The Home Depot

Updated Nov 12, 2014

1.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Standard interviewing process. You will meet with the Assistant Store Manager and if you pass that step, they will bring you back for an interview with the Store Manager.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Paint Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I filled out the paper work to be hired, the within a week or two I was called in for an interview. The interview was over with quite quickly. Very few questions were asked. Then I was told I had been hired. From there I was put into a room to watch a brief video.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kerrville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kerrville, TX

interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2012.

I received an email telling me I would be called by HQ for an on the phone interview. The phone interview was simple and took only 10 minutes. If everything goes well, you get a second, instore interview with manager on duty followed by a final interview with the store manager. The questions are cookie cutter and are geared towards finding out whether you have experience in customer service and some leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because the pay was high enough. Later on i found out that the other employee hired for the same position was given the same pay when that person was not bilingual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2010.

Applied Via the Home Depot Website. Very easy process and didn't take very long considering other online applications that are out there. Filled out my information employment history, skills, etc. Then you were allowed to filter the available locations you would like to work at and select the different skills that you have and/or would like to learn and based on this information you are thrown into a big hat and hope for a phone call. I received a phone call a few days later asking if i would like to come in for a 1-on-1 interview for a position in the paint department. the person who called informing me of the position was not the same person that i would be interviewing with and could not give me any additional information about the position requirements. I was interviewed by nice lady who had been working the same paint department shift supervisor position for 8 years(First clue about advancement opportunity). After about a 45 minute interview consisting of preformed questions such as, "have you ever been faced with an upset customer and what did you do to rectify the situation?" I was told that the interviewer liked what she heard and was considering me for the position. still not having any clue what the position entails i began to ask questions pertaining to what my job duties would be. after a phone call and a 45+ minute interview i finally was told that i was being interviewed for a part-time and temporary position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been faced with an upset customer and how did you rectify the situation?   View Answer

after Asking what home depot considers part-time(anywhere from 15-40+hrs/week) and what the possibility of being hired to a non-seasonal employee would be (slim to none) i politely said thank you for the opportunity to interview for the position and left the tiny 5x5ft office right next to the bathrooms that was being shared by 6 different supervisors.

only positive experience from this was the interviewing practice.

Paint Sales Associate Interview

The HR lady at home depot called me in for an interview, I had no idea what position I was even being hired for. So I went to the interview pretty much blind, also it was my first interview. Not really knowing how the departments worked and maybe I am going to be working everywhere??.. I had my interview, went well, got the job, the end.

Paint Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2010.

I applied in person using their kiosk. I was contacted within a couple of days. The process included a phone call, an interview with one of the assistant mangers, a drug test and a background check. I was offered the position at the end of the interview and accepted. I

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience or knowledge regarding paint?   Answer Question