The Home Depot

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Lot Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, ask questions like the normal "What would you do" Are you available for early morning late nights, things of that nature. Once Hired had to take drug test within 2 hours, at CareNow in area. Took 1 Week to receive results, after that I started training.

When I went for interview I felt as if it was weird, i went to Customer service and told them i was there for an interview they said go to the back and stand by the doors someone will let you in... Well I waited and waited and after that i finally asked someone what to do, they said sit here until she calls you.

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate anything

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied multiple times online and was finally called for an interview. Interview was simple, obvious questions like why do want to work at Home Depot and how would you deal with an unsatisfied customer.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty straight forward and simple.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2010.

Interview Details – Easy interview, great company

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Lot Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Quick response. Phone interview then in-store interview. I had no idea what I was being interviewed for but I'm sure that had something to do with my hiring manager.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all. If you have a pulse you're hired!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Minimum wage.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2011.

Interview Details – After filliig out a very long online application, I received an automated call from corporate and upon answering those questions to their satisfaction a live person is connected. They asked me further questions then scheduled an interview. The interview was relatively generic......what do you think you have to offer, name a difficult situation you faced at work, etc.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.......

Lot Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – 2 interviews 1 phone interview 2 in person

Interview Question – think of a time when you did something that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No I was not able to negotiate.

Lockport, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call from a call center approx. 2 or 3 weeks after applying on line. Face to face with 2 Interviewers the following week. Overall a pleasant experience. Please see other comments for full experience.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Essentially a standard interview.   Answer Question

Lot Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Received call from call center. Was asked couple questions then give an interview.

Lot Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Applied online and two weeks later was scheduled for an interview. The interview was a bit rushed I feel by the assistant manager that seemed to be more busy with everyone else than with the interview. After about 10 minutes it was done and I have yet to hear back.

Interview Question – The usual, "tell me a time when..."   Answer Question

Lot Associate

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application. Three days later received an email that said i was going to be receiving a call. I received the call and a lady asked me some Yes or No questions and gave me some times to choose from to go in for my 1 on 1 interview. The 1 on 1 interview was short but successful, the lady said she would be giving me a call back and she did within a week and said " We would like to extend the job opportunity to you if you are still interested" . Once i said yes, she told me to come in to fill out the background check information paper and to go take a drug test, and she would call to let me know when orientation will begin.

Interview Question – How would you respond if a customer asked you about a product you knew little or nothing about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Home Depot

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

The Home Depot Videos

The Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Home Depot Lot Associate interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Home Depot employees and interview candidates.