The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015
Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.1

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interesting that the first interviewer was a computer. I was then transfered to a person who asked me more questions. She then set me up with an in person interview. Wish me luck, I go into the store for my in person interview this coming Tuesday.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

(THIS IS MY FIRST INTERVIEW EVER). I'm new to USA. I applied online. Complete assessment. Got an email 2 days later with a phone call to call (or wait them to call back). I called them then answered automated questions. Then it will transfers you to a phone interview. Then they scheduled me a 1:1 interview at the store. Everybody was nice. I've been told to wait 2 weeks for a call if I get selected.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good candidate?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation where you have to work with a team and what was the outcome
      Describe a situation when you had to work fast & accurately?
      What will you do if a customer asks you a question you don't know?
      What will you do if a rude customer came to you?

Answer Question
    • How will you serve our customers above and beyond?   Answer Question
    • Why do you like to work with us?   Answer Question
    • What do expect the things that makes you happy at home depot at the end of the day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX
    Anonymous Employee in North Richland Hills, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

I applied a few months before and then had to take an online character assessment test. I guess I must have passed it because Home Depot's automated employment center started calling last month. When I called back there were a few easy automated questions and then it sent my call over to a real person. They asked if I would be willing to provide excellent customer service. Of course. They told me the starting wage for the position was $9.00, which I was OK with. Then they stated that the position would require open availability Monday through Sunday.... and I was out. I have a daughter and can not work ANY shift. Not a very flexible part time job.

Interview Questions
    • do you have open availability to work any shift any day?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I had a phone interview, then I guess I passed the phone interview because they receptionist scheduled me a interview. Went to the interview and got offered the job on the spot. Just waiting for my background and drug test! Paying sucks tho 8.50

There wasn't no negotiation

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a phone call for a phone interview where they ask reasonably easy questions nothing challenging afterwards I got a call 30 minutes later from The Home Depot wanting to arrange an interview.
    The interview was friendly yet formal, I got asked around 10 formal questions then had a brief conversation with the HR manager, got a call 3 days later to come in and I went they did a background check and drug test and now working for them.

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

great interview process. they were upbeat and showed real interest in what i had to say easy interview asked me about my past job experience and asked questions in relation to customer service and how as a cashier how could I provide the best customer service possible.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you went above and beyond at your last job   View Answer
    easy

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a call from head quarters did a phone interview and was schedule for an in person interview the same week. I when to my in person interview and it took them over 30 minutes to find someone to interview me because the person that was supposed to do it was busy at the end she interview me. Well she asked simple questions and told me I had the job. I had to take a drug test and I sign a paper to get a background check. I did the drug test that same day. It's about to be over a month and I haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are easy just about your previous work experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2015.

Got a phone interview then got a in-person interview the next day and went in. The interview was so easy and laid back. First interview was series of questions on your work experience and then got a second interview the same day with the assistant manager and i basically had to sell myself to her and we had a very normal conversation no questions were asked and then she stated the starting is $9.75 which is better than nothing and i accepted and got my form for the drug test and did the background check. Just waiting now ��

Interview Questions
    • What would i hate about working there?   View Answer
    No, Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramount, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online a few days later I recieved a call & was asked a few questions about my past job experience , I was then scheduled for an interview I was the. Told I got the job and had 24 hours to complete a drug test now just waiting for the results & overall the questions were quite simple just relax & think positive & be PREPAIRED Smile and look presentable
    Mock questions.com has good sample questions for homedepot that were similar to the questions I was asked

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself "job experiences"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA

very easy applied on line then had a over the phone interview after scheduled a face to face then drug test after had to wait almost two weeks to get a call to begin