The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015
2,159 Interview Reviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

After filling out a lengthy application online I was called for an interview. I went in and waited in the breakroom area for my turn. When I walked into the room there were two people sitting behind tables. One guy was interviewing someone behind me while a lady was conducting my interview. There were the usual interview questions but also questions about experience in home improvement and there was also some role play involved in it. It was a fairly simple interview.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in and wants to build a dog house, how do you walk them through the process of getting the supplies they will need?   1 Answer

Flooring Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Norwalk, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Much of it automated initially, well structured, in depth and comprehensive. met with 4 people, including the store manager, during the process. the whole experience was very smooth. questions were to the point, clear and designed to help both the interviewer and candidate evaluate the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Peoria, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Very professional. Asked good pertinent questions. Was a well designed process that allowed me to explain my qualifications and my employment needs. Also gave a very good description of the job openings and the hiring process. Very well done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Christiansburg, VA).

Interview

Application was all online. I received an email within a week saying that I would receive a call or could call for an over-the-phone interview. After the phone interview I was automatically scheduled for an in-person interview within the same week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer complaining about a product or service received?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that qualifies you for the position?   Answer Question
    • How would you assist a customer about a product or service you had no knowledge of?   Answer Question

Online Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a multi-interview process that started with a typing test to qualify applicants for the chat representative position. Anyone who didn't the minimum speed requirements moved on to apply for a phone representative position. After meeting the typing requirements, there were three separate individual interviews. After each interview, if it was satisfactory, there was a brief wait in a holding area.

Interview Questions

• How many absences per month are necessary for them to be considered excessive?   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Interview

Professional and direct. I can definitely appreciate the fact that they know what they are looking for. Quick follow up with my application and quick to return phone calls as well.

Outside Sales Exteriors Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bloomfield, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with the sales manager. He was really nice and easy to talk with. He emphasized the arduous schedule and asked if I could manage that with my family. The interview was appropriately free form and I felt he really respected my time. If my circumstances were different, I would loved to have worked for this company and this manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to support yourself and your family for six week on $300 training stipend?   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL).

Interview

i applied online and got a call back in about 2 weeks, i went in for an interview and go hired on the spot. the interview was about 40 mins and very easy.

Interview Questions

• what would you do to improve cashiers sales   1 Answer

Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2011.

Interview

Asked me a few basic questions. It was a good interview. It was not to long. The interviewer knew what she was talking and gave me some advice to go off of when working there.

Pro Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

met the hr manager. after that met the specialty ASM and then interviewed with the store manager. they were all very professional and seemed very engaged. i thought everyone was nice and seemed smart.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. what was your most important career achievement. how do you deal with stress?   Answer Question