The Home Depot Interview Questions

2.3

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I think it's a phone interview first from an individual from Atlanta corporate office, then an in person interview with the asset protection manager. Store HR called me after the offer to stop a time to complete paper work, and drug screening appointment

Interview Questions
    • What's the best method to prevent theft at a retail store?   View Answer

Home Depot Cashier Part Time Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a phone call couple days after i applied online. Phone interview was first, where they ask if you are still interested in the position. Then the set up a face to face interview at the store. There, the interview was very easy. Asked simple questions. They said welcome aboard. Then i had to fill out this information card on the computer. The hiring lady gave me papers to take to Quest diagnostic for a drug test. About a week after that i got a call for orientation.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Phone interview from corporate after sending in resume; got the call 3 days after applying online but this can take much longer; interview at store with specific manager related to where you applied (ie: specialty manager for Appliances); final interview with Store manager who makes final decision about job offer

Interview Questions
    • Typical; mostly relating to experience; customer service, sales, and people skills; problem solving and resolution. "Role playing" type questions were the worse/most awkward   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

You get a call for a phone interview if you don't pick up they send you a email saying they missed you and send you all the info you need to complete the phone interview. If you pass it they later send you another email letting you know when your in-person interview will be at. Pretty simple just prepare in advance review normal interview questions so you can sound confident.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

Specialty Sales Associate Vauxhall, NJ Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview process was very easy, arrived there early at 2:45pm. My interview was at 3, I was called in 17min after 3. 2 department managers interviewed me at first that interview took about 10min, then waited a second and the store manager interviewed me, reviewed the basic interview questions with me and made me an offer of $10.50 for the garden sales associate. Did the drug screen the next day and I'm still waiting on them to call me, might take 2 week's.

Interview Questions
    • What skills can you bring to us at home depot that you already have?
       Tell me a time how you reacted to a rude customer and what was the outcome.

View Answer
    Asked what am I expecting to get paid and i said the minimum wage which is 8.35 now, the manager told me to never under sale myself, so then he offered me 10.50 an hour and it's part-time.

Data Analyst Interview

3- phone
    3- in-person

Took about 1 month to get on boarded. Applied on-line and got a call 8 months later. 3 phone interviews, and 3 in-person. Got to sit down with the VP of the department.

Get familiar with their values wheel.

Simple

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interesting that the first interviewer was a computer. I was then transfered to a person who asked me more questions. She then set me up with an in person interview. Wish me luck, I go into the store for my in person interview this coming Tuesday.

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Well if the manager could talk correctly and not mumble maybe just maybe the interview would have gone better but I had to keep asking what to every question .. few days latter they called with a job offer I declined no way would I work for that nonsense

Anything Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fuquay-Varina, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fuquay-Varina, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2015.

I was basically told I wasn't going to be hired for the positions in paint or flooring that I had interviewed for. I was told I was being offered the position of "Project Specialist". A TOTALLY different kind of job then I was looking to get, but yet they only offered me $10/hr, which is much better than the $8.50/hr I make as a part time cashier.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2015.

phone interview very informal but complete. all questions answered fully. thorough in explaining the job duties and expectations. very good potential for bonuses on top of commission.no ceiling on commission, reasonable closing percentage per leads. great hours of operation, very in-depth training program. very good company to work for.