The Home Depot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Porter, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is relatively simple. You go online and put in an application. They will send you an email letting you know that they have received your application. After reviewing your application they will send you another email letting you know if they're interested, including a number for you to call to have a phone interview. If the phone interview goes well they will immediately let you know the date and time of your in store interview. The in store interview is not very hard and the interviewers are very polite. They decide if they want you to work for them that day and if they do, they send you off for a drug test. After about a week they get your results and call you back if you come back clean. They then set an appointment for you to come in and fill out your paper work, making you an official Home Depot employee. You begin lots of training videos with four or five hour shift for about five days out of the week until you finish all of your videos. The amount of time you spend in the computer room depends on what department you work in.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of questions for examples of situations that you were a great employee who went above and beyond to help the customer get all the help that they need.   Answer Question

Delivery Puller Interview

Delivery Puller
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details – It took 20 minutes to apply online. The next day I received a phone call and had a simple phone interview. I was set up with a face to face interview for the next week, which was quick and easy. I have been asked to come in for a second interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time you experienced a problem at work, and explain how you resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
Houston, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview then ased question, called back set up in person interview walked around warehouse, called back for second interview walked around warehouse, HR made offer after interview given one day to take drug test after passing took one week and a half to set up orientation oreintation last about one week paid for it though.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you found work the most diffcult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy one two three

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Specialist Flooring Department Interview

Sales Specialist Flooring Department
Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Two interviews asked about my availability and I specified but hey ignored me, they wand everyone to work weekends

Interview Question – Why cant you work evey weekend>   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as cheap as they can get to say $10 to 10.50/hr

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Bellaire, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was in steps, a call, an interview, drg and criminal background checks; if one was invited for a second interview, that person filled out hire papers at 2nd discussion.

Interview Question – The interview concentrated on customer service; there were no unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The job was temporary part-time and therefore paid higher.

Very Easy Interview

Tool Rental Associate Interview

Tool Rental Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2011.

Interview Details – Its really not that bad. You meet up with an assistant manager and they ask you some pretty generic questions about your background and skills. The majority of the concern is that you will show up for work and do what you are supposed to do.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Rosenberg, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2009.

Interview Details – ok...its not like you are being hired for a doctor position, or executive

Interview Question – simple, where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Appliance Sales Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview and then an interview with the specialty manager and then the store manager. The entire process took about two weeks and everyone involved was really nice. They really tried to promote this concept of Success Sharing as an additional means of income that occurs twice a year but the payouts for most associates was $100-200 dollars and by no means justified not paying commissions or a higher hourly pay.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. They asked about my previous work experience in sales and with appliances. They asked how important customer service was and how I would potentially react with an unruly customer. All the basic retail questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me $10 dollars an hour and told me they were not allowed to go higher. I knew I didn't plan on staying long even though I told them I wanted to be there and take advantage of promotion opportunities, so I accepted that dollar amount. After being hired I did discover that some specialist hired @ the same time as me were started at $12. Oh well!

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2012.

Interview Details – You apply online and then it can take up to almost a month to get a phone interview which you must pass to get and in store interview. They don't tell you on the phone if you have passed or failed the interview and it takes forever, almost a month for me, to get a store call back. If you pass the store interview they will give you information for a drug test and it took them a month to call me back to schedule training and orientation. If you need a job asap DO NOT go for Home Depot, their hire process is very long and you tend to hate it when you get there which waste your time as well.

As far as interview questions go, they ask how you've ever shown great customer services, if you work well when a customer gives you a negative attitude (because they will all day long) and if you give acceptable answers they will hire you. One thing they don't do is discriminate, i do know that much.

Interview Question – The most difficult question they could probably ask you is why you want to work there, just be truthful. Even if you need extra money, that's a fine answer they just want to know that you'll give proper customer services.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't much to negotiate, they pay a little above minimum wage which is good enough when you have no retail experience so I took it rather than left it. It's not a job you'd want to be in long term, the environment tends to grate on your nerves after almost a year of working there.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Highlands, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2012.

Interview Details – filled out online app, then did a phone interview, then went in store for inperson interview, was hired on the spot

Interview Question – none they were pretty easy all about customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation they have set salaries for each position

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

The Home Depot Videos

The Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Home Depot interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Home Depot employees and interview candidates.