The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
1,489 Interview Reviews

2.3

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very straight forward. I applied online and a few weeks later got a phone call. I answered some background checks administered by a computer. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. This interview was also very straight forward. Alot of the questions asked were similar to the ones people have posted on here. Review this site and you will do fine.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I feel the interview process to be a part time sales associate to be a bit overkill for such a low wage job: personality tests. phone interview test questions, personality test (which seem creepy and questionable). in person interview seemed normal though they could have specified in the ad that you HAVE to work on the weekend.

Interview Questions
    essentially "take it or leave it"

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

-First Round Phone Interview
    -Super Day
    -2 behaviorals & 1 case (about profit margin for private brand paint)
    -Supposed to be a longer super day with a group interview, but it got cancelled due to the snow in Atlanta

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Complete an on-line application and an e-mail response with your interview date, time, and place. The interview was scheduled for 30 mintues with 4-5 interviewers (Office Managers and District Manager) and 3 applicants. Each applicant received 1 question from each interviewer and it may be a repeat question. The questions were situational, like (1) Have you ever had a communication problem? if so, how did you solve it?.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your past work experiences.
      There was no negotiation. I would advise others to take the position to be able to gain the necessary skills and experience to either move up within the company or to move on to other companies.
        Answer Question

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Did online application and got email 2 weeks later telling me I will receive a call. Phone interview was 3 questions and then I was scheduled for an in person interview. The manager interviewing me asked questions mostly about past experiences- not too difficult. Just make sure to prepare. After, they extended me a job offer and gave me drug test form to fill out. It took 3 weeks until they called to schedule an orientation. Overall positive experience. Don't panic if you don't hear from them for several weeks, it usually takes them awhile to call you back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge that you faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I filled out the paper work to be hired, the within a week or two I was called in for an interview. The interview was over with quite quickly. Very few questions were asked. Then I was told I had been hired. From there I was put into a room to watch a brief video.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Flooring and Walls Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Online application. Phone interview then set up in store interview with hr . About 1.5 weeks later got a call back for a second interview which was just signing paper and consent for drug test and background check. Took those results w where in within a week then was called to start training.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations but the pay was okay and you get benefit s one you go full time.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Online application was followed by a call from a central employment office (based in Georgia I think). Asked questions about my work experience, qualifications, etc. Then scheduled an interview at the store I'd applied to. Dress was business casual, Met with a manager, entire interview took about 20 minutes, I was offered the job and handed paperwork to go take a drug test. About a week later, I hadn't heard anything about starting so I called and got put on the schedule for the next week.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in October 2014.

First the man looked at me crazy acted as if he was intimidated by me than started asking me questions like have I ever worked freight before and all this extra BS it was very un professional not informative at all.

Interview Questions
    • Then he asked if I was homosexual and I said I don't understand what that has to do with the interview I'm not gay. Then he asked me if this is my only job.   View Answer

MET Team Interview

Ask you a lot of questions based on scenarios, if you've taken the test on the website, be prepared to take it again in person. It wasn't too bad but I didn't even know what to wear and came in business clothes and really could have just worn jeans and a t-shirt. Some of the management is nice, others not so much.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about certain areas in the store and how you might handle a situation, if you have no experience in hardware, PPE or anything else like that you won't have a clue how to answer the questions.   Answer Question