The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015
2,141 Interview Reviews

2.3

Kitchen Designer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online. Called for a phone screening then a face to face with HR. While interviewing I was told the kitchen designer position was not available but they had another full time position they wanted me to consider and asked me to return a week later to sit down with a department manager. So I arrive, introduce myself and the managers first words were, you have a great resume are you only looking for full time employment. Yes! That was noted on my application full time only as well as my salary requirements. Long story short they offered me a part time position at less than half the salary requested. Actually, a salary I was making out of high school in the late 80s. I was rather annoyed. Why waste my time and theirs. They ask these questions on applications... Why not read it!! If I'm asking 18.50-20 an hour did they really think I'm going to work for $9?????

Interview Questions

• If You were working with a customer asking endless questions about a hammer and another customer interrupts asking about a much more expensive item that he seemed serious about purchasing...what would you do?   Answer Question

Offer was ridiculously low. Not even something I would try to negotiate higher.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

The process is pretty quick. You apply online under the careers tab on the website. They called quickly and set up a face to face interview. It's pretty informal. They usually start you off entry level and you have opportunity to advance from there.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was relaxed and thorough, the usual questions were asked about previous job history and how you could apply previous experience to this job. The office space we did the interview in was big enough to be comfortable but not over-bearing.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience benefit this position?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

First contacted by the recruiter two days after the submission. Asked about the visa status and working experience of related skills. In general, the interview process was smooth. The recruiter was friendly and the they process the applications in a good manner.

Interview Questions

• Ask about the questions related to the requirements in the job description.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Volo, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Volo, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Waiting for a response back took a while about a full week but after that things were very quick. First interview took place over the phone and then was scheduled for an in person interview. Interviewed by front end manager, he was very friendly and understanding. Standard interview questions. Took the drug test right there, they switched to the oral test which only tests up to a week prior. Got the job!

Interview Questions

• What is something you have done that requires speed and accuracy?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sebring, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sebring, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Began with filling out job application on line. Then received an email asking to call for a phone interview. Then scheduled for a face to face interview. They make their decisions pretty quickly, usually within five days.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pocatello, ID) in August 2015.

Interview

They first do a phone interview and then a face to face interview. I have not had the face to face interview yet so I am not sure what the outcome will be

Interview Questions

• What would I do to help a customer and make them happy and want to shop there again.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Received an automated call asking a couple questions, then got connected to a hiring representative, who told me what the position was for and asked if I wanted to continue with the interview. He then proceeded to ask me phone interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bossier City, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bossier City, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Came into the store and let them know I was there to be interviewed. After a brief wait I was escorted back to the training room where I met with the interviewer. After meeting the interviewer we sat down and went through 6 questions where he recorded my answers and then after answering any questions I had, the interviewer went to meet with their boss and after returning to the room I was told I would be contacted in a few days if a second interview was required.

Interview Questions

• What was one achievement or goal you didn't think you could meet and how did you meet it?   Answer Question

Office Associate and Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied on homedepot website go to careers. Recieved confrimation emails for both positions, stating that they received my applications. Then recieved email from retail staffing center wanting to set up phone interview. They have a automated service ask u a couple questions then connect you to real person to also ask regular interview questions. Pass that theyll call and set up for face to face. Waiting for interview.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to do the job you applied for with no accommodations?   Answer Question