The Home Depot Interview Questions & Reviews in Kennesaw, GA

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2013.

Emailed regarding position that was applied for by Human Resources. Was given a date and time for the interview within a reasonable time period. Had to take an personality and skills assessment prior to interview. On the day of the interview, was interviewed by a total of three people. First interview was before two supervisors for the company. It consisted of answering basic questions about work history and certain work scenarios. Second part of the interview took place one member of senior management. After the last interview, a tour of the facility was performed. After waiting several minutes, job was offered and paperwork was completed. Informed of start date and training schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had any type of a conflict with a coworker and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2013.

As expected, apply, online test, interview.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions they want answers to, times you dealt with difficult situations, customers, what qualifies you...   View Answer
    No negotiation, but any lateral move is like a raise and prepares you to move elsewhere

Customer Service/Call Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2011.

If they are going to offer you the job, after the second interview you will be pulled from that waiting room and offered a position THE SAME DAY and you will receive and sign forms to take your drug test. If they are not going to hire you, they will say thank you for your time and they will tell you, they will notify you by phone or email of their decision.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

This was for the call center in Kennesaw Ga.
    The questions they ask based on situations. To begin I was first interviewed by 2 HR professionals. They asked their questions using a TASK or STAR approach. So take your time and really answer the questions with the most detail and literally tell them a story (Don't forget your eye contact!) I have a very bubbly personality and I honestly WANTED to work there.
    The more you are engaged with the interviewers, the better your chances are. After the interview I shook hands and they asked me to wait out in the lobby. Next I was interviewed by another HR professional and she detailed what I would be doing and if I was okay with structure (coming from Walgreens it was refreshing I love the face to face, but it wasn't paying the bills lol). Then she asked for availability, etc. Again I shook hands with her and waited in the lobby again.
    I was interviewed yet AGAIN by a third HR professional and was formally offered the position. I asked a couple more questions about the company and she ushered me in to fill out paperwork and get my drug test forms and the Background clearance forms.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a situation in which something was broken and what did you do to fix it without a supervisor"
      "Tell me how you would handle conflict between your coworkers"
      "Tell me how you handled a difficult customer, what did you do to resolve the problem"
        View Answers (2)
    Their was no negotiation. It was a firm offer BUT once you are in, SO many opportunities come up.

Contact Center - Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2012.

I applied online for a full-time Customer Service position on 11/20. On 12/4 I received an email inviting me to complete an online assessment which consisted of a skills test and personality test. Interview consisted of 2 one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The basic interview questions were asked such has describe a interaction you had w/a difficult customer and how did you handle. Why do you want to work for Home Depot?   Answer Question
    I have not had the opportunity to negotiate the pay as I will meet with HR next week to formally accept the offer and at that time I will discuss the pay.

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2012.

Applied online and received an automated call to which I made responses, then an operator came on the line to ask a few more qualifying questions. Later that day I received a live call requesting me to report to the store for an interview. The appointment was scheduled. When I arrived, the person I was to interview with was unavailable, so he has arranged for another Assistant Manager and a Department Head to interview me. I was asked to return to interview with the Store Manager who offered me the position in Appliances. I returned later that day after an interview with another company, to accept the position and spoke with the ASM that I was originally scheduled with, filled out background check information and took my paperwork to the lab for drug and alcohol screening.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult was asked during my interviews.   Answer Question
    They made a dollar offer, and I counter offered slightly higher. The store manager called and got an approval.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2011.

A few days after submitting an application I received an email saying they would be calling to ask a few questions or I could call them. I chose to call them and a man asked probably 10 or so questions and recorded them. Most of them were basic interview questions. A little more than a week later I got a phone call to set up another interview that would take place in the store. I went the same day and met with two people who asked questions out of a book and wrote down my answers. This took no more than 15 minutes and both people were extremely nice. Almost a week later I got a phone call and an offer. I accepted and went in to sign the background check consent form. Next I had 24 hours to go take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the shift what do you think the most positive and negative parts of your day would have been.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiating. They told me what they were offering and I accepted.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!