The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.2

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I did the application online, got a call back a couple days later about doing a phone interview. The phone interview was rather easy just a few questions about yourself. The rep then told me that she wanted to schedule a interview in person. That interview was fairly easy, just six questions. After that the manager told me that I should be receiving a call back from them within the next couple of days. . . Got the call the next day asking me to come in the day after for a background check. Lets see how this goes.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to customers as they are leaving the store?   1 Answer
  • How would you handle an angry customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interesting that the first interviewer was a computer. I was then transfered to a person who asked me more questions. She then set me up with an in person interview. Wish me luck, I go into the store for my in person interview this coming Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends?   2 Answers

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Oregon City, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Got called for a phone interview, went in for a interview the next day and ended up being interviewed twice. Average interview with very standard questions about why they should hire you, past experiences and examples, and what you are like as a person. Both interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself as a person; Hobbies, interests, etc.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Wallingford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

(THIS IS MY FIRST INTERVIEW EVER). I'm new to USA. I applied online. Complete assessment. Got an email 2 days later with a phone call to call (or wait them to call back). I called them then answered automated questions. Then it will transfers you to a phone interview. Then they scheduled me a 1:1 interview at the store. Everybody was nice. I've been told to wait 2 weeks for a call if I get selected.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation where you have to work with a team and what was the outcome
      Describe a situation when you had to work fast & accurately?
      What will you do if a customer asks you a question you don't know?
      What will you do if a rude customer came to you?

Answer Question
    • How will you serve our customers above and beyond?   Answer Question
    • Why do you like to work with us?   Answer Question
    • What do expect the things that makes you happy at home depot at the end of the day?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (North Richland Hills, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied a few months before and then had to take an online character assessment test. I guess I must have passed it because Home Depot's automated employment center started calling last month. When I called back there were a few easy automated questions and then it sent my call over to a real person. They asked if I would be willing to provide excellent customer service. Of course. They told me the starting wage for the position was $9.00, which I was OK with. Then they stated that the position would require open availability Monday through Sunday.... and I was out. I have a daughter and can not work ANY shift. Not a very flexible part time job.

Interview Questions

• do you have open availability to work any shift any day?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Toledo, OH).

Interview

I had a phone interview, then I guess I passed the phone interview because they receptionist scheduled me a interview. Went to the interview and got offered the job on the spot. Just waiting for my background and drug test! Paying sucks tho 8.50

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't no negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I got a phone call for a phone interview where they ask reasonably easy questions nothing challenging afterwards I got a call 30 minutes later from The Home Depot wanting to arrange an interview.
    The interview was friendly yet formal, I got asked around 10 formal questions then had a brief conversation with the HR manager, got a call 3 days later to come in and I went they did a background check and drug test and now working for them.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

great interview process. they were upbeat and showed real interest in what i had to say easy interview asked me about my past job experience and asked questions in relation to customer service and how as a cashier how could I provide the best customer service possible.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you went above and beyond at your last job   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I got a call from head quarters did a phone interview and was schedule for an in person interview the same week. I when to my in person interview and it took them over 30 minutes to find someone to interview me because the person that was supposed to do it was busy at the end she interview me. Well she asked simple questions and told me I had the job. I had to take a drug test and I sign a paper to get a background check. I did the drug test that same day. It's about to be over a month and I haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions

• The questions are easy just about your previous work experience   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Bronx, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview then got a in-person interview the next day and went in. The interview was so easy and laid back. First interview was series of questions on your work experience and then got a second interview the same day with the assistant manager and i basically had to sell myself to her and we had a very normal conversation no questions were asked and then she stated the starting is $9.75 which is better than nothing and i accepted and got my form for the drug test and did the background check. Just waiting now ��

Interview Questions

• What would i hate about working there?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, Negotiation