The Home Depot

Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.0

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Home Depot Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Met with the assistant manager for the first Interview and was 6 simple scenario interview questions like, "describe a time when you had to do a task both quickly and accurately." And "why do you want to work for the Home Depot?" Was scheduled a second interview with the store manager about a week later.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Home Depot Cashier Interview

You MUST use the Online Application do not call anyone before applying on homedepot,com, Phone Screening, Instore Interview, Final Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2015.

Applied online in early December, got phone interview middle of December, and just got a call today to go for personal interview. I have been looking for a while to get into home Depot or Lowe's. Both are very good and having experience with carpentry, tools, remodeling, etc. It was the perfect job that fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and did you deal with it?   View Answer
    Haven't gotten that far but will let you know soon

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Generally with store manager. Be yourself.

Home Depot Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I went for an interview last week and was interviewed by a lady first, than she told me that Iwas going to be interviewed by two other people. That me more nervous but I was determined to get the job.The second ladty who was suppose to interview me wasn't there so I went straight to the third guy who was the boss. Now it wasn't that intimidating when two other people were watching the interview (sarcasm), but I got threw it and got it on the spot. After that, the Associate Support Department Supervisor, took me into this room to sign some papers, and to tell me about doing a drug test and told me to call next week and if he doesn't answer leave a vm. Next day I went to do the drug test, then called him this week and he hasn't called me back or anything. I know I passed my drug test and my background is clear. So I'm gonna have to play the waiting game I guess...

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

The interview is very straight forward and takes about 20 minutes or less. They ask you a lot of questions about your experience dealing with customers as well as to identify your strength and weaknesses. Following the interview, if they offer you a position the process takes two weeks. They will send you to take the drug test and once the results come back they will call you back in to complete paperwork and get started with training. Training is a lot of computer work, so be prepared to stare at a screen for a long time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Applied online and got an email to call for a phone interview a week later. Passed the phone interview and got a one on one interview the following Friday. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your least favorite thing to do everyday being a cashier and your favorite?   View Answer
    There was none, just asked what kind of hours i would like to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

I applied online and a couple of days later I got a Email stating that they wanted to ask me some questions. I called right away the Rep asked like 4 basic experience questions. At the end of the phone call she offered me an in person Job Interview. I went the Interview a week and a half later. I was interviewed by the HR Manager, she asked me like 4 basic customer service questions. Got offered a part time job right after took the drug test right after now im just waiting for my schedule.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was that I had to be Flexible on the weekends if not I was not going to get hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2013.

i was called back for an interview in less than a month after applying. i was asked pretty simple questions such as "what words describe me best". the interview was no longer than 15 minutes. they told me they would call me back in about a week, it was actually two weeks

Home Depot Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in May 2013.

Easy. The interview on the phone was basic questions. What would you do in certain situations, etc.

There is no negotiation. Take it or leave it attitude. I accepted but left 2 months later. Not a good place to work. Certainly can't make a career out of it.