The Home Depot Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.4

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Office/Store Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

All hiring steps were pleasant, friendly,welcoming, interested in me, including my former jobs, education, experience and aspirations. Interested in my desires to advance and take addition training. Took into consideration my needs as far as work days and hours. I am very grateful, and pleased to work for a wonderful employer.

resectfull

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

I was 15 minutes early, the manager was very kind and thanked me for being early. He asked me to wait for a few minutes and came and got me at appt. time. There were about 8 straight forward questions, which I answered that were common sense in regards tp dealing with the company.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the hardest thing to deal with during a shift   View Answer
    I asked for what I thought they were hiring for, he said he wished he could do it worked on his computer and offered .75 less per hour.

Delivery Puller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

It took 20 minutes to apply online. The next day I received a phone call and had a simple phone interview. I was set up with a face to face interview for the next week, which was quick and easy. I have been asked to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you experienced a problem at work, and explain how you resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Bilingual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

I missed the call, but received a message which inform me to call them back for a phone interview. They inform me about the details of the position I was applying for and to Translate "Do you have A Home Depot credit card?" to Spanish andTell me about you job experience.

Sales Specialist Flooring Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Two interviews asked about my availability and I specified but hey ignored me, they wand everyone to work weekends

No negotiation as cheap as they can get to say $10 to 10.50/hr

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Phone interview then ased question, called back set up in person interview walked around warehouse, called back for second interview walked around warehouse, HR made offer after interview given one day to take drug test after passing took one week and a half to set up orientation oreintation last about one week paid for it though.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you found work the most diffcult.   Answer Question
    easy one two three

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porter, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

The hiring process is relatively simple. You go online and put in an application. They will send you an email letting you know that they have received your application. After reviewing your application they will send you another email letting you know if they're interested, including a number for you to call to have a phone interview. If the phone interview goes well they will immediately let you know the date and time of your in store interview. The in store interview is not very hard and the interviewers are very polite. They decide if they want you to work for them that day and if they do, they send you off for a drug test. After about a week they get your results and call you back if you come back clean. They then set an appointment for you to come in and fill out your paper work, making you an official Home Depot employee. You begin lots of training videos with four or five hour shift for about five days out of the week until you finish all of your videos. The amount of time you spend in the computer room depends on what department you work in.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of questions for examples of situations that you were a great employee who went above and beyond to help the customer get all the help that they need.   Answer Question

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in December 2012.

Apply online and monitor your email or answer the phone. Initially interviewed by the HR associate/manager. Called back a couple days later to interview with the Assistant Store manager. Offered position at entry level salary. Upon completion of background and drug testing got called in to set up training and first 2 weeks schedule.

Interview Questions
    • when selling appliances do you start at the bottom or the top of the price points   View Answer
    didn't try to negotiate as I have never sold appliances before. I plan on negotiating a raise soon as I picked up the job very quickly and now lead in sales. Appliances sell themselves.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2012.

You apply online and then it can take up to almost a month to get a phone interview which you must pass to get and in store interview. They don't tell you on the phone if you have passed or failed the interview and it takes forever, almost a month for me, to get a store call back. If you pass the store interview they will give you information for a drug test and it took them a month to call me back to schedule training and orientation. If you need a job asap DO NOT go for Home Depot, their hire process is very long and you tend to hate it when you get there which waste your time as well.

As far as interview questions go, they ask how you've ever shown great customer services, if you work well when a customer gives you a negative attitude (because they will all day long) and if you give acceptable answers they will hire you. One thing they don't do is discriminate, i do know that much.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question they could probably ask you is why you want to work there, just be truthful. Even if you need extra money, that's a fine answer they just want to know that you'll give proper customer services.   Answer Question
    There isn't much to negotiate, they pay a little above minimum wage which is good enough when you have no retail experience so I took it rather than left it. It's not a job you'd want to be in long term, the environment tends to grate on your nerves after almost a year of working there.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in October 2012.

I had an initial phone interview and then an interview with the specialty manager and then the store manager. The entire process took about two weeks and everyone involved was really nice. They really tried to promote this concept of Success Sharing as an additional means of income that occurs twice a year but the payouts for most associates was $100-200 dollars and by no means justified not paying commissions or a higher hourly pay.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. They asked about my previous work experience in sales and with appliances. They asked how important customer service was and how I would potentially react with an unruly customer. All the basic retail questions.   View Answer
    They offered me $10 dollars an hour and told me they were not allowed to go higher. I knew I didn't plan on staying long even though I told them I wanted to be there and take advantage of promotion opportunities, so I accepted that dollar amount. After being hired I did discover that some specialist hired @ the same time as me were started at $12. Oh well!