The Home Depot

1,636 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA

interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2014.

Seems like a good company to work for. The interview questions are pretty basic. It's really all about selling yourself. The most difficult question I was asked was probably how do you go about getting training, and why is continuing training so important to you. I've been called back for a second interview. So hopefully I will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about handling rude or difficult customers? How would you handle a disrespectful co worker?   View Answer

Freight Team Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in December 2014.

Did a phone interview with HR simple questions to do with handling customers and job experience. Refereed to in store interview with assistant managers. They asked questions off a printed questionnaire, so that all who applied will be asked same questions. Most of the questions were how you would handle different scenarios with other employees or customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in December 2014.

Had an interview at the home depot on 12/5/2014 now I thought I was really prepared for the interview studied all the tips and advise plus I had worked at the exact store I was interviewing at. So I figured it would be the standard interview that they have situational questions, and the usual customer service type. Boy was I wrong.

Lumber and Building Materials Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very easy interview. First I had a phone interview then I had one with the HR then I was hired 2 days later. Overall it was a pretty simple and straightforward interview

Interview Questions
    • What qualities can you bring to this job   View Answer

Cashier Interview

This process is pretty easy - especially if you get hired seasonally. they are always looking for help and unless you aren't able to tie to your shoes, they will hire you. They just want to know about you, any prior experience in the customer serviced industry you might have as well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Straightforward. Applied online, followed by a telephone and then and then two interviews at the store. First interview with the assistant store manager, the second with the store manager.
    For the first interview, they were over an hour late calling me in.

Assistant Manager Interview

The first interview I had was with HR. The second interview was with the store manager of te store i wanted to work at. It took about five days for them to make a choice. Once they made a choice I was called to come in and they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was structured preview questions that most jobs ask. You can use scenarios from your previous job to help answer the questions.   Answer Question
    Yes you are able to negotiate. The more experience the more you can ask for.

Floor Associate Interview

THEY ARE ALL ABOUT CUSTOMET SERVICE. You need to be able to talk to people and really learn the products they offer. Also it will impress them if you are up to speed with there sales and specials for that department at time of interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if encountered a theft how would i handle it?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

I applied on line and followed up. Things have changed in 9 years. I think now a days, someone calls you from the corp office in Atlanta, GA. They choose the location they want to hire you at, even if its not the closest location to your home. there is a drug test you must pass.

Garden Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot.

process included a series of questions which asked for your answer and details on a specific time or example in certain scenarios. the store manager and another manager was present. only approximately 5 questions were asked and we never got into detail.

management offered me a dollar amount which was communicated that it was the most available.