The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
1,365 candidate interviews

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an automated call about 2 weeks later. The automated call asked different questions: are you willing to provide a service within the standards of The Home Depot, are you willing to work part time?.... Then I was transferred to someone from HR. Was asked usual questions: Tell me about a time when you solved a problem at work...were you the one in charge or part of the team, what was the outcome?. Then was given a date for the face to face interview.

Interview Question – In the online application I stated I could speak another language. Was asked to translate a sentence.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was offered a full time position somewhere else.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview Details – First, I applied online. I received a call over A MONTH after, to my surprise, and was interviewed over the phone, first by an machine and next by a representative, who asked me to 'Discuss a time in which I had to solve a problem or take a lead role in a position. How did you handle it?' and two other similar questions. The representative was impressed enough and set up an in-store interview for me promptly.

Interview Question – They will ask many questions about situations in your previous position. If this is your first job, just discuss times involving school and extra-curriculars that you had to handle something not everyone does.   View Answer

MET Team Interview

MET Team

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – it was not tough, mostly general behavioral questions easy to crack. just be calm. I have no previous work experience but still i was considered for this role. they gave online training for a week and finally put me on the work floor

Interview Question – Explain me a situation where you avoided a serious consequences,   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Head Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was very smooth, nice and friendly, There was some brief questions asked and basically a feel to see if you align with the company, but overall nice. You are interviewed by usually the department head, the assistant manager of that unit and then the store manager. they all are pretty is going but themanager was a little blah. i guess he is more on the business end of things.

Interview Question – I do not think any question was difficult. I idea is to be honest about your skills, identify if you are a people person and move forward from there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but was told about employee evalutions and how that would assist with an employee annual raise.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Palmdale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details – They called me on the phone for a phone screening. There were about 5 questions. The person on the phone seemed like they were tired and had heard a lot of the same answers.

Interview Question – Why you would be a good fit for this job   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got another job

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor
Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview Details – All about excellent customer service !!! Answer with as many details as possible it helps trust me don't come looking like a slob. Don't be late! Think before you answer and have the most open schedule available as possible including weekends this is a must!

Interview Question – How to handle difficult customers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations they tell you what they're offering take it or leave it

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details – after you submit your application online you will then get a telephone interview call, they will ask you a few questions about the job its self, to see if you are a good fit for the position and if you are still interested in the position or not, if you say you are still interested in the job you will then get an appointment set for a face to face interview with the hiring manager at the store where you applied to.

Interview Question – asking you if you know correct names of plants, and tools, and how to use the correct tools properly and correctly and how you would demonstrate the tool.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Abbotsford, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview by someone in Toronto (for a position in Abbotsford BC). A face to face interview and time to fill out forms (i.e. consent for criminal background check) and references. A week later, a second interview with the store manager, which was a very comfortable meet and greet.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Either I accepted $10.75 and hour or I didn't.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Applied online, in about 4 days I was called in for an interview, they asked basic questions about the type of person I was, and such. After the interview they said that I had to go for a drug test that day. You can't reschedule. I got the job the next day after the drug screen.

Interview Question – Asked about the founders of the company. I researched before hand but I forgot the names towards the middle of the interview. The interviewer was nice about it and said I learn them pretty quick while working there.   Answer Question

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Part-Time Cashier
Claymont, DE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. I submitted a battery of online psychological and other tests. It maybe took a week before I received a call from a centralized HR staffing center. I went in for the interview. Except for the fact that the interviewer read from a list of interview questions, I was impressed with him.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating at Home Depot. It's their way or the highway.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!