The Home Depot Kitchen Designer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quincy, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2009.

Very grueling, common questions that come from a printout that seems to be the standard for any job anymore.

Interview Questions
There are little negotiations available with this company

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

After the phone interview with corporate I was set up for an in store interview. The manager was not aware of my interview so he rescheduled. On the second interview I had to wait over 45 minutes. I completed a group interview with the department head and a manager. I was then asked back to do another interview with a separate manager. I was then asked back for a 3rd interview with the Store Manager who offered me the position

The store manager offered me $2 less than the corporate off had told me would be the pay. After waiting $30 minutes for the manager to decide whether or not he would approve the higher pay he stood strong to his first offer. I declined the job and was called 3 days later offering me the original amount the corporate office had promised

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2007.

I submitted detailed application online. Was called about 10 days later with phone interview. Made appointment for one on one interview in about 15 days. Had interview with human relations manager and was offered position as long as background check and drug testing were acceptable. I did not feel the HR person knew a lot about what was required for kitchen design.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you been practicing kitchen design specifically and what other skills from interior design will apply?   Answer Question

Kitchen Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2012.

Once you apply at the Home Depot site, you will then be called via an automated career center line call if they have an interest in an interview. Once you call you have the chance to tell them if you are still interested or not(still automated). If you are, then you are connected to a person that will give you a brief pre-screen phone interview and then set up your time to go to the store and interview. If the auto call leaves a message for you, be sure and write down your confirmation number and if you are checking messages there can be a longer than normal pause before the auto line begins--don't delete the message until you're sure what it is!!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to coordinate and see a project to completion by working with several different groups of people to achieve a common goal.   View Answer
    Really no negotiation--starting base pay for the position was offered to me even though I have a college degree in management and 7 years of kitchen design experience. Often you don't feel like you want to be difficult--still it was an increase for me with a company with excellent career path potential as well as immediate 401K and profit sharing bonus--I will take it and run with it.

Kitchen Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2011.

Company called and asked me to talk about my current experiences in relation to the position that i am applying for. I described the current projects in different angles, design wise and basically more on the customer service. I was asked to talk more about customer service and my experiences and difficulties i have encountered. I was also asked about what i expected on good customer service in particular to the position that i have applied for.

Kitchen Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2011.

I was called by the HR dept and given a basic phone interview. Interviewer was cheery, interested and helpful. I had an advantage in getting the interview since I had been a vendor's rep in the store (underpaid but easy to get job) and many employees remembered me and how successful and helpful I was overall. So I called that Asst mgr to say Hi and tell him I had applied and he looked me up on the list and gave me an interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a customer on the floor on my first day?   View Answer
    Phone interviewer gave out an hrly amt but I was offered much less. Thank goodness I had that info since I was desperate for a job and would have taken much less. I also would have a hard time getting raises from the low point. I stated the min I would take (knew it was reasonable from phone interview) and after two weeks they finally agreed.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!