The Home Depot

Average Difficulty
245 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – HIRING PROCESS WAS SIMPLE WITH COMMON QUESTIONS. There were 10 OF THEM. The ASM greeted me and asked me the interview questions. Then a second ASM asked me 5 questions. I then left and received a phone call that they wanted another interview, in which the store manager offered me the position.

Interview Question – WHAT WILL I DO IF I HAD A DIFFICULT CUSTOMER AND WANTED TO NOT PAY BECAUSE HE DESERVED THE ITEM. WHAT WILL U DO?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO I DIDNT NEGOTIATE

Stapleton, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was simple, fill out an online application, answer a few basic questions on a phone interview. They will set up a meeting with an HR supervisor at the store or at a different store for a hiring fair. Questions we not difficult. They like if you dress business casual. Do not show up late. Use this time to discuss salary and get it as high as possible, raises do not come often and you work your butt off.

Interview Question – What would you do if you could not answer a customers question?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – Interview was the same as any other retail interview. I was asked a series of questions. the questions were more scenario type of questions such as what would you do and name a time. they just read from there booklet and didn't look up. I applied for the position and received a callback for the interview about a week later. after the interview I was called back for the manager to interview. in the second interview I was only asked 2 questions. what days am I available to work and why do I want to work for the company. I was then offered the position and pay rate.

Interview Question – name a project you were given and how did you accomplish it? name a time where you had to create a project and no one believed the vision you had, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at The Home Depot

Interview Details – Apply online, and then go talk to manager. Need to take drug test ASAP, which is not problem. Tell them why HD fits you, and all is good. Have clean clothing, and do not say something you would not tell your grandma, and all is good

Interview Question – Tell me about your self, and why home depot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – call interview first, they asking what i thought about team work, to tell him about a time where i had a angry customer and how i fixed his problem and also about my past experience.

Interview Question – 3 diffilcult   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2011.

Interview Details – My first interview was a short phone interview. they asked my am I able to lift 50lbs or more, am I willing to ask the customer did he/she find everything ok.

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Interview Details – 1st interview was super easy took about 10 minutes if that. 4 days later received a phone call to go in for a 2nd interview and then got told that they wanted me as a cashier instead of a sales associate. Went to do the drug test after. Pretty much the interviewing process is simple nothing to stress.

Interview Question – Tell me a little about yourself?
What department would you like to work in?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2010.

Interview Details – I spoke with the store's HR representative. We went through a brief role play scenario where she pretended to be a customer buying a grill. They were looking for me to sell the accessories for the grill, (cover, tools, charcoal, etc). The next set of questions were morality based. One was, "an old lady comes in with a lot of money and needs a drill to hang curtains, what are you going to sell her?" Overall it's a pretty easy interview. Keep your answers steered towards selling the entire package for the job and doing the right thing.

Interview Question – What is one project you have worked on where you have seen it through to completion?   Answer Question

Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

Interview Details – They had me do a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. I didn't get hired, but they continually called me for a phone interview for 6 months. They interview They have terrible hiring practices. They were hiring for just 90 day incriminates so they don't have to pay benefits. My interviewer impressed upon me that it would not be likely to be hired on beyond 90 days that very few people do. It was over a year ago and I really hope that they have changed their hiring practices.

Interview Question – It was all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview Details – I received a phone interview first, then I was asked to sign up for an in store interview. I was not able to attend the store interview right then, but I attended it as soon as possible. The man who interviewed me was very nice and seemed respectful. I left there feeling good about the interview but I could not start work right away being out of state so I did not receive a call back.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!