The Home Depot Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.4

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked questions I expected, having worked in the field before. How would I handle a situation, what would I say to a customer if... what would I do if... What are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, I felt no pressure, I was comfortable and the interviewer was very professional.

Interview Questions

• How you assist a customer who wanted an item we did not have in stock or no longer carried.   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The people I interviewed with were very good at putting me at ease and made me feel comfortable. We made small talk to then got to the interview questions. Behavioral interview questions, which were direct and easy to understand. I hate interviews but this process was actually enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief. I interviewed with in store HR on a Tuesday and Thursday I interviewed with the night time manager. The first interview was very generic. The second was more about the job. Both interviews were short and very general. The first interview was made up of personality questions about problem solving, while the second interview (conducted at night) was about the job requirements and the working environment. I would say they were very professional and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you confronted a problem and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

applied on line . had interview on phone . he told me I will have interview in the store . I went in at 9 am . interviewer was late for more than half hour . he asked me too many questions and I answered them all , he liked my answers and he told me call Monday and talk to Loretta for another interview , I called the lady and I told her about interview . she said oh he did not select you .

Interview Questions

• tell me about your job experience .   1 Answer

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

They asked me a few questions about people's management. It was an overall 30 minutes interview. All the questions were framed to answer the experience I had till now . Before the interview I was taken into the facility and was explained what happens on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you had a conflict with your team member and how you handled it   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied, was interviewed by someone in Atlanta via phone, and was then called in for an in-store interview. The phone-based one was very straightforward about if I would be okay with flexible hours, etc. The in-store one was perfunctory - I passed by not wearing a T-shirt to the interview.

Interview Questions

• "What Department would you like to work in?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, that'd require talking to someone in Atlanta, GA.

Bilingual Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

First, you receive an email asking you to call for a phone interview with basic questions like What made you apply? What skills do you have to offer? Why should they hire you? Then follows a person to person interview. I was interviewed twice by the person that does the hiring and then by the manager. They ask you for retail experience, what would you do to give customers a good experience at home depot etc. They are all about customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since the very beginning, they ask you for your availability, and refer to your salary.

Office/Store Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot (Alvin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

All hiring steps were pleasant, friendly,welcoming, interested in me, including my former jobs, education, experience and aspirations. Interested in my desires to advance and take addition training. Took into consideration my needs as far as work days and hours. I am very grateful, and pleased to work for a wonderful employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

resectfull

Part Time Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

went to a recruit meeting..and was hired on the spot. and they gave me drug test paper and to go and get asap. so I did. and started withing a week. and let them know ahead of time of a vacation i already had planned prior to starting work and they worked with me. just be upfront.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on why would you like to work with Home Depot? if you speak a second language always helps. flexible hours. they prefer people that would work weekends.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (South Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was 15 minutes early, the manager was very kind and thanked me for being early. He asked me to wait for a few minutes and came and got me at appt. time. There were about 8 straight forward questions, which I answered that were common sense in regards tp dealing with the company.

Interview Questions

• What would be the hardest thing to deal with during a shift   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for what I thought they were hiring for, he said he wished he could do it worked on his computer and offered .75 less per hour.