The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Christiansburg, VA).

Interview

Application was all online. I received an email within a week saying that I would receive a call or could call for an over-the-phone interview. After the phone interview I was automatically scheduled for an in-person interview within the same week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer complaining about a product or service received?   Answer Question
  • What experience do you have that qualifies you for the position?   Answer Question
  • How would you assist a customer about a product or service you had no knowledge of?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Filled out the application on line for all the stores in my area. Got an email the next day for a phone interview. Called the number in the email answered the automated system questions. Then it transferred me to a live person who described the job and asked a few additional questions. While still on the phone she set up a face to face interview. Went in waited an hour for the interview. Told them i was looking for part time work after my full time job. I have over 10 yrs and customer service so i think that helped.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being the last point of contact for a customer   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you didnt know something that a customer asked   Answer Question
    • How you handle a Customer that was upset about a service product or experience with another Associate   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. $9.00 they were looking to rebuild their front end in that store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Volo, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Volo, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Waiting for a response back took a while about a full week but after that things were very quick. First interview took place over the phone and then was scheduled for an in person interview. Interviewed by front end manager, he was very friendly and understanding. Standard interview questions. Took the drug test right there, they switched to the oral test which only tests up to a week prior. Got the job!

Interview Questions

• What is something you have done that requires speed and accuracy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sparks, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Started by applying online via the careers section of the website. Received an e-mail 3 days later scheduling a phone interview. Phone interview informed me of pay and scheduled me for an in-person interview the next day. Interviewers were friendly and at-ease. It went well. Question were not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Explain past experience and how it related to position you are applying for. How would you deal with a rude customer? What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Eugene, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then a few days later got a call for a phone interview. Very simple questions. I was then asked to come in a week later for a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by two employees, both were super nice, not uptight at all. It was a 7 question interview. Sadly I didn't get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who had a question about a product you didn't know anything about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bronx, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online. i got a email to call for my phone interview with the HR department. you answer some basic questions. If you sound like a good fit, they schedule for a face to face interview either for the next day or few days after (mines was a few days after). At the face to face interview you meat with the supervisor and head of the department and they asked structured questions. Right after you get a second interview with the store manger or assistant store manager. they will ask you a few questions and if they like you they will give you an offer. if you take the offer you have to do a background check and you have 24 hours to get your drug test done. if everything is clear then you will start training.

Interview Questions

• How does your prior/present work experience relate to the position you re applying for at home depot?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • Do you mind getting dirty?   Answer Question
    • how do you deal with a customer with a bad attitude?   Answer Question
    • Name an experience were you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Streetsboro, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Streetsboro, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was then called for an interview. The interview itself was pretty standard as far as asking questions about prior experience and how you would handle difficult customers. The interview was very comfortable and lasted, approximately, 20 - 30 minutes. After being interviewed for an assistant manager, she asked that I wait. I then met the Store Manager and had an interview with her. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to balance speed with accuracy, and how did you handle the situation. How would you deal with an angry or unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Miamisburg, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

first were a couple of phone interviews, then an in-person interview, one-on-one, answering the usual (very tiresome) "describe -a-time-when-you..." sort of questions. Not an unpleasant process and the interviewer was very likable but the questions were much the same as other interviews I have had. Background check and drug screen followed. Overall I had a positive feeling about this interview and was happy the outcome was positive as well.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to intervene between co-workers to solve a problem   1 Answer
    • describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Wake Forest, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call to set up an interview. Spoke with Manager and was hired after interview. Attended an informational session and spent about 2 weeks training on the computer in the office. This was done at my own pace.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for work at The Home Depot?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiations phase was very simple. The pay rate was $9.00 an hour and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I did the application online, got a call back a couple days later about doing a phone interview. The phone interview was rather easy just a few questions about yourself. The rep then told me that she wanted to schedule a interview in person. That interview was fairly easy, just six questions. After that the manager told me that I should be receiving a call back from them within the next couple of days. . . Got the call the next day asking me to come in the day after for a background check. Lets see how this goes.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to customers as they are leaving the store?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an angry customer.   Answer Question