The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

General Warehouse Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Interview was comprised of several individuals back to back. Make sure you have consistent answers as they are comparing notes between interview to determine if you should be moved to the next level.

Interview Question – Typical questions were asked   Answer Question

Ontario, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied and the called me for an interview. 1 generic interview, another more detailed interview then a quick orientation

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lacey, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2012.

Interview Details – it was pretty easy going and laid back not to hard of an interviewing process

Interview Question – what was a time you had to overcome a project you couldn't work out   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lake Park, GA

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2013.

Interview Details – Did the application online. I received a call weeks after putting my application in, but because it is the spring and it's their peaking season, they are seeking help. I did a phone interview with the headquarters in Atlanta I believe, I guess they liked my answers because they called me back later that evening and scheduled an in person interview with my local distribution center. When I got to the interview it was several people in one room waiting to be interviewed. They had multiple supervisors and department managers doing the interviews. I had 2 one on one interviews. The first were just 6 basic, past work related interview questions. The second was I guess her trying to get more of a personal background on me. She asked me questions about my college career, my future, and asked me if I understood the job, the pay level and work shifts. The first person that interviewed me said I had passed my interview and gave me a few pointers on what would give me an advantage and how to succeed on my next. After my first interview he also took me on a tour of the property. Besides a few of my answers, I felt good about the interview overall. The last person that interviewed me said that I would be receiving a call back. This was a few days ago so I'm getting really nervous, hoping they're really going to call back. If not I'm going to call them this week and do a follow up. They do a good job making you feel comfortable and every one there seemed nice.

Interview Question – What are some skills that you feel could help you in this position that you are applying for?   Answer Question

Monroe, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2010.

Interview Details – After I first received a call from the HR department where they explained the general job duties, step pay program, hours etc. I was in for an interview about 3 days later. When I arrived for the interview I signed in and waited around half an hour to be greeted by an interviewer. After being greeted by an operations manager I was taken into an office, and re-explained what was already explained to me in the phone portion of the interview by the HR department. As well as asked about my previous job, such as job duties etc. to see if my experiences there tied into the work done at the RDC. After that process which lasted about 20 minutes I was taken back out out to the lobby and told someone else would be with me shortly. After sitting there for around 45 minutes an assistant general manager came out and took me into another office where he offered me the job in a conversation that lasted around 3 minutes. He told me they were out of job offer packets and I would receive a call within the next few days and have to come back in to sign the job offer. Yet on the way out we were stopped by the HR manager that took me into his office and took me through the whole process I was told I'd have to come in to complete. At the end he gave me a date to come in to start my orientation. Two weeks later I started my orientation. I was told I would be there 9:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday-Friday. In reality I wasn't there passed 1:00 pm a single day, it consisted of redundant videos that I would later be told to more or less forget the content of, and long periods of sitting around waiting for an assistant GM or operations manager to come in for a presentation on certain topics. Which more often than not a supervisor was thrown in as a replacement when it was obvious they weren't prepared/expecting to have to do this. Or simply being told the day would end early because they weren't available to speak to us. It was a very disorganized redundant process that could of been cut down to two days. A lot of the information I was given also turned out to be wrong ranging from how time off request work to when I would receive raises. Everyone that answered question were on a different page as their peers and none of them seemed very confident in the answers they were able to provide.

Interview Question – In what ways do you live the values Home Depot as a company live by?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unless you are applying for a leadership role there isn't any negotiating to be done. They have a step pay program that gives you a set raise after 6 months and a year on the job. They operate under a 1st and 2nd shift, though there is talks of changing 2nd to 3rd. They place the majority of new hires on 2nd shift and 1st shift positions are given to 2nd shift employees based on seniority as they open up.

General Warehouse Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2012.

Interview Details – There were over 600 people being interviewed that day, for seasonal warehouse for a variety of positions.

Applied online. Received phone call, had an automated phone interview, then with a live person, then scheduled interview. Arrived at the warehouse, filled out some paperwork, viewed a video presentation then did 1:1 interview. Pretty standard questions about related experience. Waited a few days and received a letter of rejection.

I should have scheduled earlier in the day, at the time I interviewed the interviewers didn't seem interested at all, especially mine.

Interview Questions

General Warehouse Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through their website for a new facility. Here I took the standard online tests that took about 20 minutes. After completing that, you were notified if you were wanted for an interview, a little impersonal. In the interview, it was a mass hiring event that featured two seperate one on one interviews then a group meeting with the GM. After that, the job was offered and the drug test and background screening were performed.

Interview Question – How in the past have you handled a conflict at your workplace.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation for me, as I had no experience.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!