The Home Depot

Updated Dec 12, 2014
1,575 Interview Reviews

2.3

Garden Associate Interview

Online hiring. It was pretty easy not difficult at all.

Cashier Interview

I applied online, and I heard back about a month later for a phone interview. 2 days later I got an email to set up my in-person interview. I am hoping that I get the job.

Interview Questions
    • On the phone interview: What was your most difficult time you had at your old job.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Applied online and then got a response to call for phone interview. Passed that and got an in person interview. Still waiting on background and drug test. They ask a lot about customer service and your overall work experience

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult just would you be able to lift heavy things a lot   View Answer

Lot Attendant/Loader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

I filled out an online application and was later contacted by a automated phone system to see if I was still interested. Later connected with a person who scheduled an interview. Actual interview lasted 20 mins with questions about possible scenarios about other employees an customer problems. Interviewer reviewed job details, company opportunities, training, sales incentives, etc.

Head Cashier Interview

There were two interviews, a phone interview and an in person interview. Both were very basic and asked simple what would you do scenarios. They also asked "Give me a time when..." questions. Such as, "Give me a time when you had conflict with a friend or co-worker, and what did you do to resolve it?" Another question was, "Was is good customer service to you?". The Home Depot is trying to be the #1 customer service retailer in the world. You will see it in every training video. If you show that you are ALL about customer service, you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions are the, "Give me a time when...", because you have to quickly think of a time. We all have many examples but the hard part is thinking of them. Doing this before will help a lot. One of them was, "Give me a time when you did something above what you were asked to do".   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Applied to home depot through their internal jobs website through a friend. Got a call in 2 days and had a phone interview for 30 minutes. Got a call next day to set up a in person meeting after 10 days. 1 hr in person meeting with 4 people in total

Offered me more than what I was expecting. So no negotiations.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Contacted for interview after submitting application online. Two interviews were conducted with positive results. I felt valued and welcomed with the experience I had to offer. Position was accepted.

Garden Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very Corporate. They ask a lot of questions and they're just read to you by other associates. It's not too intimidating other than they often hire in bulk so you sit in a room with a bunch of people waiting to be called in for you interview. They're not very good with scheduling.

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Initial phone call, then an interview, then a job, the interviewer was very good, she offered different possibilities, listened to what i wanted and made the effort to accommodate me, has continued in that strain. It was a very easy and comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
    • Thinking back, i don't think the interviewer had any difficult or technical questions, I imagine those questions are geared towards the higher positions such as supervisor and mgmt. positions. It seems for the position I applied for if you're sincere they're interested   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online and got an automated call about 2 weeks later. The automated call asked different questions: are you willing to provide a service within the standards of The Home Depot, are you willing to work part time?.... Then I was transferred to someone from HR. Was asked usual questions: Tell me about a time when you solved a problem at work...were you the one in charge or part of the team, what was the outcome?. Then was given a date for the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • In the online application I stated I could speak another language. Was asked to translate a sentence.   Answer Question

Was offered a full time position somewhere else.