The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
1,367 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2011.

Interview Details – It was based on my long application from online, with questions on my experience level and ability to multi task. It felt more like a personal conversation then one for a job. I felt my going to college was not something they would work with I had to adjust my schedule to accommodate the job. Was not good

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – show practical experience in the interview was not expected , but easy to do. Very common interview questions like why you want to work for us even after having a college degree.

Interview Question – doing demo for helping in the store   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Two interviews. Hired at second interview. The process at that time was fast. You applied and were contacted in a week for an interview with an assistant manger. Then I was interviewed by HR. Both went well. I was contacted by phone that I had the job and within 10 days was contacted to come for orientation which lasted two days. Was sent for drug screening and signed papers for background check prior to hire.

Interview Question – Typical questions. Tell me about yourself. Strengths/weaknesses. Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Applied and was interviewed as an outside candidate for a management position. Passed the process and elected to remain near home, accepted a DS position. Entered into the FAST TRACK promo at store 256. Under this program you work a few months in each department to learn HD's processes and be more ready for your leadership role.

Interview Question – Would you be interested in a management position in another city?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I met with the store Manager whom was pretty tough, but we came to an agreement of compensation and expectation I would be in a Management position in this market, as soon as my Fast Track Training was completed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details – Most questions for hourly associates are specific to customer service. Generally interviewees have no experience of the industry and this is okay. As long as you have customer service skills, Home Depot will hire you.

Interview Question – Questions regarding parts of the business, which new associates generally know nothing about. If you've never worked in construction or a related retailer, during the interview use a "what if" scenario to help you answer the question.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2013.

Interview Details – very easy interview not hard questions very basic, i think this is one of the most easiest interviews i had but thats only because the manager brought me on board and he used to come into the restaurant where I worked and was impressed with my performance

Negotiation Details – they kept me at my same pay

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2010.

Interview Details – After application was submitted, I got a phone interview from Atlanta. The next trick was to schedule an in person interview at the site with the asm and store manager. Between their vacations, work schedules, and my schedule, it took another 3 weeks before I actually got hired.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you solved a problem for a customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was already above minimum wage and it was only a part time job.

IT Developer II Interview

IT Developer II
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee who sent my email and résumé to a THD recruiter. She called me, inquired about my needs, and set up a phone interview with a future teammate. That future teammate called soon after, asking basic questions about the languages I would be using and how to apply basic concepts.

I was asked to come on site, and attended a 3 person panel interview. Most of the questions were easy, and my future manager was mostly just telling me how life would be like at THD. I was taken down to the lobby and told my salary would be no problem.

I received an offer, however the position I was interviewing for was a senior position. My manager thought I was more fit for an IT Developer 2 position, so he created a new position for the team for me. I was told to wait 2 weeks before I could get confirmation that I had the job because of a company policy regarding a new position.

After two weeks, I got my offer letter and accepted the job.

Interview Question – What is event bubbling?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Lawrence, KS

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process was easy. Asked five easy straight forward questions. It was hard to find where the interview would take place. But my interviewer was nice and relaxed which made the process less anxious for me.

Interview Question – What do you think great customer service entails?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – I applied online. Typical application, with a few additional surveys. One was the usual personality assessment, one was an assessment for various departments, and one was asking about languages spoken. A couple of weeks after filling out the app, I got an automated call asking a couple of generic questions before transferring me to a person for a phone interview. This section was fairly quick, the operator gave me information about a specific department and a specific schedule, and asked a couple of "Tell me about a time when" type questions. After that he set me up with an in person interview at a store. The in-person was uneventful. I waited in the break room for several minutes before the interviewer took me back to an office. The interview was a general interview for any open sales associate job, all the questions were read from a packet, and at the end he thanked me and walked me out of the office.

Interview Question – Nothing hard, mostly "Tell me a time when" type questions.   Answer Question