The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
1,508 Interview Reviews

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

The first interview I had was with HR. The second interview was with the store manager of te store i wanted to work at. It took about five days for them to make a choice. Once they made a choice I was called to come in and they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was structured preview questions that most jobs ask. You can use scenarios from your previous job to help answer the questions.   Answer Question
    Yes you are able to negotiate. The more experience the more you can ask for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA

very easy applied on line then had a over the phone interview after scheduled a face to face then drug test after had to wait almost two weeks to get a call to begin

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

sent an email to access the automative interview then set me up an in person interview. I was hired on the spot went through 3 interviews in one day. The. Last two interviews were repetitive of the first one just with different people. Asjed questions about guving good customer service abd being a team player.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to go over abd beyond for the company?   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Sales Associate Interview

Applied on line, around a month later headed back. Did an on the phone interview with some one from GA and was asked questions about my experience, how I reacted to difficult coustomers. Then got a call for an In person interview with a manager... Same questions. Then went over times of avilibility

None

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very straight forward. I applied online and a few weeks later got a phone call. I answered some background checks administered by a computer. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. This interview was also very straight forward. Alot of the questions asked were similar to the ones people have posted on here. Review this site and you will do fine.

Store Associate Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I completed an online application with all of the standard questions like, "What hours are you available?" and "Are you able to work weekends?" You also select what departments you would like to be considered for and which stores in your area you would want to work. About a week later I received a phone call about an opening in the Plumbing Dept. at one of the stores that I chose. I went for an in person interview. The store manager and the head plumbing associate conducted the interview. They asked several behavioral type questions and the a few plumbing related questions. They then thanked me for coming in and said that they had one more person to interview and that someone would call me either way to tell me if I got the job or not. eended up hiring

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific example where you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

I was already working as a kitchen designer when I was promoted to this position. I was hired as a part-time kitchen designer, I enjoyed it but this position was full time, so I applied. I don't know how it would have been externally.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when..... get ready, there are many of those.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Lot Associate Interview

Applied online - got an interview within a couple weeks (after speaking with someone from a call center over the phone), interviewed with the HR manager, smooth and easy interview, got a call a few days later to interview with the store manager (ended up meeting with an assistant manager), interview was a little more difficult, but not impossible. Lot's of talk about customer service so be ready for it! Got hired on the spot.

Can't negotiate

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I feel the interview process to be a part time sales associate to be a bit overkill for such a low wage job: personality tests. phone interview test questions, personality test (which seem creepy and questionable). in person interview seemed normal though they could have specified in the ad that you HAVE to work on the weekend.

Interview Questions
    essentially "take it or leave it"

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Complete an on-line application and an e-mail response with your interview date, time, and place. The interview was scheduled for 30 mintues with 4-5 interviewers (Office Managers and District Manager) and 3 applicants. Each applicant received 1 question from each interviewer and it may be a repeat question. The questions were situational, like (1) Have you ever had a communication problem? if so, how did you solve it?.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your past work experiences.
      There was no negotiation. I would advise others to take the position to be able to gain the necessary skills and experience to either move up within the company or to move on to other companies.
        Answer Question