The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
1,509 Interview Reviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

very long. From the time of application to actually hearing from the store can take weeks. after interview the drug test and background check can take any where from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were all pretty basic, how would you handle this or hwat have you done in the past etc.   Answer Question
    It is more of a take it or leave it type of offer. Regardless of past experience everyone starts out at a base pay.

Cashier Interview

it varies.,,depends on the need...usually about 2 weeks for you to get a call after u get an interview..But now the process has changed ..once u apply u have to call the headquarter which is in Atlanta and they will contact you if the store you are trying to work for need people depending on the position you have applied for.

Interview Questions
    • no hard question...tell me about yourself type of thing...   Answer Question
    I did negotiate my offer..got a little bit more of the minimal wage in my state and did not have any experience at all

Administrative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

The process is forever! They have to interview at least 3 people. The questions are difficult and have to be answered in 3 parts. Most of the time the person interviewing already has someone in mind, for the position making the process a bit unfair. It's very difficult to get an office position unless you know someone.

Any Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online. Then i had a couple of phome interviews, then face to face interview in store. Was made an offer within a week. Accepted the offer and after testing waited about a week for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked for specific examples of how I handled certain situations at previous employers   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

It is a joke. They have you answer a ton of questions and then they have a stupid third party company call and drill you a little before you can even talk to anyone at the store location that you applied.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Quick and easy the operation was very simple. with very little questions. you wont have any trouble getting the job. the questions as well as management and the process was very easy adn laid back.

Lot Attendant/Loader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

The interviews were pretty abrupt and only consisted of a few questions. They mainly asked about my personal life more than anything. I was asked why Home Depot and what skills I had that I could use to move up in rank and that was about it. They then did a background check and two days later that went through so they called me back to take a urinalysis which took another week and a half.

Interview Questions
    • What's skills do you have that you can use to move up in specific departments   Answer Question
    Theres a chance for negotiation but not much wiggle room. Just make sure you don't sell yourself short because they will jump on that

Cashier Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

I applied online and the process took one week. After filling out an online application, I was called for a phone interview a few days later. After the phone interview was finished, I was scheduled for a face to face interview. The manager who interviewed me was very nice. The questions were typical customer service questions. After the interview was over the manager told me I did excellent and told me to wait to do a second interview in a few minutes. I did the second interview and was offered the position and given the paperwork for the drug test. I went for the drug test, I guess they got my test results back rather quickly because I got called the very next evening by a female manager saying she wants to hire me the next day. I went in and filled out the tax forms and gave my ID and SS card. The hiring manager scheduled me for orientation 2 weeks later and had me sign an invoice so I could be paid for going in that day. She shook my hand and welcomed me aboard. I go to orientation this Sunday afternoon. Overall it was a positive and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the day working as a cashier, what would you say was the most fulfilling experience?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I was told that the pay is 9.75

Special Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

I applied on a Saturday. Monday I recieved a company generated email that requested that I call into this automated number and speak with a rep. The rep asked me 4 questions and documented mu answers. The following day an HR rep called me and asked I was avaible to come in earlier for my interview, in which I accepted. The interview was about 30 minutes. The manager explained why they were hiring and really focused on the company culture and his expectations of his workers. After answering all of his questions, I met another manager, who spoke with me. Once the interview was concluded, an offer was made to me on the spot :). Once I accepted, I was immediately directed to go take a drug test. I was then advised that the background check will take about 3 days and the HR rep will call me to let me know when the training class will start.

Interview Questions
    • These questions were scenario based questions, which were fairly easy.   Answer Question
    He asked me what I would like to accept as a salary, I stated between 9.00-9.50, he offered me 9.50.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Hiring is Pretty fast easy going questions5 questions average the manager was nice and informative, but the training process is horrible and very long alot of question for this position you have to be a quick learner

Interview Questions
    • There are'nt any difficult questions its pretty much asking you about your work experience and how do you handle tough situations. Using prior experience how has that helped you now.   Answer Question