The Home Depot Merchandising Execution Team Interview Questions

2.2

Merchandise Execution Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cedar City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

After an online application, I was contacted about two weeks later by a robot that asked a question, followed by an "essay" like portion with a real person who typed my responses. About a week after that I was contacted by my local store to set up an interview. Interview was straight forward and included explaining a lot of specific examples of how I handled situations.

Interview Questions

• All of them were fairly straight forward, nothing really unexpected. Questions were things like, give an example of a time you had to be particularly detail oriented, or, describe a time you had to learn something quickly, or, give an example of a time you realized you would not finish a task in time and what did you do to fix the problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandising Execution Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lovejoy, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lovejoy, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring process took shorter time than expected. When I completed the job application online, I was phone interviewed on the following day by the Home Depot Corporation. I was asked maybe roughly 10 questions regards to employment experience, personal interests, qualifications, etc. Having to answered all the questions briefly and accurately, I was scheduled to come in for an interview with the DM at the beginning of the following week. The personal interview went well along with exceptional time. (20-30 mins tops) The DM asked typical questions just to gain general understanding of personal interests in the job and why I should be considered for employment. After the interview, I was granted the job and had to submit drug screen for pre-employment. As soon as the test results were obtained by the Human Resources of Home Depot, I was called in to start job training on the following day.

Interview Questions

• I was nearly caught off guard when I was asked a difficult question, "Please explain a time when you were in a challenging situation. How were you able to make the situation better for a customer/guest without having a manager involved and why you did it." It seemed to be quite a vague question, yet a critical one. Knowing that it wasn't a right or wrong answer to this, I stated in my brief senario the best way how I handled the problem. That case it was known that there is potential into figuring out difficult situations, without producing nor prolonging any unnecessary conflicts.   Answer Question

Merchandise Execution Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Seattle, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied on line. First, I was called on the phone and given an interview. Then I was invited in and given an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if a customer asked you a question about a product that you did not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Merchandising Execution Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR about a week later for a phone interview. About another week later I received another phone call; this time from the MET manager, who asked me to come in for a panel interview the next day. A few of the MET managers sat in on the interview but only one asked the questions, mostly based on my experience in customer service and problem solving. Lasted maybe ten minutes. The person who would have given me the job offer was busy at the time, so they sent me home, and about an hour later they called me and made the job offer. Had to run back in and fill out paperwork, consent to the background check, take paperwork to the medical facility for my drug test, etc. Drug test and background check took a week to come back clean, was called in for orientation today.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker or team member and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate - the starting rate was much higher than I expected.