The Home Depot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Desk Interview

Service Desk
Sterling, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – You will have to fill out an application online for the position you are interested in. This will include a resume, career history, personality test, etc. Next, the corporate office will call you to schedule an interview with the Home Depot in which you applied. The interview is straight forward they ask you questions rating your customer service and sales skills and record your answer.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you acted as a leader within a group   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Area Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2010.

Interview Details – Just situational questions that talk about how you handle certain situations. When looking at the questions you need to just stay positive. Overall the interview was not hard if you had experience in management in the past.

Interview Question – About conflicts while at work. Keep it positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate pay. They offered more than I made at my current job.

Very Difficult Interview

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Asset Protection Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – I've applied online several times and my applications have never made it through the system (I know several managers that have checked for my applications). I finally was called for a phone screen about a month after my last application. The phone screen was simple questions about experience and availability. From the phone screen, they asked me to schedule an interview with the Asset Protection Manager. It turns out the AP manager and I were coming from the same employer, but when she was there, my position was not directly involved in shoplifter apprehensions and now is. She appeared to not believe me that I had any shoplifter experience despite the three years I had listed on my application and kept trying to catch me in a lie. As I continued to answer her trick questions correctly, she appeared to become more and more frustrated. She even asked me, "since you claim you have apprehension experience, what are the five steps to apprehend a shoplifter?" I thought she was kidding at first since that is the first thing you learn in LP, but I answered. There were also eight situation questions. By the end, it seemed like I was wasting her time, even though I have several years of experience. I thought it was quite unprofessional to question me on their experience when I was answering all of the questions correctly and she could just call my employer to verify.

Interview Question – What are the five steps to apprehend a shoplifter?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Stapleton, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was simple, fill out an online application, answer a few basic questions on a phone interview. They will set up a meeting with an HR supervisor at the store or at a different store for a hiring fair. Questions we not difficult. They like if you dress business casual. Do not show up late. Use this time to discuss salary and get it as high as possible, raises do not come often and you work your butt off.

Interview Question – What would you do if you could not answer a customers question?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details – Initial Phone call from Corporate Human Resource, followed up by a interview with the store manager and possibly Human Resource, Back ground and drug test, Begin a 6 week training program at Corporate home office. Then Detailed training at your base store. Must learn computer processes and alarms, all operational procedures.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time, that you have failed, what did you learn from it, and how would you prevent it from reoccurring.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview Details – Process started with automated phone questions which anyone could answer. Then I was transfered to a live person who asked me several more questions. I was told after answering the questions that I had passed that portion of the interview process. Then that live person scheduled a face to face interview at the local Home Depot store. Face to face interview at store was with a woman who seemed like she could care less about me, the interview, or her job. The interviewer did no make eye contact with me, she seemed distracted, and was unprofessional. She gave me very little information and did not explain to me the purpose for, or the reason why, she was requesting certain information from me. The interview lasted about ten minutes. Two weeks passed and I got a call from the lady who interviewed me requesting that I provide a state I.D. in order for them to run a background check. I was asked at that time if I was still interested in a position at Home Depot. I was told that the position I applied for was no longer available but they were considering me for other positions but did not tell me which ones.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After face to face interview at the store I decided that it was not a work environment that I wanted to be a part of.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Interview was the same as any other retail interview. I was asked a series of questions. the questions were more scenario type of questions such as what would you do and name a time. they just read from there booklet and didn't look up. I applied for the position and received a callback for the interview about a week later. after the interview I was called back for the manager to interview. in the second interview I was only asked 2 questions. what days am I available to work and why do I want to work for the company. I was then offered the position and pay rate.

Interview Question – name a project you were given and how did you accomplish it? name a time where you had to create a project and no one believed the vision you had, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Taylor, MI

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with cashier manager and store manager. It was typical, casual, professional. After the interview, I was called back in to get my apron and learn how to clock in. Given a tour and introduction meeting with a video about the company and its culture.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, just the way things are.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Freight Team Associate
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application, got a phone screen ~3 days later during which i scheduled the in person interview. It was pretty simple. Went back to the HR office for a 1 on 1, roughly 10 min interview. Pretty basic questions about education, skills, experience. Then i was instructed to take a drug test. Took about 4 days for the test results to make it from the testing center to the store and I was hired!

Interview Question – Really weren't any difficult/unexpected questions   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Alton, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

Interview Details – Short phone interview, In person interview, and drug screening directly after...very slow to call though...very slow to get me in for initial training...then you spend a couple weeks doing "Rapid Web Based Training" Depending on your position you might have more or less training to do. Aside from that it was just paperwork and waiting three weeks for the drug screening results

Interview Question – None...All of the questions were simple and easy, Like If you were in this situation what would you do, Is stealing okay, or Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with this or that   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation possible just take it or leave it at 8.35

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!