The Home Depot

Updated Dec 17, 2014
1,579 Interview Reviews

2.3

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

First had a technical phone interview. Was pretty short and related to a few Object oriented programming principles. Second interview was a pair of on site interview and was asked some more technical questions related to object oriented programming. Also was questioned on my past projects and current projects. Interviewers had more interest in getting to know the interns

Sales Associate - Flooring and Walls Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

I got a call from their call center who was conducting the initial interview. The person was real nice but the questions were somewhat generic at first. I got the feeling that this initial interview could not give them a true picture of my abilities or personality. I also felt the interviewer was not well versed in her job. She was trying to type my responses. She kept reading them back and I had to keep editing them with her. This particular part of the process will probably close doors on some really good people.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was - " give us an example of a difficult situation you have been in with a customer and how you were able to satisfy that customer."   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Filled out online application and received a call from an automated system to do a phone interview then about a week later received a call to do an in-store interview. I did the in store interview with the assistant manager and had general questions "what did you did you when you were in this situation" etc...She said someone would be in touch with me and so we will see.......I report back if I get an offer,

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when your direct reports were arguing, what did you do and how did you handle it,   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Initially applied online and received a email from headquarters telling me to call a number for a screening interview/call. After that I was offered a in store interview. Basic questions, all pertaining to customer service. Easy interview, now waiting for a call back to interview w/ the store manager.
    *update* I was called back for a interview w/ the store manager after 2 days. This interview was a lot shorter (5mins) and was really just manager verifying I was the right pick. Was asked to tell him about myself, and why I want to work there. Keep it customer service related. If you nail the first interview, the job is pretty much yours. Just make a good impression in the 2nd.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a lot to do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable. $9.25 in CA

Senior Analyst Interview

Starts with Phone interview, then you m will move into the direct hiring manager - if you make it past theat you will move to other management level interviews. solid background check and drug test too.

this is not very flexible - you will only get two weeks to start for vacation no matter how hard you negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied and uploaded my resume online. Got a call about two weeks later for an initial phone screening. I am as asked a few questions and the phone operator wrote down my answers. I was then scheduled for an in-store interview with the store managers. They asked similar questions. I then filled out some paperwork for the background check and was sent for a urine test. Im scheduled to begin orientation this week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe past job experiences that you feel makes you a good candidate for The Home Depot.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you worked as part of a team. What was your role on the team and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation yet.

Sales Associate Interview

Filled out application online. A few days to a week later I received a phone call to conduct a phone interview. They asked questions verifying my interest in the job, going over the hours, and job description. Then they asked me to answer questions about times when I've provided excellent customer service, when I've gone above and beyond for a customer, a difficult experience in a team and how it was was overcome.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, or explain how you would provide excellent customer service at the Home Depot.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Applied online was asked to come in for an interview a week later Asked to talk about myself and why I would like to work for Home Depot they explained about the position and was pretty easy.

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Two interview, a background check and a drug test. Incredibly nice people to work with. Excellent benefits, except they don't pay for medical. Excellent training program. You know what your doing when the training is finished.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Was contacted by phone first to conduct an over the phone interview. Was asked scenario questions regarding past experience as a cashier or how to solve a problem. Once the phone interview was done I was told that if I qualified, I would be hearing from them for a face to face interview. I was called few days later to attend the interview at the store where I applied. The interview was very relaxed. The manager who interviewed me was very nice. I was asked just like 4 question scenarios about things that would happen while being a cashier. I was offered the position on the spot and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for the salary.