Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Home Depot
- Sales Associate (325)
- Cashier (301)
- Part Time Cashier (92)
- Department Supervisor (70)
- Freight Team Associate (41)
- Lot Associate (36)
- Head Cashier (34)
- Assistant Manager (33)
- Home Depot Cashier (24)
- Merchandising Execution Associate (22)
- Customer Service Associate (21)
- Customer Service Representative (21)
- Store Manager (19)
- Specialty Sales Associate (18)
- Merchandiser (17)
- Special Services Associate (16)
- Garden Sales Associate (15)
- Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden (14)
- Sales Specialist (13)
- Department Manager (12)
- General Warehouse Associate (11)
- Lead Generator (11)
- Floor Associate (10)
- Flooring Specialist (10)
- Merchandise Execution Associate (10)
- Lot Attendant (10)
- Lumber Sales Associate (10)
- Associate Support Department Supervisor (9)
- Assistant Store Manager (9)
- Appliance Sales Specialist (9)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.
Phone interview first asked about my availability an if I still was interested in the position next scheduled in person interview. At the in person interview I was asked about me previous work history an a couple of situational questions like what would you do if an how would you handle certain situations.
- Describe a situation where you had to go out side your comfort zone to get a goal accomplished an how did you do it. 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at The Home Depot (Mission, TX).
It is the first time you apply try to answer all questions and did it with truth and were easy questions I was asked about my experience and my personal information such as my address and stuff
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at The Home Depot.
I arrived at the home depot, I waited for about 10 minutes for a manager, the wait wasn't bad at all they had ac in their employee break room and a tv. She came in and greeted me, she was very nice, she asked me about my strengths and weaknesses, she asked about my prior experience and how it compared to their environment, and then she asked how I would resolve a conflict in the work place. The whole interview lasted about 15-20 minutes, she said it would be about 2 weeks before she started making any phone calls, they called me 2 days later and offered me the job.
- Tell me about one of your strengths. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.
Fairly painless. They ask predetermined questions from the company, and write down your answer as you talk.
The more specific you are during the questions the better you will do. If you can not think of a specific example, describe how you would handle the situation and always try to tie it back to the companies values of customer service, in-stock and store appearance. Also add in how you would inquire into the problem, respect the issue/person, solve the issue, and thank.
- How did you resolve a customer complaint Answer Question
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at The Home Depot (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.
I was called by a retail staffing center located in Georgia. I answered a few of the standard "Tell me about a time when you... " questions over the phone. An automated system called me again later to set up an in person interview at the store. There was no interaction with a live person that time.
The in store interview was short and positive. The HR manager asked me a few more of the same style questions, and told me that the online test had matched me to a few possible positions. He was very friendly, and kept up great communication. A few days later, precisely in the time frame he had promised, I was called again, this time with an offer.
- Several were the "Tell me about a time when you... " or "Describe a situation where you had to... " variety questions. There was also a role play example where I was asked to show how I would aid a customer in the aisles, with the HR manager playing the role of a customer. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at The Home Depot (Detroit, MI).
Casual, brief the average retail interview process. Was hired same day as my second interview. Similar to any retail job. Had maybe one or two perks above but not much.
- Describe a time I had to handle a difficult situation between a customer/co-worker. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at The Home Depot (Baton Rouge, LA).
I applied online and got a call asking if I could schedule an interview, so I did. The day of the interview I was sitting in a waiting room like area and waiting two hours to get with someone, the person who interviewed me was alright, she asked about my previous work experience, and talked about Home Depot's history. From then, she told me I'll hear something if they're interesting. Sure enough the next day I got a phone call from someone in their HR telling me...they will not be hiring me, but they like my personality and asked for me to apply again (...Really?)
- If you were upset and under a serious amount of pressure how would you handle it at work? 1 Answer
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.
I did the application online, got a call back a couple days later about doing a phone interview. The phone interview was rather easy just a few questions about yourself. The rep then told me that she wanted to schedule a interview in person. That interview was fairly easy, just six questions. After that the manager told me that I should be receiving a call back from them within the next couple of days. . . Got the call the next day asking me to come in the day after for a background check. Lets see how this goes.
Helpful (1)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at The Home Depot (Kannapolis, NC) in April 2015.
Went in and taled to hiring manager and was told what job was then was asked if id like to work for the home depot. I accepted the job and went for drug test
- When can you start Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2015.
Everything was smooth...I have alot of experience of being a cashier so I kinda knew what to expect. The questions were pretty easy and common sense. I had my first and second interview in one day and now I have to do my drug test.
- What is your most favorite thing to do as a cashier and what is your least favorite thing to do? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What The Home Depot Employees Are Saying
Pros: “Good pay Awesome culture Great work life balance Good experience in fortune 50 company Networking with anyone you want in different departments” “Good pay Awesome culture Great work life balance Good experience in fortune 50 company Networking with anyone you want in different departments” – Full Review