The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
1,497 Interview Reviews

2.3

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very straight forward. I applied online and a few weeks later got a phone call. I answered some background checks administered by a computer. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. This interview was also very straight forward. Alot of the questions asked were similar to the ones people have posted on here. Review this site and you will do fine.

Assistant Manager Interview

The first interview I had was with HR. The second interview was with the store manager of te store i wanted to work at. It took about five days for them to make a choice. Once they made a choice I was called to come in and they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was structured preview questions that most jobs ask. You can use scenarios from your previous job to help answer the questions.   Answer Question
    Yes you are able to negotiate. The more experience the more you can ask for.

Lot Associate Interview

Applied online - got an interview within a couple weeks (after speaking with someone from a call center over the phone), interviewed with the HR manager, smooth and easy interview, got a call a few days later to interview with the store manager (ended up meeting with an assistant manager), interview was a little more difficult, but not impossible. Lot's of talk about customer service so be ready for it! Got hired on the spot.

Can't negotiate

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I feel the interview process to be a part time sales associate to be a bit overkill for such a low wage job: personality tests. phone interview test questions, personality test (which seem creepy and questionable). in person interview seemed normal though they could have specified in the ad that you HAVE to work on the weekend.

Interview Questions
    essentially "take it or leave it"

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

-First Round Phone Interview
    -Super Day
    -2 behaviorals & 1 case (about profit margin for private brand paint)
    -Supposed to be a longer super day with a group interview, but it got cancelled due to the snow in Atlanta

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Complete an on-line application and an e-mail response with your interview date, time, and place. The interview was scheduled for 30 mintues with 4-5 interviewers (Office Managers and District Manager) and 3 applicants. Each applicant received 1 question from each interviewer and it may be a repeat question. The questions were situational, like (1) Have you ever had a communication problem? if so, how did you solve it?.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your past work experiences.
      There was no negotiation. I would advise others to take the position to be able to gain the necessary skills and experience to either move up within the company or to move on to other companies.
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Online application was followed by a call from a central employment office (based in Georgia I think). Asked questions about my work experience, qualifications, etc. Then scheduled an interview at the store I'd applied to. Dress was business casual, Met with a manager, entire interview took about 20 minutes, I was offered the job and handed paperwork to go take a drug test. About a week later, I hadn't heard anything about starting so I called and got put on the schedule for the next week.

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Did online application and got email 2 weeks later telling me I will receive a call. Phone interview was 3 questions and then I was scheduled for an in person interview. The manager interviewing me asked questions mostly about past experiences- not too difficult. Just make sure to prepare. After, they extended me a job offer and gave me drug test form to fill out. It took 3 weeks until they called to schedule an orientation. Overall positive experience. Don't panic if you don't hear from them for several weeks, it usually takes them awhile to call you back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge that you faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I filled out the paper work to be hired, the within a week or two I was called in for an interview. The interview was over with quite quickly. Very few questions were asked. Then I was told I had been hired. From there I was put into a room to watch a brief video.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Flooring and Walls Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Online application. Phone interview then set up in store interview with hr . About 1.5 weeks later got a call back for a second interview which was just signing paper and consent for drug test and background check. Took those results w where in within a week then was called to start training.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations but the pay was okay and you get benefit s one you go full time.