The Home Depot Interview Questions

1,718 Interview Reviews

2.3

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

The online info and interview was tedious at best. The online questionnaire was too long. I suspect this is designed to filter out people, but based on some of the people I work with I am amazed they got past it and received a job. Having been a manager at a national retailer I think they are just filling with warm bodies not really adding people who will become long term assets.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help a customer looking for something in the store!   View Answer

Freight Team Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got to the Home Depot about 15 min before my interview then went towards the front desk asked for directions to where I needed to go then made my way towards the back. I made contact with employees and told them why I was there they sat me down asked what time was my interview then said okay we'll be with you shortly. The interview went pretty good the questions were very simple to me nothing to confusing. In all the interview took about 15 to 20 min then they offerd me a position which I accepted and refered my application to that specific department manager and said wait for a call.

Operations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online and was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Was interviewed by four people total (2 groups of 2 for 45 min each). Then took a tour of the facility.

MET Team Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Online. Phone. In store. 10 questions. Get hired. Drug test/background. Wait a week or so. You start. Pretty basic. As long as you have a brain and can answer with confidence and share positive and negative experiences and how you corrected them, they'll like ya.

Interview Questions

With previous (over 10 years experience) time in retail (management) they didn't even consider giving a bump in pay. Just one flat rate. Not worth it. Great for starters. Not for retail vets.

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peru, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peru, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Initial interview Is with department lead, they ask why you think you are good for the job, what you would do with a difficult customer, and what you would do if you see a customer looking a little confused. Next day called me back in to meet with another supervisor and that was to offer position sign papers and give me drug test for for the hospitol.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Offer was as is......seasonal position, 9.50 an hour.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Consists of about 15 basic behavioral questions / tell me about a time when etc. there were two interviewers, team leader and a member of the team. Review scenarios from previous job before going to the interview. Never heard anything back from them after the interview. Neutral experience overall. Also review team based behavioral questions prior to the interview.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

1. Apply Online
    2. Phone Automated Interview
    3. First In Store Interview
    4. Second Interview ( Pretty Much You Have The Job By Then) Just A Refresher Of The First Interview and They Offer You The Job.
    5. Background Check/ Drug Test

None. Starting Off With $8.50 In S. FL But Potential For A Raise

Part Time Paint Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online. Passed the personality test after submitting the application through their website. I was then contacted by phone from Atlanta for a quick phone interview. I was then asked to come into my local store for my first interview. I met with an ASM and a Dept. Supervisor. They offered me a possible full time position as the Department Supervisor, and set me up with another interview for that. The second in-store interview was with the Store Mng. and an ASM. They then officially offered me the position. I was given forms to do a pre-employment drug screening within 48 hours. After almost a week I was called in to sign my employment papers and schedule training. After training on the computer for a week, I participated in an off site training program for a week, at another store in our district, for more in depth training about being in a leadership role.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a 'from experience' type of question.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied approximately three weeks before I was called in for an interview. Before I went in for the interview I had to go through a screening process which I did over the phone, after I was done with the screening stage the person on the phone told me that my interview would be Friday. I went to the interview and was offered a position as a part time lumber sales associate.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions about my previous experiences with home improvement.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Standard Questions. Mainly, just what can you bring to the company? Why should we hire you? The boss that I interviewed with was really nice and made the environment easy and inviting.