The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
1,509 Interview Reviews

2.3

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Initial phone call, then an interview, then a job, the interviewer was very good, she offered different possibilities, listened to what i wanted and made the effort to accommodate me, has continued in that strain. It was a very easy and comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
    • Thinking back, i don't think the interviewer had any difficult or technical questions, I imagine those questions are geared towards the higher positions such as supervisor and mgmt. positions. It seems for the position I applied for if you're sincere they're interested   Answer Question

Order Puller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Everything was pretty straightforward after the phone interview. As long as you're competent and quick learning, there's no reason why you wouldn't get the job. The managers seemed to be ok with hiring anyone, age wise, if they could demostrate that they could learn the skills they would need for the job.

Interview Questions
    • All the question were pretty standard compared to other job interviews   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I received a phone interview first, then I was asked to sign up for an in store interview. I was not able to attend the store interview right then, but I attended it as soon as possible. The man who interviewed me was very nice and seemed respectful. I left there feeling good about the interview but I could not start work right away being out of state so I did not receive a call back.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online and got an automated call about 2 weeks later. The automated call asked different questions: are you willing to provide a service within the standards of The Home Depot, are you willing to work part time?.... Then I was transferred to someone from HR. Was asked usual questions: Tell me about a time when you solved a problem at work...were you the one in charge or part of the team, what was the outcome?. Then was given a date for the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • In the online application I stated I could speak another language. Was asked to translate a sentence.   Answer Question

Was offered a full time position somewhere else.

Flooring Specialist Interview

Great questions were asked in interview. As I had extensive knowledge in many areas and knew the lay out of the store, I was hired immediately. Being in the construction field helped alot. I had been in the store many many times and knew were everything they sold was located. For that reason alone I believe I was hired

Interview Questions
    They were able to give me more money an hour for my Knowledge

MET Team Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot.

it was not tough, mostly general behavioral questions easy to crack. just be calm. I have no previous work experience but still i was considered for this role. they gave online training for a week and finally put me on the work floor

Interview Questions
    • Explain me a situation where you avoided a serious consequences,   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online, in about 4 days I was called in for an interview, they asked basic questions about the type of person I was, and such. After the interview they said that I had to go for a drug test that day. You can't reschedule. I got the job the next day after the drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the founders of the company. I researched before hand but I forgot the names towards the middle of the interview. The interviewer was nice about it and said I learn them pretty quick while working there.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

After applying on line, I recieved a telephone interview which lead to a one on one interview. I was then scheduled for a drug test, reference check and background check. Two weeks later, I was called for the job.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Phone interview from corporate for about 15 minutes. 1st in-person interview with HR rep around 20 minutes with basic questions. 2nd in-person interview with assistant store manager similar to first interview. Received offer a few days later. Process took roughly 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a time you had to deal with a person with a complaint?
      Tell of a time you were praised for doing great work?
      How would you deal with an angry customer?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

1st interview was super easy took about 10 minutes if that. 4 days later received a phone call to go in for a 2nd interview and then got told that they wanted me as a cashier instead of a sales associate. Went to do the drug test after. Pretty much the interviewing process is simple nothing to stress.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little about yourself?
      What department would you like to work in?
        Answer Question