The Home Depot Lot Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Olympia, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly. I was taken to a place to wait for the interview and a lot of employees were very kind and asked me about how my day was going. The interview itself was very easy. My interviewer asked me if I had any questions and then he asked me 6 scenario type questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an unsatisfied customer?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you had to learn a lot of information.   Answer Question
  • Explain what you would do to make a customer feel invited and at ease.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first asked about my availability an if I still was interested in the position next scheduled in person interview. At the in person interview I was asked about me previous work history an a couple of situational questions like what would you do if an how would you handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to go out side your comfort zone to get a goal accomplished an how did you do it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Niles, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied at The Home Depot overall interview process took about two weeks and it was consistented of two interviews first one with HR manager second one store manager. This is the first time I have ever done this I called the store twice to ask about my application status was told to come in for an interview well after the second interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had learn all lot of things and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (College Station, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy applied online got call a month later from hr to see if still intrested in job and set up interview. Went to interview easy simple questions hired same day

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to help a customer in area which you didn't work in and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Lot Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Then got a call from a HR representative about a month or so afterwards. Next I got a call from the assistant manager wanting to set an interview date; interviewed with the store manager and was hired after interview. Questions were pretty simple, nothing tricky.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you experienced a problem and resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online - got an interview within a couple weeks (after speaking with someone from a call center over the phone), interviewed with the HR manager, smooth and easy interview, got a call a few days later to interview with the store manager (ended up meeting with an assistant manager), interview was a little more difficult, but not impossible. Lot's of talk about customer service so be ready for it! Got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you describe as great customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Can't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

you receive a phone call from a hiring rep from atlanta headquarters that ask you a few basic questions, after that they invite you to a store that has an opening in your area for what you applied for, when you go you have a one on one interview with a hiring rep

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Phone Interview, ask questions like the normal "What would you do" Are you available for early morning late nights, things of that nature. Once Hired had to take drug test within 2 hours, at CareNow in area. Took 1 Week to receive results, after that I started training. When I went for interview I felt as if it was weird, i went to Customer service and told them i was there for an interview they said go to the back and stand by the doors someone will let you in... Well I waited and waited and after that i finally asked someone what to do, they said sit here until she calls you.

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate anything

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eldersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Eldersburg, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Then called the store and got a 1-800 number that I had to call to check on application. I originally applied for a service desk position but the phone screening offered a lot associate interview. I accepted that then got a confirmation email and went to my store to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• ''As a lot associate, you're one of the first and last people our customers see. What can you do to ensure customers have a positive experience entering and exiting the store?''   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

Interview

A fairly thurough interview working from the material generated from the online aplication. What I did not know was that you got the job you aplied for and only that job. There was no consideration for another position in the store.

Interview Questions

• The questionsprimairly centered on dealing with people, costomers and fellow employes, giving a situation and expecting you totry to adjust to changes.   Answer Question