The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions & Reviews

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, NC
Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2013.

It took two months from application for open job, to get a call back from an automated contract employment company. They set up an interview with a store manager and I drove the one hour to the interview location and met. They had paperwork that showed not only my application, but what looked like SS deposits that listed small self employed jobs that I claimed the income for, but didn't list on my resume because they were small self jobs (no employer). Obviously employers use tech to get every possible bit of info, which opens up the possibility for huge errors, if you've ever checked your credit report and found a ton of junk, or googled yourself and found a lot of people with your name the same. They said everything looked good- I'd get a call for a training start in about 2 weeks. (this was a night job stocking shelves- wanted the job for extra cash.) They thought I was a little "sophisticated" for the job; must be their term for overqualified. What qualifications are for stocking shelves? Never heard back, even from the automated call center. Eventually got an email asking if I wanted to keep my resume active. Been 3 months.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult. Asked if I could operate technical equipment (hand held bar code reader/printer) because they got a lot of elderly applicants that were stymied.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Applied online got a email a week later saying they will contact me to have a phone interview.

Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Initially contacted by phone. From there everything went through the district rep, Very laid back and easy.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2011.

Very easy interview process. They just want to know if you have some experience in the area. And if you are able to perform the job on a daily basics. After that, they will call you to let you know if you have been selected or not, in few days later

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question would be regarding your driving background, if you have any ticket or mayor motor vehicle infraction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

Filled out online app on a Thurs, was emailed Friday to contact Retail staffing center for more questions. I called Vs waiting for them to contact me. Was a automated system to begin with once you answer those questions (I assume the way they are looking for you to) you are transferred to a "Live" phone interviewer.

Went through a series of questions (This is the starting pay, Have transportation, these are the hours etc) once this section ended asked me if I had any questions. Asked my question which caught them off guard and they stumbled their way through the answer.

Has been close to a week with no further communication to date.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, basics what can you bring to Home Depot team, Name a time when .....   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Phone interview started as automated about times I could be available, etc. Seems someone was listening to my answers and once you answer these 6-7 questions correctly then a human takes over and asks about 8 more questions. It's been a week now and he said could take two or more weeks to hear back. I'm waiting for a response from them and I hope it's not a Dear John letter.

Interview Questions
    • What did you hate about your last job?   View Answer

Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2009.

Even though it was a merchandising position, the interview consisted of a few role playing questions about customer service. Example "how would you help a customer looking to buy gloves?" I was also asked about my greatest strength, my experience in merchandising.

Interview Questions
    • Role Play: "How would you help a customer with gloves?"   View Answer
    I did negotiate but that was 2008, I got at least $2.00 more an hour than what they listed

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2010.

The "Interview" was very ambiguous. It was more of a formality. I was pretty much over qualified for the position, but they needed people and I needed a job.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time when you had to deal with merchandise.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim Hills, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

it was one of the best interview process's I ever had. got in 15 minutes early, had a great conversation with the trainees while waiting and went in for the interview. there were two people in the room; the hiring manager and the store manager. they were relaxed and very positive. I felt a good vibe from the start. they asked me around 5 real easy questions and ended the interview with a good joke and an offer.

the most important thing is to smile a lot and laugh if somethings funny. good vibes go a long way. ohh and relax.

Interview Questions
    • if you have a project like a display model to complete but you are running out of time and a customer comes in asking for assistance what would you do?   View Answer
    usually whatever you put as your highest past hourly wage they will offer to you. or aleast something close.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

very basic question and easy , they want to make sure you love to sell

Interview Questions
    not much can you go take a drug test now , yes

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!