The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015
2,041 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I received a phone call to come in and interview with the regional manager at the time. The regional manager was very professional. The interview was your typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How does your job experience correlate with the position that you applied for?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Southfield, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a position in Southfield and received a phone call to set up a phone interview two days later. The phone interview was conducted by someone out of state. After answering a couple of questions, I was scheduled for a face to face interview at the Southfield location.

Interview Questions

• Please describe an instance when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Kitchen Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted for a phone screening three weeks later. Followed up by yet another phone screening and then three yes three face to face interviews. The first with HR then the department head/manager and finally the store manager. Then I never heard from them again. No email thanking me for my time but they had found a better candidate. Nor did they return my call when I followed up with them. I must admit I was rather disappointed with their actions. This was a six week process and then not to respond was in my eyes was poor business practice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an in person interview with two people. The interview was average they asked questions about customer service and asked about my experience. The people conducting interviews were friendly and professional. They let me know right away that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you delivered excellent customer service   Answer Question

Plumbing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Bluff, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Red Bluff, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted within a week via phone. I was promptly called in and formally interviewed one-on-one, and then sent out for a drug test immediately after. My resume was considered, but probably not terribly influential in their decision to hire me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle or address problems and questions that I did not have an immediate solution to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Easy, general questions on customer service. Discussing how and why the way people are treated is the most important. Came in Manager asked several questions, felt they were really just checking for competence. As long as you are friendly, are able to describe quality customer service you should be fine.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

1st interview with the assistant manager asking about your previous experience related to the company, customer service skills, how do you sell certain product to the customer and 2nd interview with co-store manger

Interview Questions

• What do you sell to the customer who wants to purchase a new kitchen countertop?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermiston, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Hermiston, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Complete online application Then within 1 -12 weeks from the completion of your submitted application You will receive a phone interview. Next you will be scheduled an in person interview, from the phone interview. Usually within 5-7 business days. Next, if offered position you will be sent for pre employment screening analyses. 5-7 business days Then you will be scheduled, if you pass screening process. For orientation in 5-7 business days Question were the normal: Tell me a time when a person or customer started yelling at you and how did you fix the issues? What were the steps you took?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a person or customer started yelling at you and how did you fix the issues? What were the steps you took?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (East York, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was very easy, I was interviewed by an assistant manager, and she asked the basic questions. She liked me so much that she offered me the job on the spot. Depending on the person, make sure you can make them smile, and hope nothing crazy is happening in the store.

Laborer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2015.

Interview

I've had 1 interview for a job and got the job but quit because of under pay but I'm great with people and I'm a very fast learner I'm always on time and I'm not really experienced but I have experience in landscaping and yard work

Interview Questions

• How many jobs I've had and how much experience I've had   Answer Question