The Home Depot

Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.2

278 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview questions were off of a form, assistant manager did the interview and was more concerned about customer service than any work background I had for over 25 years. 15 minute interview.

Interview Questions
  • Silly basic questions mostly about customers-how would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
There was no negotiation, it was an offer of 8.50 an hour for a cashier position.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

A good experience. Was very friendly, quick and to the point. n nnn nnn nnnn nn nnn nn nn nnnnnn nnn nn nn nnnn nnn nnnnn nnn nnn nnnn nnn

Interview Questions
    • That I took medication and I had to test.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

They ask they general questions and they see if your fit to work in a physically demanding job. They also try to change usually questions you might get asked into more than they need to be to stump you. I really didn't like that.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you better than the next person I interview?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Very orderly and well do process. Multiple steps which start typical application process and follow on with online testing. After all online info was complete I was contacted and completed two face to face interviews and normal pre-employment testing. Overall a very good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA

interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2014.

Seems like a good company to work for. The interview questions are pretty basic. It's really all about selling yourself. The most difficult question I was asked was probably how do you go about getting training, and why is continuing training so important to you. I've been called back for a second interview. So hopefully I will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about handling rude or difficult customers? How would you handle a disrespectful co worker?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in December 2014.

Had an interview at the home depot on 12/5/2014 now I thought I was really prepared for the interview studied all the tips and advise plus I had worked at the exact store I was interviewing at. So I figured it would be the standard interview that they have situational questions, and the usual customer service type. Boy was I wrong.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Straightforward. Applied online, followed by a telephone and then and then two interviews at the store. First interview with the assistant store manager, the second with the store manager.
    For the first interview, they were over an hour late calling me in.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview process was smooth. This was when HR was in the stores. I was called after two days and started the following week. I dressed in a business casual and not a suit. Showed up 30 minutes early. I also asked questions like what can this company offer me and what is the management to associate relationship like. Other questions I asked were advancement opportunities and benefits packages.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was how much did I expect to make.   View Answer

Was not enough pay. It was actually less than my current job was paying at the time.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

all very basic stuff with a focus on customer service. two interviews one with a assistant manager and one with the store manager. It seemed as though you got hired as long as you didn't do drugs.

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where you had to deal with a negative customer.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

You will have 2 separate interviews. They ask about previous work experience, hypothetical situations and how you would handle them. Most of the questions are pretty straight forward. You might have more room to negotiate pay during the second interview but don't expect more than a few cents.