The Home Depot

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Just a single round of interview. Mostly based on a standard set of behavioral questions (Tell me about a time ..' type questions) and questions on points stated on your resume. Was called by the HR after about 3 weeks to enquire about my visa status (OPT). Subsequently, I was called by the hiring manager and told that I had be selected for the position and would be offered a salary of 58k. I was asked to drop by their office within the next week for a round of 'introductions'. I went to the office and met my hiring manager's supervisor. As someone with significant work ex and a Masters degree, the salary was well below my expectations. It seemed more like an entry level job with some reporting to do and calling up vendors to ensure compliance with their transportation policy.

I tried to negotiate the salary but was told it is comparable to the salaries being offered to other logistics analysts in the company. I then tried to find about their leave policy and asked if they would give longer vacation period to which they replied in the negative. They also do not have a sign in bonus nor a relocation amount.

And then, the HR informed me that I had to confirm my acceptance within 24-48 hours, which I felt was ridiculous. When they took more than 3 weeks to get back to me, I felt I deserved at least a week or two weeks to take my call. I asked the HR to speak to the manager and see if they were willing to extend the time for me to consider the offer.

Guess what. The next day, I get a call from the HR and she says my offer has been rescinded!!

More than their decision to cancel the offer, I felt offended by the manner in which they went about it and communicated their decision in a very impersonal and even rude manner. Initially I was upset when I received the call but then later I felt i was'nt a good fit in HD's work culture.

God's been kind and I have had good interviews with another big company and the salary being offered there is commensurate with my experience and skillset.

So, if you think you are good and are smart and well qualified, think twice before you apply to HD.

Interview Questions