The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details – The manager was very unprofessional, was late to the interview. Had to wait around for over 15 minutes.

Interview Question – What is the worst part of your day?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was a joke.

Very Easy Interview

Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Took a while to get an interview when I was first hired. Applied in early May, did not get a call back until early August. Very straight forward interview questions to field qualifications for the job.

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate pay

San Jose, CA

I interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview Details – got a call from the hr for a phone intereview and they asked basic question then they scheduled me for a store interview. I interviewed with one manager and then had a second interview with the store manager and he offered me the job. I had to take a drug test within 24 hours.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over another applicant   Answer Question

Lot Attendant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview Details – For this particular interview, I arrived fifteen minutes earlier than the interview time which was a good think because the store was extent in length and I was told were to head to speak with the hiring manager which happened to be the very far left and almost towards the end of the store. When I sat down with the interviewer, I was first signing papers to allow a background check and contact my former employers.

Interview Question – The questions that was asked by the hiring manager where:

Tell me of a time where you had to collect information.

Answer: At my previous job, we would get new items on certain months along with our
regular menu. What I would do is collect information about these products and learn on how to sell it so I can use it for further use.

How would you sell a product that you weren't sure about?

Answer: I would ask another team member who has more information on the product and pay attention on how it is being sold to learn new information and make sure the customer question is being answered.

How do you handle a customer who is complaining about the service?

Answer: I would immediately apologize to the customer and assure them that they will be getting better service from me today. I will then continue to inform them that their products can be exchanged, returned, or fixed and provide the best possible solution to the customer.

Tell me about a time where you accomplished a task without it going noticed.

Answer: At my previous job, I would often be given a series of task of what to do during my shift. After finishing my daily task, I would do additional side work for other team members without being asked.

How would you make sure a customer is satisfied when they walk in the store and walk out?

Answer: I would give them a warm welcome and let them know I am here to provide any assistance they need or what to look for. I would also let them know if they need further help, they can ask me.

After this, the hiring manager went to go get the store manager and he asked me questions:

Tell me about yourself.

Answer: I am an outgoing person who enjoys working with other team members to accomplish store goals and the three words that would describe me are service minded, passionate about learning, and work oriented.

Why do you want to work here?

Answer: I did allot of research on this company and what I found interesting and unique is that your company assist other customers finding the right type of tool through giving them clinical guidance on how to use it. This is the type of atmosphere that I strive for and I work best where my goals matches the companies goals.

Tell me about your previous experience.

Answer: I have over five years of experience working with customers and throughout my experience, I have developed great communication skills, handling conflicts, achieving tasks at a faster pace, and develop work values.

Why did you leave your other job?
I told them why I quitted my job. A good answer would be seeking better responsibility.
  View Answer

Lot Attendant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Interview process is easy, the hiring process is annoying. You have to wait about 3 weeks to hear back from them. Then if you dont kiss butt or slave they wont keep you after your 90 days.

Negotiation Details – They hire you as a temp, the home depot i worked for didnt keep it professional and lied about my hours being cut, later i was let go.

Very Easy Interview

Valley Stream, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Interview Details – hiring was really easy and even though I did bad in the interview I still got the job

Interview Question – they will ask a lot of role playing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I really needed a job so I ask for minimum and she gave me 8.50

San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call months after I applied, they asked all the basic questions no surprises.

Negotiation Details – They told me what they can offer and I asked for a little more and accepted

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details – Apply Online. They then called me a week later for an over the phone interview, and at the conclusion of the phone interview they scheduled and in store interview. I hadn't heard back from them in two weeks after the in-store interview so I called them back. I talked to the manager I had interviewed with and he offered me the position over the phone. I went in that day to get the drug test screening and I was working four days later.

Interview Question – What do you think the Home Depot can offer you?   Answer Question

Lot Attendant

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for several different positions and stores and go a call from a regional office a week or two later. It was an easy and straight forward interview on the phone and i was scheduled for an interview with a local store. From there it was basic questions and a drug and background check. I got a call several weeks later for a job offer.

Interview Question – I didn't understand why it took so long to get through their system and begin work.   Answer Question

Lot Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2011.

Interview Details – First, I received a phone interview from their corporate office. Next, I went to the store and met with someone in HR. Third, I interviwed with the manager. After the interview with the manager, I was offered the job on the spot!

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Home Depot

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

The Home Depot Videos

The Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Home Depot Lot Attendant interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Home Depot employees and interview candidates.