The Home Depot Lot Attendant Interview Questions

2.2

Lot Attendant Interview

Interview

The manager was very unprofessional, was late to the interview. Had to wait around for over 15 minutes.

The pay was a joke.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Took a while to get an interview when I was first hired. Applied in early May, did not get a call back until early August. Very straight forward interview questions to field qualifications for the job.

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate pay

Lot Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview

For this particular interview, I arrived fifteen minutes earlier than the interview time which was a good think because the store was extent in length and I was told were to head to speak with the hiring manager which happened to be the very far left and almost towards the end of the store. When I sat down with the interviewer, I was first signing papers to allow a background check and contact my former employers.

Interview Questions

• The questions that was asked by the hiring manager where: Tell me of a time where you had to collect information. Answer: At my previous job, we would get new items on certain months along with our regular menu. What I would do is collect information about these products and learn on how to sell it so I can use it for further use. How would you sell a product that you weren't sure about? Answer: I would ask another team member who has more information on the product and pay attention on how it is being sold to learn new information and make sure the customer question is being answered. How do you handle a customer who is complaining about the service? Answer: I would immediately apologize to the customer and assure them that they will be getting better service from me today. I will then continue to inform them that their products can be exchanged, returned, or fixed and provide the best possible solution to the customer. Tell me about a time where you accomplished a task without it going noticed. Answer: At my previous job, I would often be given a series of task of what to do during my shift. After finishing my daily task, I would do additional side work for other team members without being asked. How would you make sure a customer is satisfied when they walk in the store and walk out? Answer: I would give them a warm welcome and let them know I am here to provide any assistance they need or what to look for. I would also let them know if they need further help, they can ask me. After this, the hiring manager went to go get the store manager and he asked me questions: Tell me about yourself. Answer: I am an outgoing person who enjoys working with other team members to accomplish store goals and the three words that would describe me are service minded, passionate about learning, and work oriented. Why do you want to work here? Answer: I did allot of research on this company and what I found interesting and unique is that your company assist other customers finding the right type of tool through giving them clinical guidance on how to use it. This is the type of atmosphere that I strive for and I work best where my goals matches the companies goals. Tell me about your previous experience. Answer: I have over five years of experience working with customers and throughout my experience, I have developed great communication skills, handling conflicts, achieving tasks at a faster pace, and develop work values. Why did you leave your other job? I told them why I quitted my job. A good answer would be seeking better responsibility.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

interviewed at The Home Depot (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

got a call from the hr for a phone intereview and they asked basic question then they scheduled me for a store interview. I interviewed with one manager and then had a second interview with the store manager and he offered me the job. I had to take a drug test within 24 hours.

Lot Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview process is easy, the hiring process is annoying. You have to wait about 3 weeks to hear back from them. Then if you dont kiss butt or slave they wont keep you after your 90 days.

Negotiation

They hire you as a temp, the home depot i worked for didnt keep it professional and lied about my hours being cut, later i was let go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Valley Stream, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

hiring was really easy and even though I did bad in the interview I still got the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I really needed a job so I ask for minimum and she gave me 8.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Got a call months after I applied, they asked all the basic questions no surprises.

Negotiation

They told me what they can offer and I asked for a little more and accepted

Lot Attendant Interview

Interview

Apply Online. They then called me a week later for an over the phone interview, and at the conclusion of the phone interview they scheduled and in store interview. I hadn't heard back from them in two weeks after the in-store interview so I called them back. I talked to the manager I had interviewed with and he offered me the position over the phone. I went in that day to get the drug test screening and I was working four days later.

Lot Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online for several different positions and stores and go a call from a regional office a week or two later. It was an easy and straight forward interview on the phone and i was scheduled for an interview with a local store. From there it was basic questions and a drug and background check. I got a call several weeks later for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• I didn't understand why it took so long to get through their system and begin work.   Answer Question

Lot Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2011.

Interview

First, I received a phone interview from their corporate office. Next, I went to the store and met with someone in HR. Third, I interviwed with the manager. After the interview with the manager, I was offered the job on the spot!

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that customer enjy their experience at Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question