The Home Depot General Warehouse Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.2

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online. Got phone call interview week later and scheduled in person interview for week after that. Still waiting for the in person. Was given a date and I was able to choose the time from a 4 hour window.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Westfield, MA).

Interview

Very relaxed. Went in there on my first interview and talked to a floor supervisor. Asked about previous employment mainly, and your reasons for leaving. Then he brought me to someone higher up, cracked one joke and showed a smile. Immediately was offered the position.

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online and was called up a few weeks later. Basically, you go through an automatic system over the phone before being connected to a call center. Then, someone in a monotonous tone describes the position to you and makes sure you're still interested. Next, basic background questions are asked. Later on, they finally get to when you would actually need to be available for the job. I applied for a part-time position, though the hours I needed to be available still didn't fit with my schedule so the interview pretty much ended there for me. All in all, none of that was a big deal. But then I applied to another position and later got a call, yet it was for this position again. I went through the process again out of curiosity, yet the times I needed to be available didn't change. At a later point I was called up for a third time and was really hoping it was for the other position I applied to, but nope. It was for the Warehouse position again and I tried to explain my predicament to the person on the other end of the line but they just said "... so you're not interested in this position?", despite me having asked about the other position I applied to among other things. Frustrated, I just told the person "no" and was then led to a survey I didn't bother with. So basically, it's been a hassle trying to apply for Home Depot. I didn't even mention all the issues I ran into when applying online. Two of the three people I spoke to from their call center were just unpleasant to talk to and I didn't like that they mention availability so far into the interview. It's all just been a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get past the basic phone interview, so I have no idea what would be asked in the real interview.   Answer Question

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online and it took so long for anyone to get back to me I had forgotten about it. Once I was interviewed it was a relaxed conversational interview.

Interview Questions

• How did I fee about micro management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, they tell you what they will pay. You accept it or you won't get hired.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Two people were there on the process asking questions back and forth, first one would ask something then the other would and they would discuss other questions together as well ... it was held in the back break room and lasted about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Problem or difficulty or problem you had and how it was solved   Answer Question

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

Interview

I was emailed and told to call a number to be interviewed for the position over the phone. After that I was invited to do a face to face interview at the warehouse a day after the first face to face interview I was called bad to do another face to face and was told to wait 2 weeks to hear back about training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview was comprised of several individuals back to back. Make sure you have consistent answers as they are comparing notes between interview to determine if you should be moved to the next level.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Park, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lake Park, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Did the application online. I received a call weeks after putting my application in, but because it is the spring and it's their peaking season, they are seeking help. I did a phone interview with the headquarters in Atlanta I believe, I guess they liked my answers because they called me back later that evening and scheduled an in person interview with my local distribution center. When I got to the interview it was several people in one room waiting to be interviewed. They had multiple supervisors and department managers doing the interviews. I had 2 one on one interviews. The first were just 6 basic, past work related interview questions. The second was I guess her trying to get more of a personal background on me. She asked me questions about my college career, my future, and asked me if I understood the job, the pay level and work shifts. The first person that interviewed me said I had passed my interview and gave me a few pointers on what would give me an advantage and how to succeed on my next. After my first interview he also took me on a tour of the property. Besides a few of my answers, I felt good about the interview overall. The last person that interviewed me said that I would be receiving a call back. This was a few days ago so I'm getting really nervous, hoping they're really going to call back. If not I'm going to call them this week and do a follow up. They do a good job making you feel comfortable and every one there seemed nice.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills that you feel could help you in this position that you are applying for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lacey, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

it was pretty easy going and laid back not to hard of an interviewing process

Interview Questions

• what was a time you had to overcome a project you couldn't work out   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ontario, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied and the called me for an interview. 1 generic interview, another more detailed interview then a quick orientation