The Home Depot Interview Questions

1,960 Interview Reviews

2.3

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

First interview was with a mechanical voice, then someone from Atlanta. After passing those you interview with an assistant store manager then the store manager. I had not had an interview in many many years so the mechanical voice was a bit strange for me. The assistant store manager was awesome and I like him to this day :)

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer that is in a hurry when you are with a current customer?   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Oxford, MS) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick; they asked general interview questions just get a feel for who you are. After the interview, they take you on a tour to show what your job consists of.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to deal with unexpected change   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (North Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by HR and specialty manager. Was told I didnt have to do packdown by specialty manager but in reality not true and manager denies saying it. Now I get written up for not doing packdown. Backstabbed and lyed to. Rehires get less per hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with aggressive customers?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interviewed with the front end supervisor and assistant manager. So it was a one day process and got hired that day. Next I had to take a drug test and get a background check. Once that came in you do orientation for Home Depot and then do computer training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an unruly customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Danvers, MA).

Interview

Interviewed with ASM first, on her recommendation, interviewed and hired by SM. This all happened after applying online in January then getting called in April. I was also given a telephone interview and was first offered a position in freight. Frankly, however, I have a college degree and this position was a "bridge" job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Told what I'd be paid ($0.25 less than younger hires).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antelope, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Antelope, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

it probably took about 15 minutes. the interviewer asked me about my previous work experience. She was originally going to put me as a "Lot Attendant", which is the lowest spot on the totem pole, but I let her know that I had worked registers before and felt very confident in my ability to be a cashier, so she put me as cashier, which at the time was$.75 more per hour.

Interview Questions

• about previous work experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Bangor, ME) in May 2015.

Interview

After filling out the online application and taking the questionnaire, I was called for a brief phone interview. I then was interviewed by the store AM where I was only asked a few questions. I was sent for a drug test and told I would hear back after results of test as well as a background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was very happy to be offered a job at Home Depot so it never dawned on me to try to negotiate anything.

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North East Junction, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (North East Junction, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Simple scripted questions. Met with the HR Manager who has the questions, and then Assistant Manager. They asked which department I wanted to work. They offered me the position on the spot. They were both down to earth people.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a difficult customer you had to deal with? and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Portsmouth, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Got an email about a phone interview from HR. Did the phone interview, 3-4 questions, 10 min tops, questions about your availability, how you worked as a team in a recent job experience, what your experience was and how it could be relevant to the position you were applying for. So I passed that and was scheduled for an in person interview at my local store a few days later. Interviewed with I guess the assistant manager and was asked behavioral questions and why I wanted to work at Home Depot. My best advice is to really put together a nice answer for why you want to work there. Include a short story on how home improvement is relevant to your life, how Home Depot has contributed to that in various ways to why you like that company best and lastly ways in which you hope to contribute towards their success. After that first interview I was scheduled for another one the next day with the head manager. At that one, he pretty much asked me why Home Depot again and what I hoped to get out of working there. I was hired in the spot :) it helps to come in with a good attitude and to have mad enthusiasm while you answer your questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot?
      If your dealing with a difficult customer what would you do?
      If a product is out of stock in the store and a customer wants it what would you tell them?
      What do you hope to get out of working at Home Depot?

Answer Question

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

They were very nice in the interview and made me think that I was going to get the interview. Turns out that they never even got back to me. Finally after a year, I was notified that I was not selected to move onto the next round. Not a big deal, I found a better job anyways with their competition.