The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015
2,033 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. There's a quiz that covers personality traits as well as knowledge of hardware and home improvement. You don't need to be great at everything but it does help to have some background in one or more areas. I got a phonecall about a week later and a short phone interview. I was invited to meet with a department manager for an in-person interview. It was pretty laid back and mostly situational questions ("Describe a time when..."). It was very conversational and he was very friendly. After the department manager talked with a couple other people I was invited back to interview with the general manager the next day. The second interview included more situational questions but also focused more on why I was interested in Home Depot. At the end of the interview, I was offered the position pending a passing drug test and background check. (I did pass and I'll be starting the job soon).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Home Depot?   1 Answer

Interview

I applied for a full time, operations and logistics position and they requested that I interview for a part time, $9:00 an hour job where I would spend 70 percent of my time shagging carts in the parking lot. I'm certainly willing to my share of gathering carts, cleaning restrooms and stocking shelves. That should go without saying, but don't insult me with a job offer better suited for a high school kid looking for summer work. I told as much to the phone screen operator, and he was very nice about it, however there is something flawed in their system.

Interview Questions

• Was i physically capable of doing the job?   1 Answer

Merchandise Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone, Basic face to face with standard questions. The phone interview was extremely basic standard questions. Afterward I came in for a face to face and it was more of a formality. I actually never really got a Job "offer" but got the job. I was never told how much I was making until i showed up to work.

Interview Questions

• Who do you see as your customers and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and asked for more than they paid other associates. I ended up getting what I asked for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long. There were 3 rounds of the interview process (I first interviewed with 2 managers, then 1 and then 1 more). I also waited along time between each interview so be prepared to wait.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to pay attention to detail and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question

The Home Depot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was in 3 seperate parts. The first interview was by phone, and the other 2 were in person, in store. All interviews happened on different days and actually the 3rd interview took place three weeks after the 2nd. I was told about this delay at the conclusion of the 2nd interview. So pay attention to such things so you wont bug management before they're ready for you. I thought it was a good way to check to see if you can listen. The first two interviews involved one person, while the third interview involved 2 people. I was told this second person would be asking questions to see how another employee would interact with me. All 3 interviews involved many of the same common sense questions about customer service, safety, and commitment to the company. At the conclusion of the 3rd interview i was offered a position and accepted. I have no criminal record or take any recreational drugs of any kind. So just waiting for the credit check part of the background check. BTW, my sister didn't have a credit check for her current job as an accountant. my fingers are crossed.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer had questions about a product or service.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Sparks, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Started by applying online via the careers section of the website. Received an e-mail 3 days later scheduling a phone interview. Phone interview informed me of pay and scheduled me for an in-person interview the next day. Interviewers were friendly and at-ease. It went well. Question were not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Explain past experience and how it related to position you are applying for. How would you deal with a rude customer? What would you do?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Eugene, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then a few days later got a call for a phone interview. Very simple questions. I was then asked to come in a week later for a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by two employees, both were super nice, not uptight at all. It was a 7 question interview. Sadly I didn't get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who had a question about a product you didn't know anything about?   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone interview with a HR/talent analyst, 2nd interview with two finance managers, 3rd interview with senior finance manager - brief wanted to know if I would fit in with the department

Interview Questions

• normal behavioral interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Normal

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Easy, applied online then got a call from the head cashier. First interview was with head cashier, second with asst manager. Then a job offer and began work, the first week was devoted to training. The managers helped to make it a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked with customers before, give an example of a situation where a customer was upset and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Plano, TX).

Interview

The interview was very brief. It was more of availability. They do have training classes for your specific department so being knowledgeable of everything was to come. They called me in for an interview and I believe the next day they called me back for an offer. Again the interview was easy, its an entry level job to get extra money.