The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.1

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was relaxed and thorough, the usual questions were asked about previous job history and how you could apply previous experience to this job. The office space we did the interview in was big enough to be comfortable but not over-bearing.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience benefit this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Interview

Everything done on line than electronically by phone. If you pass the electronic phone interview than you get rewarded with being able to answer questions from a human who is obviously reading from a computer.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work overnights? Do you have a reliable car?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work for $10.50/hr?   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Met with the MET supervisor and he asked me about my past experiences. He told me what the job entailed and asked if I had previously done it and if I was willing to do it at a fast pace at Home Depot. He liked my attitude and past experiences so he offered me the job by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working in a team or by yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Toledo, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy two step process. One phone interview and one face to face interview. Phone interview was quick 5 minutes. Face to face interview was easy as well. I interviewed with the district manager and the merchandising in store supervising. After interview go to third party for a drug test. Very easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone call from the corporate office they asked four questions then said to for a phone call from the store I applied to. I'm still waiting. In the mean time I applied to other locations. They were hiring a ton of people for the spring season so I'm sure a lot of people applied.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you work in a team environment.   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The whole interview process was painless. You first get an automated call from THD headquarters HR staffing center from Atlanta...So be prepared to see a call starting with an area code of (770). After the automated system ask you some questions you talk to a live person for a phone interview, after you pass that then they set you up with a live person face to face at the store you are going to be working at. This whole process took less than a week. When I arrived I was greeted by the MET-(Merchandizing Execution Team) area supervisor as long with his district MET Supervisor. The whole interview took about 15 minutes to conduct...they ask you about your background...and ask you six questions 3 customer service...and 3 merchandizing questions. These questions are very easy..and upfront. After that was done and the write your answers down the ask you to step outside the interview room as they can deliberate if your a potential match. I was called back in after five minutes was offered a full time night position on the MET team. They ask for your social for a background check and they give you a Quest Diagnostic for to go do your drug test. (Side note: For your drug test with Quest Diagnostics...it is important you go to there site and schedule an appointment....if not you will wait for at least 1-2 hours...and not all Quest Diagnostic places do drug test...so its important to visit their website when you go to do your drug test with them.) Also I will add I did have an advantage of getting this job...one my cousin works at a Home Depot as a supervisor and also...I did work at Lowe's....if you work at Lowe's and apply to The Home Depot...your basically treated as if you were an internal candidate for a job position. Lowe's is Home Depot's competition. I will admit though the pay was lower than what I was making at Lowe's...but you get to travel with the MET team and the compensate you for mileage and travel cost, which will add up more. In addition sure its lower pay than Lowe's but a set schedule Sun-Thur 9P-6A and weekends off, and the chance for me to finish school out ways the lower pay rate. Please note if you get hired for this job full time...you will be working night...only part time people from the MET team work days, and they are only scheduled to one store. The full time night MET team has one home store but is required to travel up to or over 30 miles for work. So reliable transportation is a must if you are considering this job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult use common scenes and rational thinking   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was available...I did try but the couldn't budge.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online. After a week I got an email that they were going to call me to have a phone interview with me. They called me that same day as I got the email. I was not able to answer at the time. I called back the day after and had the interview. Just in case you're wondering at first it's an operator but for the interview they transfer you to a h.r manager. It was my first interview so I was a bit nervous. Personally I think I was nervous but anyone who has experience should do good. In the end I was told "if they do hire you, you should be contacted via email or telephone." At least they were frank since the beginning. P.s it is a call from Georgia

Interview Questions

• What will you do to ensure your safety? Tell me a time you worked with a team to reach a goal? Tell me a time you had to manage your time, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Clearwater, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

At the Clearwater,Florida store for an interview the managment was not aware of the appointment; interview was conducted at high school level and the interveiwer behaved as such. The questions asked were the same as on the web pre-qualification. Truly amazing. I all my years, i've never encountered such impunity.

Interview Questions

• How do you like working with people who are often difficult?   1 Answer

Merchandise Execution Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

as long as you answer with a military persona if you will the basic im a robot yes sir no sir you will be just fine no real in depth questions other then whats required for the job and how you feel you can fulfill their needs,

Interview Questions

• why I felt they should pick me for the job and why i was worth the salary i ask for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

went very smoothly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (State College, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was easier than a lot of other job interviews. I would say it was due to employer referral and considering I was familiar with most of the tools used for projects.