The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview is very straight forward and takes about 20 minutes or less. They ask you a lot of questions about your experience dealing with customers as well as to identify your strength and weaknesses. Following the interview, if they offer you a position the process takes two weeks. They will send you to take the drug test and once the results come back they will call you back in to complete paperwork and get started with training. Training is a lot of computer work, so be prepared to stare at a screen for a long time.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question

Boerne, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2010.

Interview Details – They will call you and do a phone interview with a few questions. The first interview is really easy because it's basic questions and you never have to meet this person. The second interview is with a department supervisor, and the third interview is with the store manager. They aren't hard questions you just have to make conversation and don't seem nervous.

Interview Question – What's something that you lack?   Answer Question

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details – Generally with store manager. Be yourself.

Interview Question – Nothing really.   Answer Question

Home Depot Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – I went for an interview last week and was interviewed by a lady first, than she told me that Iwas going to be interviewed by two other people. That me more nervous but I was determined to get the job.The second ladty who was suppose to interview me wasn't there so I went straight to the third guy who was the boss. Now it wasn't that intimidating when two other people were watching the interview (sarcasm), but I got threw it and got it on the spot. After that, the Associate Support Department Supervisor, took me into this room to sign some papers, and to tell me about doing a drug test and told me to call next week and if he doesn't answer leave a vm. Next day I went to do the drug test, then called him this week and he hasn't called me back or anything. I know I passed my drug test and my background is clear. So I'm gonna have to play the waiting game I guess...

Interview Question – Why shouldwwe hire you over 50 otherapplicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Home Depot Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2013.

Interview Details – Easy. The interview on the phone was basic questions. What would you do in certain situations, etc.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Take it or leave it attitude. I accepted but left 2 months later. Not a good place to work. Certainly can't make a career out of it.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and a couple of days later I got a Email stating that they wanted to ask me some questions. I called right away the Rep asked like 4 basic experience questions. At the end of the phone call she offered me an in person Job Interview. I went the Interview a week and a half later. I was interviewed by the HR Manager, she asked me like 4 basic customer service questions. Got offered a part time job right after took the drug test right after now im just waiting for my schedule.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was that I had to be Flexible on the weekends if not I was not going to get hired.

Waynesboro, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2012.

Interview Details – asked about prior experiences with customer service. You will be asked if you are interviewing to be a cashier "What is a way you can positively effect a customers experience as a cashier"

Interview Question – I was choked up when the operations manager asked me what my 5 year plan was.   Answer Question

Austell, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2013.

Interview Details – i was called back for an interview in less than a month after applying. i was asked pretty simple questions such as "what words describe me best". the interview was no longer than 15 minutes. they told me they would call me back in about a week, it was actually two weeks

Interview Question – "what do you think you would hate about this job"   Answer Question

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email to call for a phone interview a week later. Passed the phone interview and got a one on one interview the following Friday. Hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What would be your least favorite thing to do everyday being a cashier and your favorite?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none, just asked what kind of hours i would like to work.

Tulsa, OK

I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple and easy. There were no hard or difficult questions nor were they complex. After you have finished answering a few questions, they will then move you on to management for a on spot second interview depending on if you passed the first set of interview questions. After you meet with the manager for the second interview, if you are offered the job you should proceed on to the drug test stage.

Interview Question – What do you suggest Home Depot change or improve on?   Answer Question

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!