The Home Depot

1,373 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Support Department Supervisor Interview

Associate Support Department Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

Interview Details – Great and respectful, treated with professional and given questions to answer that played to my experience and expertise. I was very impressed with the sincerity of the HR representative that interviewed me and even the telephone interview was very professional

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – had phone interview. called me back for an in person interview.. asked "what would you do if..." questions. Fairly easy interview. Interviewer was very nice, laid back. I dressed business casual

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Manchester, NH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on line. Received a call from Home Depot 3 days later. I was sent a link to take an online test. It took about 30 Minutes. Was called back next day to set up interview. The interview was the same week. The interview was one and half hours long.

Interview Question – Questions where all situation, questions-Tell me a time when you handled a tough situation with an associate.
There was also a role play - handling a customer situation
  View Answer

General Associate Interview

General Associate
Diamond Bar, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was called to come in for an interview. The position that they talked about wasn't what I was looking for. They offered me slightly over minimum wage for an associate position, although I had applied for an experienced one.

Interview Question – What makes you a team player?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was not offered a position that was interesting or what I was looking for.

Cashier Front End Interview

Cashier Front End
Laguna Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview are very straightforward and relatively easy to get through. Just keep in mind that this is TEAM your joining. If you center everything around being a team player. This should be a slam dunk interview for you. Plus, Home Depot is currently on a hiring binge, so, there is no better time to seek employment with this company.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to do something you didn't like and how you dealt with it?
What do you see yourself doing in the next 2-3 years?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is really NO negotiating for salary, especially if you're part time. They do start you at a good wage with the opportunity of earning overtime, time and a half, and double time pay( usually around the holidays)

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from a recruiter within a few days. Interview questions were easy. Tell me about what you do at your current position. Are you aware this is a commission only position.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would handle a unsatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Howell, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2013.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from the employer's central offices. I answered a few preliminary questions then was given a contact for the local outlet. I called the local store and set up an interview date with the HR staff. The experience was very casual and upbeat. I was offered a choice of three different departments that had openings to fill, I selected the one I have remained in for over a year now.

Interview Question – I recall no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online wait 2 to 4 weeks. Phone screen, then set appointment to meet manger at store. At the store I waited 20 minutes before the assistant manager came to get me, he was dealing with an issue with a vendor.

Interview Question – All the questions are designed to figure out how you handle things that could and will come your way if hired. Describe a time, tell me of a time when... Just be honest.... These people have interviewed hundreds of people, if they like how you carry yourself then you have a chance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me 13.00 to start, I asked if we could get 14 and I got it.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call back. She asked me to say a few things in Spanish and then got an interview. The interview was at some job fair type thing and was interviewed by an assistant manager and then with gen manager. They asked scenarios and work history.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were scenarios. how would handle difficult customers, etc.   Answer Question

Hayden, ID

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was straight up. I spoke to two different managers. The questions were all sales related and asked for weaknesses and strengths. I had two separate interviews and was asked similar questions. The store manager asked if I would stay after the economy got better. He was impressed with my skills and resume however he felt I was way over qualified. I stated I would stay a minimum of 6 months to see if I could get a 40 hour a week position. In the end, they hired an 18 year old hoping he would stay for a number of years. I can't blame them. But, it would have been more appropriate had they made a decision after my first interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught a fellow employee stealing? What would you do if you were helping a customer and you saw another customer waiting for help?   View Answer