The Home Depot Merchandise Execution Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.1

Merchandise Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy and straight forward. They are basically looking for past retail store or customer service experience. They are very quick after the interview to let you know if you will be hired or not. I was interviewed by my direct manager and a store manager and the whole process took about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have in any type of retail store?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I Applied online looking for openings near me; once I finished the application process, 3 days later I got an email response to call a number, which had a few automated questions where I had to use the dialpad to key in yes or no. After that, I got transferred to speak with an actual person asking basic questions relating to the job (if I was able to lift and stand for a period of time and a few about past work). I got scheduled for an interview 4 days later at the store. I had an early interview at 7 am and I was 30 minutes early. So I checked in at the services desk where they called the HR rep and store manager, they liked how early I was and the HR complimented that. The whole interview took around 10-15 minutes. Questions were about past work experience and situational dilemmas on what I would do or how I would react. All the questions were read from a sheet of paper and my answers were briefly written by the manager. I felt very comfortable and had just a tiny bit of nervousness. However, I felt like I answered all the questions the best I could and was complacent with how everything went (so if I didn't get offered the job, I was fine). I got a call 1 day later from the store manager and I was told that I fit their openings and if I was still interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I would be a great fit for the position I applied for.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where I had to talk someone out from something.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where I had to juggle multiple tasks at once.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where I had done something incorrectly/wrong and how I was punished for it.   Answer Question

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was relaxed and thorough, the usual questions were asked about previous job history and how you could apply previous experience to this job. The office space we did the interview in was big enough to be comfortable but not over-bearing.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience benefit this position?   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Interview

Everything done on line than electronically by phone. If you pass the electronic phone interview than you get rewarded with being able to answer questions from a human who is obviously reading from a computer.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work overnights? Do you have a reliable car?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work for $10.50/hr?   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Met with the MET supervisor and he asked me about my past experiences. He told me what the job entailed and asked if I had previously done it and if I was willing to do it at a fast pace at Home Depot. He liked my attitude and past experiences so he offered me the job by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working in a team or by yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Did a phone interview first. Then an in person interview at the store where you are applying at. Interview has many "How did you handle this situation?" questions and briefly asks about your skills or knowledge set. The interview lasts about 30 to 45 minutes and if hired, paperwork and tour of work area will take about an hour. Total time spent there will be about 2 hours and 20 minutes but they will only pay you for two hours.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a problem with a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Toledo, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy two step process. One phone interview and one face to face interview. Phone interview was quick 5 minutes. Face to face interview was easy as well. I interviewed with the district manager and the merchandising in store supervising. After interview go to third party for a drug test. Very easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone call from the corporate office they asked four questions then said to for a phone call from the store I applied to. I'm still waiting. In the mean time I applied to other locations. They were hiring a ton of people for the spring season so I'm sure a lot of people applied.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you work in a team environment.   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The whole interview process was painless. You first get an automated call from THD headquarters HR staffing center from Atlanta...So be prepared to see a call starting with an area code of (770). After the automated system ask you some questions you talk to a live person for a phone interview, after you pass that then they set you up with a live person face to face at the store you are going to be working at. This whole process took less than a week. When I arrived I was greeted by the MET-(Merchandizing Execution Team) area supervisor as long with his district MET Supervisor. The whole interview took about 15 minutes to conduct...they ask you about your background...and ask you six questions 3 customer service...and 3 merchandizing questions. These questions are very easy..and upfront. After that was done and the write your answers down the ask you to step outside the interview room as they can deliberate if your a potential match. I was called back in after five minutes was offered a full time night position on the MET team. They ask for your social for a background check and they give you a Quest Diagnostic for to go do your drug test. (Side note: For your drug test with Quest Diagnostics...it is important you go to there site and schedule an appointment....if not you will wait for at least 1-2 hours...and not all Quest Diagnostic places do drug test...so its important to visit their website when you go to do your drug test with them.) Also I will add I did have an advantage of getting this job...one my cousin works at a Home Depot as a supervisor and also...I did work at Lowe's....if you work at Lowe's and apply to The Home Depot...your basically treated as if you were an internal candidate for a job position. Lowe's is Home Depot's competition. I will admit though the pay was lower than what I was making at Lowe's...but you get to travel with the MET team and the compensate you for mileage and travel cost, which will add up more. In addition sure its lower pay than Lowe's but a set schedule Sun-Thur 9P-6A and weekends off, and the chance for me to finish school out ways the lower pay rate. Please note if you get hired for this job full time...you will be working night...only part time people from the MET team work days, and they are only scheduled to one store. The full time night MET team has one home store but is required to travel up to or over 30 miles for work. So reliable transportation is a must if you are considering this job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult use common scenes and rational thinking   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was available...I did try but the couldn't budge.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online. After a week I got an email that they were going to call me to have a phone interview with me. They called me that same day as I got the email. I was not able to answer at the time. I called back the day after and had the interview. Just in case you're wondering at first it's an operator but for the interview they transfer you to a h.r manager. It was my first interview so I was a bit nervous. Personally I think I was nervous but anyone who has experience should do good. In the end I was told "if they do hire you, you should be contacted via email or telephone." At least they were frank since the beginning. P.s it is a call from Georgia

Interview Questions

• What will you do to ensure your safety? Tell me a time you worked with a team to reach a goal? Tell me a time you had to manage your time, how did you do it?   Answer Question