The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015
1,956 Interview Reviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

questions on cust service. two people watching you answer. one dept head and one manager. first phone interview after a week and then face to face. Low pressure, easy to ace if you can put two words together to form a sentence.

Interview Questions

• what would you suggest to a customer buying paint   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email one to two weeks later, asking me to call a number and set up a phone interview. I called their hiring center and was asked some pretty basic retail questions. When that was over, I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the store I would be working in. I went for that interview and was asked pretty much the same questions. They offered me the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you make an impact on customers knowing you are their last point of contact in the store?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to use speed and accuracy in a situation.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Asked questions about how I performed in certain situations regarding leadership roles. Asked how I would I respond in certain situations. Asked about diversity and the community involvement and customer service.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you lead a team of people through a project.   Answer Question

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Westfield, MA).

Interview

Very relaxed. Went in there on my first interview and talked to a floor supervisor. Asked about previous employment mainly, and your reasons for leaving. Then he brought me to someone higher up, cracked one joke and showed a smile. Immediately was offered the position.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview was of average length, about a half hour. The interviewer was super nice and I was totally at ease with her. I was offered a job on the spot contingent on a drug test. I got my result in 3 days or so and had the job! I didn't have to wait around in the dark.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First interview by phone with recruiter; second interview with hiring manager and HR manager; third interview was broken into three consecutive interviews with the hiring manager, HR director and hiring manager's director; final interview with senior director.

Interview Questions

• Home Depot uses a standard interview guide so that all candidates are answering generally the same questions for that particular role and can be easily compared to each other. They will ask questions that pertain to your experience in that specific role, but they often will ask about values-related scenarios. Every question will typically begin with, "tell me a time when . . . "   Answer Question

Front End Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Called phone line and was screened by an agents who asked 3 questions. The hiring process was very long. I waited many weeks before getting any contact after I applied online.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Initially applied online. Received a call from Home Depot. Performed a phone screening interview .then in store interview by first one person then another.Job offer made a few days later contingent on drug test.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with disgruntled person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Flat per hour rate offered.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It wasn't hard at all to be honest if you come there with a positive attitude you must be an idiot not to get the job. I think the process was easy, but the results could differ depending on various management styles.

Flooring Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview was ok they asked a few questions about previous experience etc i was hired on the spot as i had alot of experience just subject to backround check and drugs test

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job   1 Answer