The Home Depot

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2014.

Two short phone screenings and a Skype interview. It was very brief and not too technical. The interviewers wanted to get an idea of my background and experience so they asked questions related to past experience. I had the impression that I would be developing, but it was more of a support role in which I would not be programming.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too out of the ordinary. Fairly basic questions such as explain some of the points made on your resume and Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

The job sounded too similar to what I was doing and I felt as though I wouldn't be advancing.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2013.

I was referred by an employee who sent my email and résumé to a THD recruiter. She called me, inquired about my needs, and set up a phone interview with a future teammate. That future teammate called soon after, asking basic questions about the languages I would be using and how to apply basic concepts.

I was asked to come on site, and attended a 3 person panel interview. Most of the questions were easy, and my future manager was mostly just telling me how life would be like at THD. I was taken down to the lobby and told my salary would be no problem.

I received an offer, however the position I was interviewing for was a senior position. My manager thought I was more fit for an IT Developer 2 position, so he created a new position for the team for me. I was told to wait 2 weeks before I could get confirmation that I had the job because of a company policy regarding a new position.

After two weeks, I got my offer letter and accepted the job.

No negotiation.

IT Developer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I had an overall good experience in the entire process. I was initially contacted for a phone interview for an assessment of my technical skills. For the phone interview, I met with a lead and a senior developer. The interview went pretty well. About a week later I got a call back for an in person interview. The in person interview was with the Project manager and another manager. This was more of a general interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you encountered a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Distance from home was too far, Out of pocket cost of benefits was much higher than that of my current position, Limited PTO.