The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015
2,037 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Niagara Falls, NY).

Interview

The interview was great. My interviewer was extremely nice & down to earth. Felt more so like I was talking to a friend & not an interviewer. The interview was about an half an hour & I was told that she really liked me & that she would love to see me as apart of their team!

Interview Questions

• Name an experience where you had to think quickly on your feet to fix a situation. I'm waiting on my second interview!   Answer Question

Kitchen Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted for a phone screening three weeks later. Followed up by yet another phone screening and then three yes three face to face interviews. The first with HR then the department head/manager and finally the store manager. Then I never heard from them again. No email thanking me for my time but they had found a better candidate. Nor did they return my call when I followed up with them. I must admit I was rather disappointed with their actions. This was a six week process and then not to respond was in my eyes was poor business practice.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I received a phone call to come in and interview with the regional manager at the time. The regional manager was very professional. The interview was your typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How does your job experience correlate with the position that you applied for?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

1st interview with the assistant manager asking about your previous experience related to the company, customer service skills, how do you sell certain product to the customer and 2nd interview with co-store manger

Interview Questions

• What do you sell to the customer who wants to purchase a new kitchen countertop?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

The process is pretty quick. You apply online under the careers tab on the website. They called quickly and set up a face to face interview. It's pretty informal. They usually start you off entry level and you have opportunity to advance from there.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was relaxed and thorough, the usual questions were asked about previous job history and how you could apply previous experience to this job. The office space we did the interview in was big enough to be comfortable but not over-bearing.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience benefit this position?   1 Answer

Interview

Everything done on line than electronically by phone. If you pass the electronic phone interview than you get rewarded with being able to answer questions from a human who is obviously reading from a computer.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work overnights? Do you have a reliable car?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work for $10.50/hr?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Very simple. Two people in the room with you like a panel interview, both asked questions. The interviewers were very nice and answered my questions. They explained the position in detail. After, I interviewed with HR manager same day, and another manager. I am waiting for a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a disgruntled customer or co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The interview take place in the store face to face interview with human resources manager or assistant manager i don't remember for sure who is that lady is some kinda menagerie