The Home Depot

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online you'll get an email stating to expect a call from their hiring center.You can wait for the call to come or just call in yourself with a confirmation code(I called in to make things quicker).After answering a few scheduling questions with an automated operator,you get connected to a live rep to talk more about the job.They ask a few questions such as age,address etc. then set you up with an interview

My interview was done in a back office by the manager and took no more than 15 minutes.He read questions from a sheet and marked down answers as I replied.They were all basic questions about team work and customer service such as "what makes good customer service?" and "describe a time when you had to work in a team for a project and describe the outcome".Afterwards I was given some paperwork to fill out regarding background checks and instructions on where to take my drug test .

Interview Question – None.All very basic,cookie cutter questions you would expect on an interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay started at $8.50 with no negotiation to go higher.I had other offers on the table that were much better

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – They called me

Interview Question – Can you work part time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Here's your pay

Henderson, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2013.

Interview Details – Its a process take aleast 2weeks to hear something

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fayetteville, GA

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and the next day received a call to schedule an interview for the next week. I showed up early and dressed professionally. I ended up having to wait because there was no quiet, unoccupied area for me to have my interview conducted in. The woman I interviewed with was very nice and seemed to be impressed by my answers to her questions. After my interview concluded I was told I would receive notification of the manager's hiring decision after a few days and that if I wasn't I could call and speak with someone. No one ever contacted me or returned my calls. I felt like that whole experience was a waste of my time.

Interview Question – Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Greenfield, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2009.

Interview Details – First you would apply online on their website,then if you meet their qualifications they will call you for an over the phone interview. If you do alright with that they will call you to come in for an instore interview.

Interview Question – When was a time when had to provide customer service to a customer? What did you do?   Answer Question

Cedar City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2012.

Interview Details – They called me and i had a interview online, after that i had an opportunity to go in and have a interview with a person at the home depot that i work at after that i had a drug test. Than i had many classes to take.

Interview Question – The questions were very difficult and it was harder for me to be able to get the job because i was a white male. they wanted to hire a 50 year old women. That made it hard for me to get the job.   Answer Question

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details – *Search company's website for desired positions
*Complete online application
*(If chosen) Complete Telephone Interview
*Arrive to In-Person Interview at least 30 minutes ahead of time
*Dress Professional
*Bringing a resume is optional (the manager did not need it)
*Do research on the position you are applying for so that you can clearly articulate how you would be an asset to the company in this position

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in three years?   View Answer

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!