The Home Depot Interview Questions

2,153 Interview Reviews

2.3

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Christiansburg, VA).

Interview

Application was all online. I received an email within a week saying that I would receive a call or could call for an over-the-phone interview. After the phone interview I was automatically scheduled for an in-person interview within the same week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer complaining about a product or service received?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that qualifies you for the position?   Answer Question
    • How would you assist a customer about a product or service you had no knowledge of?   Answer Question

Online Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a multi-interview process that started with a typing test to qualify applicants for the chat representative position. Anyone who didn't the minimum speed requirements moved on to apply for a phone representative position. After meeting the typing requirements, there were three separate individual interviews. After each interview, if it was satisfactory, there was a brief wait in a holding area.

Interview Questions

• How many absences per month are necessary for them to be considered excessive?   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Interview

Professional and direct. I can definitely appreciate the fact that they know what they are looking for. Quick follow up with my application and quick to return phone calls as well.

Outside Sales Exteriors Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bloomfield, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with the sales manager. He was really nice and easy to talk with. He emphasized the arduous schedule and asked if I could manage that with my family. The interview was appropriately free form and I felt he really respected my time. If my circumstances were different, I would loved to have worked for this company and this manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to support yourself and your family for six week on $300 training stipend?   1 Answer

Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2011.

Interview

Asked me a few basic questions. It was a good interview. It was not to long. The interviewer knew what she was talking and gave me some advice to go off of when working there.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth and easy. After applying, I received a phone call within two days. From there, went in for an interview. There were about nine people all applying for various positions. After conversing a little bit, one by one we were called in the human resources office. From there, I was hired on the spot. I started training within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years within the company?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Filled out the application on line for all the stores in my area. Got an email the next day for a phone interview. Called the number in the email answered the automated system questions. Then it transferred me to a live person who described the job and asked a few additional questions. While still on the phone she set up a face to face interview. Went in waited an hour for the interview. Told them i was looking for part time work after my full time job. I have over 10 yrs and customer service so i think that helped.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being the last point of contact for a customer   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you didnt know something that a customer asked   Answer Question
    • How you handle a Customer that was upset about a service product or experience with another Associate   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. $9.00 they were looking to rebuild their front end in that store.

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and stress free. They ask you the typical interview questions then offer you a job, sometimes they'll offer you more than one depending on your experience. Also, you sit in a small room and they go over your resume. I had a supervisor come in and wanted me to work with him immediately.

Special Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porter, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Porter, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and completed position assessment. Two days later I received an email with a follow up phone screen interview from the Atlanta. They asked me behavior questions using previous experience scenarios. After 1st phone interview I received an email within 2-3 days to follow up with on-site interview with HR. HR interview was delayed due to re-scheduling. In person interview was laid back and easy repetitive questions from phone interview including work experience (10 min interview). If your a great candidate they ask question to see where you best fit in. I was interviewing for cashier position and ended up at service desk due to my experience and accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your related work experience? 2. A customer is not happy with the product or service. How did you handle the situation? 3. What are your accomplishments?   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Apply online, call the ASDS to follow up and get a time figured out. Annoy the hell out of him. It was easy, quick, comfortable, and relaxed. Questions are not difficult to answer. Most questions are customer service experience related.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with approaching customers/ meeting the needs of others?   1 Answer
    • If you were with a customer, and another customer interrupted you to ask a quick question, how would you handle that?   1 Answer