The Home Depot Interview Questions

2.3

Resolution Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

I submitted an application online. A week later I was contacted via email to take a personality screening and skills assessment online. This test was relatively simple and took about 1 1/2 hours to complete. After completing the online assessment, the next day I was invited to come in for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was routine. It involved me and the manager of the customer care department. He was very nice and made me feel comfortable. The questions S.T.A.R. based behavioral style. The email inviting me to the face to face interview had a link with sample behavioral questions. After the interview, I was told to have a seat for some in HR. She then escorted me and another gentleman applying for the position out. Based on other interviews on glassdoor, those that were hired were offered the job on the spot. So I am left to assume I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What make you the best candidate for the job?
      Talk about you had a conflict with another employee.
      Discuss a time when you had to accomplish a task quickly, and the steps you took to reach your goal.
        Answer Question

Head Cashier Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

3 interviews on the phone, 1-1 with a manager, 1-1 with the main manager, there were 6 questions during the second interview mostly asked about how to deal with unhappy customers, why did you choose this store, how to behave and what to tell when you see the customer, and so on

Interview Questions
    • 6 questions, regular most unusual - What will you feel more excited about at the end of the shift?   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

show practical experience in the interview was not expected , but easy to do. Very common interview questions like why you want to work for us even after having a college degree.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Most questions for hourly associates are specific to customer service. Generally interviewees have no experience of the industry and this is okay. As long as you have customer service skills, Home Depot will hire you.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding parts of the business, which new associates generally know nothing about. If you've never worked in construction or a related retailer, during the interview use a "what if" scenario to help you answer the question.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Two interviews. Hired at second interview. The process at that time was fast. You applied and were contacted in a week for an interview with an assistant manger. Then I was interviewed by HR. Both went well. I was contacted by phone that I had the job and within 10 days was contacted to come for orientation which lasted two days. Was sent for drug screening and signed papers for background check prior to hire.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. Tell me about yourself. Strengths/weaknesses. Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied and was interviewed as an outside candidate for a management position. Passed the process and elected to remain near home, accepted a DS position. Entered into the FAST TRACK promo at store 256. Under this program you work a few months in each department to learn HD's processes and be more ready for your leadership role.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in a management position in another city?   View Answer
    I met with the store Manager whom was pretty tough, but we came to an agreement of compensation and expectation I would be in a Management position in this market, as soon as my Fast Track Training was completed.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online. Typical application, with a few additional surveys. One was the usual personality assessment, one was an assessment for various departments, and one was asking about languages spoken. A couple of weeks after filling out the app, I got an automated call asking a couple of generic questions before transferring me to a person for a phone interview. This section was fairly quick, the operator gave me information about a specific department and a specific schedule, and asked a couple of "Tell me about a time when" type questions. After that he set me up with an in person interview at a store. The in-person was uneventful. I waited in the break room for several minutes before the interviewer took me back to an office. The interview was a general interview for any open sales associate job, all the questions were read from a packet, and at the end he thanked me and walked me out of the office.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard, mostly "Tell me a time when" type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

internet application, phone pre-interview structured questions, in store interview structured questions. impersonal ASM and store manager rotate interviewing applicants, process seems scripted and feels like your in a monotone environment.

what negotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

I filled out an app online and received a phone call about a week later. It was a 1:1 interview. Manger asked a few general questions.You will know on the spot whether you will get hire or not. Pretty basic interview nothing to it. Talk about customer service.

Interview Questions
    • It was a situation question to see how you would react.If an angry customer come in yelling and screaming for a manger but you have your hands full with another customer. How would you hand this situation?   Answer Question

Special Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Advanced from cashier to special services. While I was switched to working in the new department rather quickly, it took months before my interview was conducted so I could be officially moved and even longer for the raise to be put into place. Very simple process, was taken to the manager office at the end of the work shift and simply discussed my ability and past work history that would contribute to the position. Took about 15-20 minutes and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions were given during the interview.   Answer Question