The Home Depot

2.2

267 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Straightforward. Applied online, followed by a telephone and then and then two interviews at the store. First interview with the assistant store manager, the second with the store manager.
For the first interview, they were over an hour late calling me in.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview process was smooth. This was when HR was in the stores. I was called after two days and started the following week. I dressed in a business casual and not a suit. Showed up 30 minutes early. I also asked questions like what can this company offer me and what is the management to associate relationship like. Other questions I asked were advancement opportunities and benefits packages.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was how much did I expect to make.   View Answer

Was not enough pay. It was actually less than my current job was paying at the time.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

You will have 2 separate interviews. They ask about previous work experience, hypothetical situations and how you would handle them. Most of the questions are pretty straight forward. You might have more room to negotiate pay during the second interview but don't expect more than a few cents.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

all very basic stuff with a focus on customer service. two interviews one with a assistant manager and one with the store manager. It seemed as though you got hired as long as you didn't do drugs.

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where you had to deal with a negative customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

This was a Very simple interview I had did a phone interview two actually about a week later I got called in for a face to face which I was interviewed by two people in which i would be working in their department they asked the basic STAR questions very simple interview and I was hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • What was a rough decision you have had to make and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in November 2014.

Filled out application online. A few days to a week later I received a phone call to conduct a phone interview. They asked questions verifying my interest in the job, going over the hours, and job description. Then they asked me to answer questions about times when I've provided excellent customer service, when I've gone above and beyond for a customer, a difficult experience in a team and how it was was overcome.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, or explain how you would provide excellent customer service at the Home Depot.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Applied on line, around a month later headed back. Did an on the phone interview with some one from GA and was asked questions about my experience, how I reacted to difficult coustomers. Then got a call for an In person interview with a manager... Same questions. Then went over times of avilibility

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Complete an on-line application and an e-mail response with your interview date, time, and place. The interview was scheduled for 30 mintues with 4-5 interviewers (Office Managers and District Manager) and 3 applicants. Each applicant received 1 question from each interviewer and it may be a repeat question. The questions were situational, like (1) Have you ever had a communication problem? if so, how did you solve it?.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your past work experiences.
      There was no negotiation. I would advise others to take the position to be able to gain the necessary skills and experience to either move up within the company or to move on to other companies.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2014.

I received a phone call and did an over the phone interview. Then got called in for an in store interview same day got called back for a second, a third. Waiting on background and drug test results. Excited!

Interview Questions
    • A Situation where you had to deal with more than one customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Online application was followed by a call from a central employment office (based in Georgia I think). Asked questions about my work experience, qualifications, etc. Then scheduled an interview at the store I'd applied to. Dress was business casual, Met with a manager, entire interview took about 20 minutes, I was offered the job and handed paperwork to go take a drug test. About a week later, I hadn't heard anything about starting so I called and got put on the schedule for the next week.