The Home Depot

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.1

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Simple interview with a lot of situational questions. How would you interact with customers? How would you approach a project? Simple questions really. Just dont answer like an idiot and you will get the job.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Initially contacted by phone. From there everything went through the district rep, Very laid back and easy.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

Filled out online app on a Thurs, was emailed Friday to contact Retail staffing center for more questions. I called Vs waiting for them to contact me. Was a automated system to begin with once you answer those questions (I assume the way they are looking for you to) you are transferred to a "Live" phone interviewer.

Went through a series of questions (This is the starting pay, Have transportation, these are the hours etc) once this section ended asked me if I had any questions. Asked my question which caught them off guard and they stumbled their way through the answer.

Has been close to a week with no further communication to date.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, basics what can you bring to Home Depot team, Name a time when .....   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in December 2013.

It took two months from application for open job, to get a call back from an automated contract employment company. They set up an interview with a store manager and I drove the one hour to the interview location and met. They had paperwork that showed not only my application, but what looked like SS deposits that listed small self employed jobs that I claimed the income for, but didn't list on my resume because they were small self jobs (no employer). Obviously employers use tech to get every possible bit of info, which opens up the possibility for huge errors, if you've ever checked your credit report and found a ton of junk, or googled yourself and found a lot of people with your name the same. They said everything looked good- I'd get a call for a training start in about 2 weeks. (this was a night job stocking shelves- wanted the job for extra cash.) They thought I was a little "sophisticated" for the job; must be their term for overqualified. What qualifications are for stocking shelves? Never heard back, even from the automated call center. Eventually got an email asking if I wanted to keep my resume active. Been 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Asked if I could operate technical equipment (hand held bar code reader/printer) because they got a lot of elderly applicants that were stymied.   View Answer

Merchandising Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Phone interview started as automated about times I could be available, etc. Seems someone was listening to my answers and once you answer these 6-7 questions correctly then a human takes over and asks about 8 more questions. It's been a week now and he said could take two or more weeks to hear back. I'm waiting for a response from them and I hope it's not a Dear John letter.

Interview Questions
    • What did you hate about your last job?   View Answer

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Applied online got a email a week later saying they will contact me to have a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

it was one of the best interview process's I ever had. got in 15 minutes early, had a great conversation with the trainees while waiting and went in for the interview. there were two people in the room; the hiring manager and the store manager. they were relaxed and very positive. I felt a good vibe from the start. they asked me around 5 real easy questions and ended the interview with a good joke and an offer.

the most important thing is to smile a lot and laugh if somethings funny. good vibes go a long way. ohh and relax.

Interview Questions
    • if you have a project like a display model to complete but you are running out of time and a customer comes in asking for assistance what would you do?   View Answer
    usually whatever you put as your highest past hourly wage they will offer to you. or aleast something close.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

very basic question and easy , they want to make sure you love to sell

Interview Questions
    not much can you go take a drug test now , yes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online through their website & was surprised by the prompt return of interest.
    There automated system had me answer a few general questions about my availability and over all interests in the job description.

This lead to the in person interview, It was all pretty quick & orderly; I didnt have a lot of confidence in the online/automated system at first, but over all no complaints

Interview Questions
    • 4am startup for Merchandising position   View Answer

Too far away for metro to get me there on time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

To be honest i had a very easy interview. I knew a current merchandiser and that it is why i got the job, not to say that I'm not a good or hard working individual but this was 2012 and times were tough. their were a lot of people applying for this poison but i had an in. to get the interview i Applied on at homedepot.com and a few days later i got an email to setup an interview. They Drug tested me, did a back round check And interviewed me. The interview was one on one.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest i had a very easy interview. I knew a current merchandiser and that it is why i got the job, not to say that I'm not a good or hard working individual but this was 2012 and times were tough. their were a lot of people applying for this poison but i had an in. i got hired on as part time and worked very hard and earned a full-time position. A lot of the interview questions started off with what would you do if or in this situation how would you handle it.
      1Q. If a co-worker is bullying you or making you uncomfortable, how would you handle it.
      1A. I would take a step back and try to easy the situation.
      2Q. If you see a items on the floor as you help a customer, would continue to helping the customers or pick up the items first?
      2A. pick up the item because its a safety hazarded.

View Answer