The Home Depot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Freight Team Associate Interview

Freight Team Associate
Warren, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details – A phone interview first, then an in-store interview. A drug test afterwards and finally a group meeting and testing. Very straight forward and nothing too difficult. The employers were friendly and very useful when you need help.

Interview Question – None. There were no real surprises from any of the interviews.   Answer Question

Merchandise Execution Associate Interview

Merchandise Execution Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – as long as you answer with a military persona if you will the basic im a robot yes sir no sir you will be just fine no real in depth questions other then whats required for the job and how you feel you can fulfill their needs,

Interview Question – why I felt they should pick me for the job and why i was worth the salary i ask for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – went very smoothly

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details – it takes about 2 month to hear back after online app, got a recording then appointment set for interview had 2 on diff weeks and was hired on the last one.

Interview Question – What makes you want to work for home depot?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Really there is no negotiating them have a set rate which they pay in each job.

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – I was interviewed 8 years ago but still applies arrive early like 30 mins. interviewing manager or assistant may not be ready. be calm and be through to give examples and explain all your training. The more you are trained to do the more options that they could give you a differnt role with higher pay.

Interview Question – Explain a difficut situation that you dealt with a assocaite and how did you turn it arround to a positive one.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details – I was not convinced when I got hired that i would enjoy this job. I was made to work the over night shift even though I requested. They also pay overtime which is not what its expected to be. I just think that they are an ok company to work for. But, you will just be stuck in sales associate which covers anything the upper management wants you to do.

Interview Question – wh do you want to work for Home Depot   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2011.

Interview Details – It was based on my long application from online, with questions on my experience level and ability to multi task. It felt more like a personal conversation then one for a job. I felt my going to college was not something they would work with I had to adjust my schedule to accommodate the job. Was not good

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – show practical experience in the interview was not expected , but easy to do. Very common interview questions like why you want to work for us even after having a college degree.

Interview Question – doing demo for helping in the store   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Two interviews. Hired at second interview. The process at that time was fast. You applied and were contacted in a week for an interview with an assistant manger. Then I was interviewed by HR. Both went well. I was contacted by phone that I had the job and within 10 days was contacted to come for orientation which lasted two days. Was sent for drug screening and signed papers for background check prior to hire.

Interview Question – Typical questions. Tell me about yourself. Strengths/weaknesses. Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Applied and was interviewed as an outside candidate for a management position. Passed the process and elected to remain near home, accepted a DS position. Entered into the FAST TRACK promo at store 256. Under this program you work a few months in each department to learn HD's processes and be more ready for your leadership role.

Interview Question – Would you be interested in a management position in another city?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I met with the store Manager whom was pretty tough, but we came to an agreement of compensation and expectation I would be in a Management position in this market, as soon as my Fast Track Training was completed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details – Most questions for hourly associates are specific to customer service. Generally interviewees have no experience of the industry and this is okay. As long as you have customer service skills, Home Depot will hire you.

Interview Question – Questions regarding parts of the business, which new associates generally know nothing about. If you've never worked in construction or a related retailer, during the interview use a "what if" scenario to help you answer the question.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Home Depot