The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

246 interviews

2.2

246 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

HIRING PROCESS WAS SIMPLE WITH COMMON QUESTIONS. There were 10 OF THEM. The ASM greeted me and asked me the interview questions. Then a second ASM asked me 5 questions. I then left and received a phone call that they wanted another interview, in which the store manager offered me the position.

Interview Questions
  • WHAT WILL I DO IF I HAD A DIFFICULT CUSTOMER AND WANTED TO NOT PAY BECAUSE HE DESERVED THE ITEM. WHAT WILL U DO?   Answer Question
NO I DIDNT NEGOTIATE

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Plan plenty of time on the day of your interview. Managers are very disorganized and have little value for your time. You will end up waiting a long time, only to be pulled into some dingy office in back to be ask situation questions. The first three times I was scheduled for an interview, the person I had been scheduled to meet with was not in the store. They were either not there that day, out to lunch, in a meeting or at training. I finally told the last caller that, "if they were not interested in talking to me I would no longer waist theirs and my time". The forth time in going to the store I was granted the interview and hired. Be prepared for a low ball offer of part time only. Home Depot has a policy of hiring part time and then promoting to full time 6 to 12 months later, that is if you can survive 6 months to a year as a lot loader or pt cashier. Seen it happen time and time again. Lots of good people quit because they cannot feed their family on the merger pt salary. Also, guess what, no big surprise, you get no benefits while on your part time incubation period. It is all about the DOLLAR. Don't let them pull your leg.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when or how you did or did not do something on the job. Would you turn your grandmother in if you saw her stealing?   Answer Question
    Just above min. wage and usually hired on part time basis. Not much negotiation. Increases are literally in nickle and dime increments, so be prepared for slow progress on your check!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stapleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stapleton, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview was simple, fill out an online application, answer a few basic questions on a phone interview. They will set up a meeting with an HR supervisor at the store or at a different store for a hiring fair. Questions we not difficult. They like if you dress business casual. Do not show up late. Use this time to discuss salary and get it as high as possible, raises do not come often and you work your butt off.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you could not answer a customers question?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview was the same as any other retail interview. I was asked a series of questions. the questions were more scenario type of questions such as what would you do and name a time. they just read from there booklet and didn't look up. I applied for the position and received a callback for the interview about a week later. after the interview I was called back for the manager to interview. in the second interview I was only asked 2 questions. what days am I available to work and why do I want to work for the company. I was then offered the position and pay rate.

Interview Questions
    • name a project you were given and how did you accomplish it? name a time where you had to create a project and no one believed the vision you had, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Apply online, and then go talk to manager. Need to take drug test ASAP, which is not problem. Tell them why HD fits you, and all is good. Have clean clothing, and do not say something you would not tell your grandma, and all is good

None

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2011.

My first interview was a short phone interview. they asked my am I able to lift 50lbs or more, am I willing to ask the customer did he/she find everything ok.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

call interview first, they asking what i thought about team work, to tell him about a time where i had a angry customer and how i fixed his problem and also about my past experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

1st interview was super easy took about 10 minutes if that. 4 days later received a phone call to go in for a 2nd interview and then got told that they wanted me as a cashier instead of a sales associate. Went to do the drug test after. Pretty much the interviewing process is simple nothing to stress.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little about yourself?
      What department would you like to work in?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2010.

I spoke with the store's HR representative. We went through a brief role play scenario where she pretended to be a customer buying a grill. They were looking for me to sell the accessories for the grill, (cover, tools, charcoal, etc). The next set of questions were morality based. One was, "an old lady comes in with a lot of money and needs a drill to hang curtains, what are you going to sell her?" Overall it's a pretty easy interview. Keep your answers steered towards selling the entire package for the job and doing the right thing.

Interview Questions
    • What is one project you have worked on where you have seen it through to completion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

They had me do a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. I didn't get hired, but they continually called me for a phone interview for 6 months. They interview They have terrible hiring practices. They were hiring for just 90 day incriminates so they don't have to pay benefits. My interviewer impressed upon me that it would not be likely to be hired on beyond 90 days that very few people do. It was over a year ago and I really hope that they have changed their hiring practices.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!