The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
1,764 Interview Reviews

2.3

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

What a mess - Vets stay away
    I came in for an assistant manager position that was advertised on the main home depot corporate site as well as locally. The first time I arrived the manager did not even show up. I rescheduled for another interview and the manager told me that the job was already filled and tried to get me some slightly above minimum wage job. Home Depot does not value education or leadership experience.

Veterans stay away! It is not veteran friendly unless you are looking for a minimum wage job. Look at the yearly turnover. Its staggering and very indicative of how they have evolved. There are no former electricians, plumbers, carpenters in their ranks and you surely do not need to be low balled into this company if you are coming out of the military. Go else where and prosper!

Interview Questions

• Questions were juvenile and hardly worth mentioning. More time was spent talking about the poor hours and how hard it is on the family.   Answer Question

Deliveries Associate Interview

Interview

I applied the night before and got a call back in the morning. Setup an interview for that very same afternoon and immediately starting working within 3 days of the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Maplewood, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Complete application, complete online assessments, telephone interview, in face interview
    I completed the application through the glass door link on a Thursday, completed the assessment required online following the application process which took about two hours, received a call for a phone interview on Friday but got The message after hours so I had to wait the weekend, did a phone interview on Monday and was scheduled for and in face interview in store on Wednesday, was higher during the interview on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• How would non-retail experience transferred to a retail setting   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Niles, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied at The Home Depot overall interview process took about two weeks and it was consistented of two interviews first one with HR manager second one store manager. This is the first time I have ever done this I called the store twice to ask about my application status was told to come in for an interview well after the second interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had learn all lot of things and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Anderson, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an appointment and got right in with a manager, the manager asked several questions and I responded accordingly. They had a spot I was experienced in and they offered the job and I accepted. A drug test and background check was next.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Gave them my resume at a college career fair. A few weeks later, I was invited via email to their on-site interview day at the Austin Technology Center. They fed us breakfast and lunch and put us through three low-stress interviews wherein each interviewer told me about his job, his projects, and his expectations of an intern. Then I was given a few minutes to ask questions, and after that I was asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your worst days on the job? Conversely, what was one of your best days on the job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Fast she barely asked any questions. She never lookex up from her paper and barely acknowledged my presence. After the interview, she said I should walk around the store and learn where every thing is. I waited 3 weeks and never heard any thing back from them. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

IT Interview

Application

Interview

Started in group of 15-20 people, were given lunch. Started getting pulled into 1x1 interviews. First interview was a "personality" type interview (e.g. How would you solve ____), second was a technical interview (e.g. What is polymorphism?)

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism?
      Tell me about a time you started a project that failed?

Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a career fair in University. After passing my resume to Recruiter at career fair, got a phone call within 2 weeks. After that call I was invited for on site interview day(which was after 3 weeks). On the interview day we all gathered at The Home Depot's Austin Technology Center. We were treated with breakfast followed by lunch meanwhile the interview process. After introductory session of us(the candidates) and managers, interview started. Each of us will be having a one to one interview with managers. They would tell about the projects they are doing and their interest. While going through resume they would ask, how you did this project? What you did in this project? Questions will come from you answers to those questions. More questions in "Interview Questions".

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oregon City, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Oregon City, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Got called for a phone interview, went in for a interview the next day and ended up being interviewed twice. Average interview with very standard questions about why they should hire you, past experiences and examples, and what you are like as a person. Both interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself as a person; Hobbies, interests, etc.   Answer Question