The Home Depot

2.3

Pro Account Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

Very professional. Asked a variety of questions to determine compatibility not only for them but also for me. Comfortable setting. Questions designed to share experience, desire to work, and overall capabilities for advancement.

Interview Questions
    • They asked several questions, each one building on the next. Provided good opportunity for me to share my experience and how I could be a great asset to their team.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX
    Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

I applied a few months before and then had to take an online character assessment test. I guess I must have passed it because Home Depot's automated employment center started calling last month. When I called back there were a few easy automated questions and then it sent my call over to a real person. They asked if I would be willing to provide excellent customer service. Of course. They told me the starting wage for the position was $9.00, which I was OK with. Then they stated that the position would require open availability Monday through Sunday.... and I was out. I have a daughter and can not work ANY shift. Not a very flexible part time job.

Interview Questions
    • do you have open availability to work any shift any day?   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

Applied online for a CSA in seasonal lawn & garden. Local store contacted me and set up interview in just 2 days. Two days later went for a short interview. Interviewed with department manager and his manager. They were very very young for being department managers -- only in their mid 20's.

Anyway, I think they had already had someone selected for the position and were just interested to see if I could possibly fit in other open positions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were standard interview questions that you would normally expect.   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2015.

I arrived on time and had to wait in the employee lounge area while my initial interviewer was busy with another task. Approximately 10 minutes later we went into the manager's office where I was interviewed by who I assume to be an Assistant Manager. The interview consisted of a description of the position for which I was interviewing, a review of my work history, and a series of typical interview questions. The rate of pay for this position varies and the reviewer was not at liberty to discuss those figures with me. For that, I had to speak to the Store Manager.

After the pre-interview, I then met with the Store Manager who gave me additional information about the position as well Home Depot and their goals and expectations. She made a point about Home Depot wanting to hire quality people.

Although no formal offer was made, they seemed interested in hiring me but the hours (8 PM to 5:30 AM) were unappealing as was the rate of pay offered ($11 per hour). The entire interview was conducted with an open door except when I was being quoted the rate of pay. For that, we had to close the door as I assume there are current employees making less in the same position.

My advice to Home Depot? If you want to attract quality people, you need to offer quality compensation.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you plan to be in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of an instance where you had to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a request from a customer for a product we do not carry?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a co-worker who was being difficult?   Answer Question

I found the shift offered unappealing.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

Interview process was only two steps, first was a phone call purely behavioral then was the final round at the SSC which consisted of 2 behavioral interviews followed by one very basic finance case about NPV and just making a financial decision.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

I had a series of phone interviews with a bunch of describe a time questions. I had to do an online quantitative assessment and a personality assessment. I was brought in with a group of candidates; all of us were taken into different rooms where we were interviewed by a panel of 3 people. We went over a 2 case studies that we had an hr to read, analyze, and present findings.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you failed; what did you do to recover?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

Came in about 5 minutes early, waited in the staff room for about 15 minutes then the assistant manager called me in. I got asked a few questions, basic questions. All about up selling. She said she wasn't allowed to accept resumes. She was very friendly and nice she said she like my eagerness to learn. She told me the job starts at 10.50/hr. I just got called in for a second interview. So my second interview was more getting my background check and drug test process started.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

The application online required some basic tests. I received a phone screening a few days later. At the end of the screening they set up an interview. The interview was easy and I got hired on the spot. A drug test was required, and once they received they results they called me to set up my training.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

(THIS IS MY FIRST INTERVIEW EVER). I'm new to USA. I applied online. Complete assessment. Got an email 2 days later with a phone call to call (or wait them to call back). I called them then answered automated questions. Then it will transfers you to a phone interview. Then they scheduled me a 1:1 interview at the store. Everybody was nice. I've been told to wait 2 weeks for a call if I get selected.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good candidate?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation where you have to work with a team and what was the outcome
      Describe a situation when you had to work fast & accurately?
      What will you do if a customer asks you a question you don't know?
      What will you do if a rude customer came to you?

Answer Question
    • How will you serve our customers above and beyond?   Answer Question
    • Why do you like to work with us?   Answer Question
    • What do expect the things that makes you happy at home depot at the end of the day?   Answer Question

Overnight Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

1 on 1 interview - filled out questions. Asked about past jobs and qualifications. What are you looking for in this job? Are you willing to work weekends and holidays. Advised this job would require the ability to stand for extended periods of time and be about to lift 50 lbs many times a day.

Interview Questions
    • how would you deal with an rude or upset customer?
      tell me how you would provide excellent customer service?

Answer Question