The Home Depot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Freight Team Associate Interview

Freight Team Associate
Merriam, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty standard for an unskilled labor job. You going in answer the obvious questions about yourself, they make an offer and tell you (if it's not garden season and they really really need help) this is the best we can do for your experience, you accept or decline, and proceed to drug test. The background check did take some time though.

Interview Question – Since it was run of the mill, nothing was really surprising.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was pretty much told take it or leave it and I didn't have work at the time so I did.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Wausau, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2010.

Interview Details – I gave the interviewer a wage number. She said, "That wouldn't be a problem." After working there for two weeks, I got my check and saw that the hourly rate was NOT what we agreed upon.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Standard retail interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unethical. See my comment above.

Senior Logistics Analyst Interview

Senior Logistics Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – The interview process was typical for this type of job. Several logic questions looking to analyze your ability to brainstorm under pressure and provide answers to questions that require deep thought. A strong personality is very important; they want outgoing people working here.

Interview Question – what's your favorite 90s alternative band and why.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lot Associate Interview

Lot Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, ask questions like the normal "What would you do" Are you available for early morning late nights, things of that nature. Once Hired had to take drug test within 2 hours, at CareNow in area. Took 1 Week to receive results, after that I started training.

When I went for interview I felt as if it was weird, i went to Customer service and told them i was there for an interview they said go to the back and stand by the doors someone will let you in... Well I waited and waited and after that i finally asked someone what to do, they said sit here until she calls you.

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate anything

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview took place a year and a half ago so I've got a murky version of what went down. One salient aspect of the process was that no mention was made of compensation. I was not in a position to ask about it as an applicant and the interviewer didn't volunteer the information. The most important advice I can offer is answer the question about availability with "Any and all".

New hires start as part time and if that's what you're looking for, but you want a cushy time slot, change your hours of availability after you get on board. If, however, you hope to go full time take whatever hours they give you and do your best.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor
Thornton, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2010.

Interview Details – It's pretty much a if you're "in" with the management at your store. They know who they will promote before they conduct interviews. I interviewed as a favor to my favorite asst. manager for Front End Supervisor because he had to conduct a certain number of interviews. I didn't even want that position; but I excelled in Customer Service and when I interviewed for Hardware Dept. Supervisor I breezed through it.

Interview Question – If you have worked for the depot long enough and know that you are "empowered' to help customers there are no surprising or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You pretty much should take a 1.60/hr. raise. They can find someone else, every associate is expendable.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Kapolei, HI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – I got hired by asking an employ how they got hired. They said fill out app on line and call and talk to the HR manager and that is what I did. We talked a little on the phone and she set me up for an interview with her. After the interview she called about a week later and had me come in a second time to offer me a position as a cashier, not what I applied for. I took it.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was if I would except the offer she gave me. It was less than half what I used to make.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a take it or leave it. No negotiation but said I could have time to think about it.

Bay Integrity Associate Interview

Bay Integrity Associate
Antioch, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2010.

Interview Details – First I applied online. Then I went in for an interview with a manager. And did the background check and drug test. When I got the job, I had to go through a week of training with a computer. This is the learn the protocol and stuff. That was all.

Interview Question – What was your leadership experience?   Answer Question

Bilingual Lot Attendant Interview

Bilingual Lot Attendant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – The interview was mostly straight forward and not intimidating at all. they'll ask you several basic questions like if you're in good health and stuff like how much can you lift. also they'll kind of quiz you for a Spanish language check or something like that. other than that, the interview was easy.

Interview Question – not that I know of. Lot attendant positions don't really need to know alot of about tools and stuff since you're outside for hours.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Antioch, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online in January 2014
Initial interview with manager on duty: April 2, 2014
Follow up interview with store manager: April 8, 2014
Offered position: May 1, 2014
May 1, 2014 to Present date: Have not been on boarded yet despite my diligence in communication and coordinating with ASDS.