The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

253 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Keller, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

You apply online, receive a call from a call center in which they conduct the first interview with three questions. The second interview is conducted in the store they select you for (when you apply the call center could select you for another store that is close to your home as well). I was asked to come one more time and conduct an interview with the store manager. After I was done with the store manager I waited another 3 days and started the orientation.

Interview Questions
  • when dealing with a customer tell me what is the process of customer service/satisfaction you would use from the moment you met the customer to the moment the customer is leaving the store.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

filled out app online, had to answer personality and what would you do questions, after I passed they called me for interview, and made in offer after two weeks. I had to take a drug test

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

The application process was rather quick, around a week or so I got a call from HR to do a phone screening and got scheduled to meet with the hiring manager for an initial interview the following week. Upon meeting with the hiring manager I got asked typical question such as What do you know about Home Depot, Why do you want to work here, and my personal goals. Introduction questions aside, the manager then proceeded to ask me questions off the STAR packet. I will admit that I was not prepared for this so I stumbled upon answering on the spot. It seems they grade you based on how you answer, every time I hesitated or repeated myself he would make marks on the packet. After 5 questions or so I was dismissed, and was told I would get a call in 2 days or so if I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I got asked where based off the STAR format. So, be prepared and be ready to mention scenarios either from school, volunteer work or past employment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Was recently looking for a part time seasonal job, and applied to HD. The online component was straight forward, although it seemed a bit tedious (bunch of situational questions). The phone interview was simple too. They scheduled an in-person interview, but after reading a few negative reviews about the work environment, I decided to forego the interview. In hindsight, it probably would have been good to just practice interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview, I was asked to describe a time when I worked with colleagues in a team/cooperative setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2011.

Apply on web site with a personality test and if approved you will recieve a personal phone call from HR. If that goes well you will be asked to come-in for a person interview.

Interview Questions
    • The standard retail interview. The big question is how did you handle a difficult situation in the past.   Answer Question
    Not much room if you have little or no experience

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

After applying on line, I recieved a telephone interview which lead to a one on one interview. I was then scheduled for a drug test, reference check and background check. Two weeks later, I was called for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Weston, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

Pretty easy and informal. HR was very professional and friendly. They want to know what kind of customer service skills you have, if you are a team player or not. Just be honest and open to any kind of questions.. Home Depot will train you to work any department.

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to customer service issues. How to turn a negative experience for the customer into a nice and smooth one as a Home depot associate.   View Answer
    It was very profesional and easy.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Plan plenty of time on the day of your interview. Managers are very disorganized and have little value for your time. You will end up waiting a long time, only to be pulled into some dingy office in back to be ask situation questions. The first three times I was scheduled for an interview, the person I had been scheduled to meet with was not in the store. They were either not there that day, out to lunch, in a meeting or at training. I finally told the last caller that, "if they were not interested in talking to me I would no longer waist theirs and my time". The forth time in going to the store I was granted the interview and hired. Be prepared for a low ball offer of part time only. Home Depot has a policy of hiring part time and then promoting to full time 6 to 12 months later, that is if you can survive 6 months to a year as a lot loader or pt cashier. Seen it happen time and time again. Lots of good people quit because they cannot feed their family on the merger pt salary. Also, guess what, no big surprise, you get no benefits while on your part time incubation period. It is all about the DOLLAR. Don't let them pull your leg.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when or how you did or did not do something on the job. Would you turn your grandmother in if you saw her stealing?   Answer Question
    Just above min. wage and usually hired on part time basis. Not much negotiation. Increases are literally in nickle and dime increments, so be prepared for slow progress on your check!!!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

HIRING PROCESS WAS SIMPLE WITH COMMON QUESTIONS. There were 10 OF THEM. The ASM greeted me and asked me the interview questions. Then a second ASM asked me 5 questions. I then left and received a phone call that they wanted another interview, in which the store manager offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • WHAT WILL I DO IF I HAD A DIFFICULT CUSTOMER AND WANTED TO NOT PAY BECAUSE HE DESERVED THE ITEM. WHAT WILL U DO?   Answer Question
    NO I DIDNT NEGOTIATE

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stapleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stapleton, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview was simple, fill out an online application, answer a few basic questions on a phone interview. They will set up a meeting with an HR supervisor at the store or at a different store for a hiring fair. Questions we not difficult. They like if you dress business casual. Do not show up late. Use this time to discuss salary and get it as high as possible, raises do not come often and you work your butt off.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you could not answer a customers question?   View Answer

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!