The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015
2,164 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I applied and got called for an interview like 3 weeks after the interview went ok. But the lady that interviewed me seemed very distracted, I kinda had a feeling i wouldn't get hired because my availability wasn't all that great

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you a question and you didn't know the answer   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

After filling out a lengthy application online I was called for an interview. I went in and waited in the breakroom area for my turn. When I walked into the room there were two people sitting behind tables. One guy was interviewing someone behind me while a lady was conducting my interview. There were the usual interview questions but also questions about experience in home improvement and there was also some role play involved in it. It was a fairly simple interview.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in and wants to build a dog house, how do you walk them through the process of getting the supplies they will need?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Christiansburg, VA).

Interview

Application was all online. I received an email within a week saying that I would receive a call or could call for an over-the-phone interview. After the phone interview I was automatically scheduled for an in-person interview within the same week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer complaining about a product or service received?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that qualifies you for the position?   Answer Question
    • How would you assist a customer about a product or service you had no knowledge of?   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Interview

Professional and direct. I can definitely appreciate the fact that they know what they are looking for. Quick follow up with my application and quick to return phone calls as well.

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL).

Interview

i applied online and got a call back in about 2 weeks, i went in for an interview and go hired on the spot. the interview was about 40 mins and very easy.

Interview Questions

• what would you do to improve cashiers sales   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gahanna, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Gahanna, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy with the usual "describe a time when" questions. The interviewer was respectful and laid back. Took a tour around the facility and the interviewer explained everything I needed to know. Took a drug test and background check and was on my way out!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision that affected the outcome of more than one person?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everything was pretty straight forward, usually hourly pay is non negotiable anyway.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth and easy. After applying, I received a phone call within two days. From there, went in for an interview. There were about nine people all applying for various positions. After conversing a little bit, one by one we were called in the human resources office. From there, I was hired on the spot. I started training within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years within the company?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Filled out the application on line for all the stores in my area. Got an email the next day for a phone interview. Called the number in the email answered the automated system questions. Then it transferred me to a live person who described the job and asked a few additional questions. While still on the phone she set up a face to face interview. Went in waited an hour for the interview. Told them i was looking for part time work after my full time job. I have over 10 yrs and customer service so i think that helped.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being the last point of contact for a customer   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you didnt know something that a customer asked   Answer Question
    • How you handle a Customer that was upset about a service product or experience with another Associate   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. $9.00 they were looking to rebuild their front end in that store.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very lengthy and repetitive. Went through various interviews at different levels. All questions were standard and situational. THD did not deviate from the questionnaire. All interviews were professional and kept to a time limit.