The Home Depot Head Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.3

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Casual, brief the average retail interview process. Was hired same day as my second interview. Similar to any retail job. Had maybe one or two perks above but not much.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I had to handle a difficult situation between a customer/co-worker.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Dunwoody, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy interview they ask a lot of questions about my customer service experience and how would I handle an angry customer the also ask me to tell them about a time I had to deal with a difficult customet

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot (Lexington, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After a week I received a call for a phone interview for initial screening, I guess I passed since they invited me for a Face-to-Face interview. I received emails as a reminders. I went to the customer service area and they directed me to go to the employee lounge. There I met the interviewer, She's nice and very friendly which makes me comfortable. The interview questions are easy.

Interview Questions

• As the last person to associate with the customers, what will you do?
      How will you handle an angry customer?
      Tell me a time when u go above and beyond customer service.
      Tell me a time when u need to be quick and accurate.
      Why did u choose to apply at home depot.

Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The Manager might have been one of the nicest people I have come across in my life. The Manager personally took time out, to call the hiring manager for my interview. He even put in a good word for me before the interview. Great staff and very easy to relate with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer?   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Interview

There were two interviews, a phone interview and an in person interview. Both were very basic and asked simple what would you do scenarios. They also asked "Give me a time when..." questions. Such as, "Give me a time when you had conflict with a friend or co-worker, and what did you do to resolve it?" Another question was, "Was is good customer service to you?". The Home Depot is trying to be the #1 customer service retailer in the world. You will see it in every training video. If you show that you are ALL about customer service, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions are the, "Give me a time when...", because you have to quickly think of a time. We all have many examples but the hard part is thinking of them. Doing this before will help a lot. One of them was, "Give me a time when you did something above what you were asked to do".   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Aspen Hill, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called asked to come in then the interview process lasted around an hour. It comprised of a few basic questions. after all in all they informed me that i would have to take a drug test within 48 hours of the interview. Once that was complete i was hired and told to show up for training it was 2 weeks of a computerized training program.

Head Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied in person, talked with manager, was sent for a drug test and stared right away.

Interview Questions

• All questions were relative to my work experience and straight forward.   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Dearborn Heights, MI).

Interview

The interview process so far was about 3 weeks. However, I didn't get a call until about 3 weeks after I applied. I got the phone interview first. After the phone interview the staffing rep said there wasn't any slots open for store interview yet but she gave me a con number and told me to call everyday to check for open slots. I could never find an open slot after calling for about a week so I stopped. about 3 weeks later I got an email that they tried to contact me and to call and schedule an app for interview. I went in for the interview the end of that same week and the assistant manager said he would be calling a week from now to schedule an interview with the store manager. Will update after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would like least about this job?   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I was first called from a staffing center not associated with my local Home Depot. They told me what position I was being interviewed for with a brief description then asked me if I had any questions. The questions were very generic, asking about a time when I worked with a group, what experience has prepared for me the position, ect.
    After I answered all the questions they offered me an in-store interview on the spot. I was sent an e-mail that had the date and time of my interview and I was instructed to print it out and bring it with me on the day of my interview.
    For the in store interview I was asked questions more specifically related to the position such as my leadership experience in previous jobs and how I would handle different customer situations (such as a customer being angry and yelling about their experience). At the end of the interview, my interviewer told me that they had to interview at least 3 people before offering the position to anyone and since I was first it may be a few weeks. Approximately 2-3 weeks later I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Received a phone call to come in for an interview. Had no idea what position I was interviewing for until 10 minutes into the interview. Was asked what hours I could work and "what do you do if" questions. For example, what do you do if you have to work with someone you don't care for. What do you do with rude customers....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was "here's what it pays", take it or leave it.