The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Centerville, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online did the test, 4 days later got an email about making a phone interview. the phone interview was short 3 questions that's all. Why do you think you are suitable for this position?
Difficult task and what was the outcome ?
How do you go above and beyond to deliver an excellent customer service

Interview Question – it was pretty easy   Answer Question

Kapolei, HI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – I got hired by asking an employ how they got hired. They said fill out app on line and call and talk to the HR manager and that is what I did. We talked a little on the phone and she set me up for an interview with her. After the interview she called about a week later and had me come in a second time to offer me a position as a cashier, not what I applied for. I took it.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was if I would except the offer she gave me. It was less than half what I used to make.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a take it or leave it. No negotiation but said I could have time to think about it.

Part Time Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – had phone interview. called me back for an in person interview.. asked "what would you do if..." questions. Fairly easy interview. Interviewer was very nice, laid back. I dressed business casual

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Laguna Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an initial automated phone call, which then transferred me to a person to ask questions. I then received the interview location and time from that person.

Went in for interview, offered me a job, I accepted, took my drug test at an outside agency. Was told they has to wait for a background check (which took about 2 weeks to get)

Interview Question – Pretty simple run of the mill questions. Explain a time when you...... type of questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate.

Part Time Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

Interview Details – Online application and then telephone interview to get a sit down interview in the store. Basic questions about experience and where I might want to go. Interview was somewhat lengthy and seemed like it was maybe the same questions for anybody and everybody. Effort is needed to make your answers apply and stick.

Interview Question – Some lengthy questions require much more than a yes or no and/or a recital of application and resume information.   View Answer

Meadville, PA

I interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied, they called and did a quick "screening" by asking a few easy questions such as "Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. I then scheduled an interview and attended. It was fairly easy and was expecting almost all of the questions asked.

Interview Question – Explain how you would feel about being the last person of contact with a customer?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from the corporate office and they asked me a few questions such as am I still interested, what store I would like to work at and if I would except the starting wage at the time. I agreed and set up an interview for a few days later for which was with one of the ASMs, he was very nice and polite and told me not to worry. I am a very nervous person so I blanked on every question and he just laughed it off and told me to take my time. At the end he told me they would give me a call to schedule a 2nd interview but with the store manager. The SM basically looked over what the ASM said and said congratulations! I then met with the HR to make my schedule for the first 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available.

Cleveland, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from corporate within a week. I then had an interview with the store within the next week and was offered the job on the spot. I was interviewed by an assistant store manager. The questions were almost exactly the same as those asked by corporate. The manager was nice. Biggest PLUS right off the bat was their leniency with my school schedule. I was taking a lot of college classes and traveling with a college choir at the time, but they never gave me any issue with it (i.e., never scheduled me during classes, lenient with when I got to work if my class got out late, changed my schedule every semester to fit my classes, let me off work for weekend school-related activities, etc.). Overall a great interview!

Interview Question – The most difficult question was when they asked what skills I had that would contribute to the very beginning (greeting at the door) and the very end (check out) of a customer's experiences. This question was only difficult because I had never worked in retail before so I just came up with something on the spot. Basically, as long as you are patient and have a smile on your face, they're happy with your customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate because I was very pleased with the offer given.

Part Time Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out an application in-store and was interviewed informally and given the job. This was many years ago

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to overcome a customer's objection.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Asked for a pay rate and got it.

Part Time Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details – Received phone interview 2 weeks ago and face to face interview one week ago. I am currently waiting for a response to last interview

Interview Question – What is an attribute that needs improvement?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Home Depot

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

The Home Depot Videos

The Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Home Depot Part Time Cashier interview questions and advice. All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Home Depot employees and interview candidates.