The Home Depot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Special Services Associate Interview

Special Services Associate
Selma, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview Details – Showed up to store and was sent to the back office for interview. Questions where asked such as - what is your previous job experience, how could you bring value to our business, how many years of customer service have you gone through, do you like to ask many questions when you're new in a company, etc...

Interview Question – Describe a time when you turned a complete horrible experience of a customer with the store into a great one before they left.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 9.50 - I would definitely say I had multiple years of cashiering and customer service exp. - the more, the higher your pay will most likely start off.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

Interview Details – They had me do a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. I didn't get hired, but they continually called me for a phone interview for 6 months. They interview They have terrible hiring practices. They were hiring for just 90 day incriminates so they don't have to pay benefits. My interviewer impressed upon me that it would not be likely to be hired on beyond 90 days that very few people do. It was over a year ago and I really hope that they have changed their hiring practices.

Interview Question – It was all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Contacted for interview after submitting application online. Two interviews were conducted with positive results. I felt valued and welcomed with the experience I had to offer. Position was accepted.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – originally, I applied for merchandizing position online. They called me a few days after and after a phone interview, they invited me for an actual interview at the store. I met the merchandizing team leader, cool guy, we talked for some time, he showed me what exactly merchandizing means since i didn't have experience with this type of job. Than he found out about my experience as store associate and dealing with customers. The questions were pretty common, nothing specific and nothing tricky. Remember, the main focus is customers and safety! The interview was close to an hour.

Later the same day he called me and asked me to go and apply online for cashier position and than call a different person and schedule an interview. I did that and the next day I was there for another interview with a different manager. This one was more customer service oriented and again nothing stressful or tricky, talked about my previous experience and than got scheduled for a second interview the next day. The next day I met, i think, the store manager, he was a little too serious but still nice. This is where I got offered a position and talked about salary. I was asked to go take drug test and than we were gonna talk about start day.

The questions were really pretty common for retail jobs. The focus is, as I said - customers and safety! Remember customers always come first, whatever you are doing and they come and ask for help and interrupt, you just smile and help with whatever you can. Do not ever make customer feel bad and worry about your personal problems or whatever could be stressing you at that moment. They should be getting as positive experience at the store as possible. And the other focus - safety! Learn and know the safety rules and follow them without exception!

Interview Question – What would you do if you get frustrated with a customer?   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Garden Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Very Corporate. They ask a lot of questions and they're just read to you by other associates. It's not too intimidating other than they often hire in bulk so you sit in a room with a bunch of people waiting to be called in for you interview. They're not very good with scheduling.

Interview Question – Example of something overcome   Answer Question

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Hardware Sales Associate

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details – Initial phone call, then an interview, then a job, the interviewer was very good, she offered different possibilities, listened to what i wanted and made the effort to accommodate me, has continued in that strain. It was a very easy and comfortable interview.

Interview Question – Thinking back, i don't think the interviewer had any difficult or technical questions, I imagine those questions are geared towards the higher positions such as supervisor and mgmt. positions. It seems for the position I applied for if you're sincere they're interested   Answer Question

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Hardware Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, filled out a 30-45 minute questionnaire about general knowledge and skills for home improvement. Got a call back for an interview, met with one of the ASM's that was in her last week at the store. Was a simple interview that went well, although i never directly interviewed with the store manager, I hear most employees do.

Interview Question – None stood out as too difficult or unexpected to remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Mentioned i had years of customer experience and much familiarity with tools and handiwork already. She kinda casually brushed it off and said that was already considered.

Garden Associate Interview

Garden Associate
Kapolei, HI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Took about a week for interview, I called an kept checking up on app till she told me to come in and meet her. This was in Hawaii 7 years ago. Sat down with a group of 20 or more people(they dont do this anymore) Answered basic questions just had fun with it,tell your name what position you applied for,now a days home depot will take anyone right off the street for a job, loved my job working in garden ,switched around company from state to state department to department learning every end of the store.got hired on the spot, and started about 3 days later after urine test and background went through.USE to be a great company.

Interview Question – none really,really basic questions. what is your greatest weakness...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Its hawaii no negotiation 10.50 to start .50 raises a year for 2 years up until company went to crap, you will get lucky if you get .15 raises a year now.

Order Puller Interview

Order Puller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Everything was pretty straightforward after the phone interview. As long as you're competent and quick learning, there's no reason why you wouldn't get the job. The managers seemed to be ok with hiring anyone, age wise, if they could demostrate that they could learn the skills they would need for the job.

Interview Question – All the question were pretty standard compared to other job interviews   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – I received a phone interview first, then I was asked to sign up for an in store interview. I was not able to attend the store interview right then, but I attended it as soon as possible. The man who interviewed me was very nice and seemed respectful. I left there feeling good about the interview but I could not start work right away being out of state so I did not receive a call back.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!