The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
1,454 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

filled out app online, had to answer personality and what would you do questions, after I passed they called me for interview, and made in offer after two weeks. I had to take a drug test

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

The application process was rather quick, around a week or so I got a call from HR to do a phone screening and got scheduled to meet with the hiring manager for an initial interview the following week. Upon meeting with the hiring manager I got asked typical question such as What do you know about Home Depot, Why do you want to work here, and my personal goals. Introduction questions aside, the manager then proceeded to ask me questions off the STAR packet. I will admit that I was not prepared for this so I stumbled upon answering on the spot. It seems they grade you based on how you answer, every time I hesitated or repeated myself he would make marks on the packet. After 5 questions or so I was dismissed, and was told I would get a call in 2 days or so if I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I got asked where based off the STAR format. So, be prepared and be ready to mention scenarios either from school, volunteer work or past employment.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

The HR was an hour and a half late for my interview, claiming she did not remember we even had one. She was not prepared at all, and told me she was hungover from the night before. She called all the managers and no one wanted to interview me. I was there for over 3 hours and I got the job right after the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of situational question and past experience with customer service.   Answer Question

Lot Attendant/Loader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

I filled out an online application and was later contacted by a automated phone system to see if I was still interested. Later connected with a person who scheduled an interview. Actual interview lasted 20 mins with questions about possible scenarios about other employees an customer problems. Interviewer reviewed job details, company opportunities, training, sales incentives, etc.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2013.

I completed the application online, the process took two, got a call for a phone interview and then I scheduled an interview. Went to the interview, spoke with the Front End Supervisor, interview took 25 minutes, asked a series of questions and got offered the job on the spot and I accepted the offer. Home Depot are always in need of cashiers and they pay well starting off.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult question, just scenario questions.   Answer Question
    If you are in need of a job, take the offer.

Customer Service Associate Interview

It is a joke. They have you answer a ton of questions and then they have a stupid third party company call and drill you a little before you can even talk to anyone at the store location that you applied.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2010.

i took three interviews,first was 1 on 1 then a skills test then with mananger.he proceded with offer and position the had avaliable.he was very profecional explained what i had to do.the next three weeks was training in the store,safety cust service product knolege ect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Was recently looking for a part time seasonal job, and applied to HD. The online component was straight forward, although it seemed a bit tedious (bunch of situational questions). The phone interview was simple too. They scheduled an in-person interview, but after reading a few negative reviews about the work environment, I decided to forego the interview. In hindsight, it probably would have been good to just practice interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview, I was asked to describe a time when I worked with colleagues in a team/cooperative setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2011.

Apply on web site with a personality test and if approved you will recieve a personal phone call from HR. If that goes well you will be asked to come-in for a person interview.

Interview Questions
    • The standard retail interview. The big question is how did you handle a difficult situation in the past.   Answer Question
    Not much room if you have little or no experience

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anderson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2014.

Online Employment, Telephone Pre-Screen before face to face Interview, Face To Face Interview with ASM. It's pretty much typical corporate interview process. The f2f part was fairly relaxed. The ASM had questions on how you would deal with customers in certain situations and also what you could bring to THD as well as what you hoped to get from THD

Interview Questions
    • The ASM (assistant Store Manager) asked how I dealt with a dis-satisfied customer in the past as well as what I had done in the recent past to improve my ability to perform my duties in my current job.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Since I was applying for part time I was told this is where it starts and that's the way it is

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!