The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
1,493 Interview Reviews

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

The first interview I had was with HR. The second interview was with the store manager of te store i wanted to work at. It took about five days for them to make a choice. Once they made a choice I was called to come in and they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was structured preview questions that most jobs ask. You can use scenarios from your previous job to help answer the questions.   Answer Question
    Yes you are able to negotiate. The more experience the more you can ask for.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Titusville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Titusville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Very straight forward. I applied online and a few weeks later got a phone call but you can get a second phone interview in some cases. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview within a 2 week period time. This interview was also very straight forward questions are based on different customer scenarios. If they believe you have potential to join the team they will send to get a Drug Test once you pass that you are hired on.

Lot Associate Interview

Applied online - got an interview within a couple weeks (after speaking with someone from a call center over the phone), interviewed with the HR manager, smooth and easy interview, got a call a few days later to interview with the store manager (ended up meeting with an assistant manager), interview was a little more difficult, but not impossible. Lot's of talk about customer service so be ready for it! Got hired on the spot.

Can't negotiate

Department Manager In Call Center Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Submitted resume online and got a call for initial screen within 2 weeks; had second interview 2 weeks later; and the third interview with the hiring manager within a week. The process was very easy and very quick. Everyone said I did great, even the hiring manager, which I thought was odd. Never heard another word from them, even after following up... Expected to get at least a rejection email after follow up. But nothing...

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard, they were directed toward managers working in a call center. They centered around CSAT and NPS.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Flooring and Walls Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

After applying you will get an email saying to call a 1800 number. You can either go ahead and call the number or wait for them to call you (usually within 24hours of receiving the email). The person will do a qualifying questionnaire to see if you are a good fit for the job. During the questionnaire if you answer any question with an answer that will disqualify you, they will stop the questionnaire. If you make it all the way through and qualify for the position, they will schedule you for an interview at the store. The interview will be 2-3 days after the call. The in-store interview is 1 on 1 with a member of management. Once completing the interview, if they feel you are qualified, they will give you a drug test form. There are only a handful of doctors they accept for the drug test, and it must be done within 24 hours. The store will also run a background check. Once you pass both the drug test and background check, you will be called to start training for your position. Depending on the position the computer training will take 2-4 days. Then you will start working at your position.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions difficult. It was basic questions, such as, telling them a time you dealt with a difficult customer, a time you went above and beyond for a customer, why you qualify for the position, etc. It only consists of 6 questions.   Answer Question
    I was hired as a lot associate, but managed to move up to a sales associate after the first 6 hours of training. I had a lot of customer service experience prior to working here, so I talked it over with HR and she moved me on up the ladder.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I feel the interview process to be a part time sales associate to be a bit overkill for such a low wage job: personality tests. phone interview test questions, personality test (which seem creepy and questionable). in person interview seemed normal though they could have specified in the ad that you HAVE to work on the weekend.

Interview Questions
    essentially "take it or leave it"

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

A fairly thurough interview working from the material generated from the online aplication. What I did not know was that you got the job you aplied for and only that job. There was no consideration for another position in the store.

Interview Questions
    • The questionsprimairly centered on dealing with people, costomers and fellow employes, giving a situation and expecting you totry to adjust to changes.   Answer Question

Office/Store Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

All hiring steps were pleasant, friendly,welcoming, interested in me, including my former jobs, education, experience and aspirations. Interested in my desires to advance and take addition training. Took into consideration my needs as far as work days and hours. I am very grateful, and pleased to work for a wonderful employer.

resectfull

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very straight forward. I applied online and a few weeks later got a phone call. I answered some background checks administered by a computer. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview. This interview was also very straight forward. Alot of the questions asked were similar to the ones people have posted on here. Review this site and you will do fine.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, MI

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

I got an email saying I would get an over the phone interview and they called later that afternoon, I answered about 5 or so questions and then they scheduled me for a in store interview with a manager. The manager was nice and he asked 6 question off a sheet of paper. He told me I definitely got a second interview and some one would call, which I'm still waiting on.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to use speed and accuracy to complete a task.   Answer Question