i scheduled the in person interview. It was pretty simple. Went back to the HR office for a 1 on 1, roughly 10 min interview. Pretty basic questions about education, skills, experience. Then i was instructed to take a drug test. Took about 4 days for the test results to make it from the testing center to the store and I was hired!

Freight Team Associate Interview

I arrived ten minutes before the scheduled time and the woman in charge of hiring escorted me to an office in the back of the store. The interview consisted of answering some fairly standard questions she read off a form and then filling in my responses.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty straightforward questions, nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Initial interview by phone was basically script-read and to confirm interest and set up first face-to-face interview. Face-to-face questions seemed a bit more in depth than needed for a part time job unloading trucks and stocking shelves but would definitely weed out casual applicants and help in the team building concept.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were the "describe the time you ...." type of questions regarding projects, deadlines, and teamwork.   Answer Question

Found another part-time job in the meantime.

Freight Team Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

General interview questions. Nothing too difficult. Received a phone interview with generic questions. Was then called in to a 1 on 1 interview with manager. After that was brought in to sign paper work and computer training.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked on a project that required you to manage your time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randallstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randallstown, MD

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Got a recorded telephone interview about 2 weeks after I applied. It asked me to answer one question about schedule flexibility. I agreed and Then it transferred me to a real person.

She told me the position was for Freight Associate, a position I did not apply for. $8.50/hr. Told me the requirements for it and all. Once I said I was interested she told me the date for the in person interview.

Which was today, 1:30pm. Got there at 1:10pm in which I asked went to the customer service and asked, where did I have to go. Guy at the customer service desk points me across the store somewhere.. After 5 minutes in which people were too busy with their personal conversations, to at least walk me find the office. I found it myself. This store was dead not busy at all.

I got to the HR office about 1:15-1:20, still 10 minutes early. HR office is empty, Okay I'm early. Apparently I'm the only interview today so whatever....1:30 she's not there. ok maybe she's just getting a drink.

Waited, Waited, Waited 1:45 still nothing, 1:50 at least an employee offers to let me sit in the employee room.. 1:55 comes and goes, 2:00 someone claims they saw her walking towards her car and driving off 20 minutes ago......REALLY? I waited another 5 min, but I was pissed off at this point . Still nothing. 2:10...So I waited in this store 40-50 minutes. Nothing.

After this experience just in the interview process I can see how Home depot probably treats their employees. Disorganization.. I would hate to see how a daily work life is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2014.

Online Employment, Telephone Pre-Screen before face to face Interview, Face To Face Interview with ASM. It's pretty much typical corporate interview process. The f2f part was fairly relaxed. The ASM had questions on how you would deal with customers in certain situations and also what you could bring to THD as well as what you hoped to get from THD

Interview Questions
    • The ASM (assistant Store Manager) asked how I dealt with a dis-satisfied customer in the past as well as what I had done in the recent past to improve my ability to perform my duties in my current job.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Since I was applying for part time I was told this is where it starts and that's the way it is