The Home Depot

Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.0

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lot Associate Interview

Applied online - got an interview within a couple weeks (after speaking with someone from a call center over the phone), interviewed with the HR manager, smooth and easy interview, got a call a few days later to interview with the store manager (ended up meeting with an assistant manager), interview was a little more difficult, but not impossible. Lot's of talk about customer service so be ready for it! Got hired on the spot.

Can't negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Phone Interview, ask questions like the normal "What would you do" Are you available for early morning late nights, things of that nature. Once Hired had to take drug test within 2 hours, at CareNow in area. Took 1 Week to receive results, after that I started training.

When I went for interview I felt as if it was weird, i went to Customer service and told them i was there for an interview they said go to the back and stand by the doors someone will let you in... Well I waited and waited and after that i finally asked someone what to do, they said sit here until she calls you.

Not able to negotiate anything

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

A fairly thurough interview working from the material generated from the online aplication. What I did not know was that you got the job you aplied for and only that job. There was no consideration for another position in the store.

Interview Questions
    • The questionsprimairly centered on dealing with people, costomers and fellow employes, giving a situation and expecting you totry to adjust to changes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Applied multiple times online and was finally called for an interview. Interview was simple, obvious questions like why do want to work at Home Depot and how would you deal with an unsatisfied customer.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty straight forward and simple.   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Quick response. Phone interview then in-store interview. I had no idea what I was being interviewed for but I'm sure that had something to do with my hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all. If you have a pulse you're hired!   View Answer
    No negotiations. Minimum wage.

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

2 interviews 1 phone interview 2 in person

Interview Questions
    • think of a time when you did something that was unexpected.   Answer Question
    No I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2013.

Asked basic questions, what would you do if, how would you deal with. Took an hour to wait for Hiring manager, Interview took 30 minutes, offered a job on the spot with very good pay!

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Received call from call center. Was asked couple questions then give an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Received a call from a call center approx. 2 or 3 weeks after applying on line. Face to face with 2 Interviewers the following week. Overall a pleasant experience. Please see other comments for full experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Essentially a standard interview.   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online and two weeks later was scheduled for an interview. The interview was a bit rushed I feel by the assistant manager that seemed to be more busy with everyone else than with the interview. After about 10 minutes it was done and I have yet to hear back.