The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.2

255 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Plan plenty of time on the day of your interview. Managers are very disorganized and have little value for your time. You will end up waiting a long time, only to be pulled into some dingy office in back to be ask situation questions. The first three times I was scheduled for an interview, the person I had been scheduled to meet with was not in the store. They were either not there that day, out to lunch, in a meeting or at training. I finally told the last caller that, "if they were not interested in talking to me I would no longer waist theirs and my time". The forth time in going to the store I was granted the interview and hired. Be prepared for a low ball offer of part time only. Home Depot has a policy of hiring part time and then promoting to full time 6 to 12 months later, that is if you can survive 6 months to a year as a lot loader or pt cashier. Seen it happen time and time again. Lots of good people quit because they cannot feed their family on the merger pt salary. Also, guess what, no big surprise, you get no benefits while on your part time incubation period. It is all about the DOLLAR. Don't let them pull your leg.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when or how you did or did not do something on the job. Would you turn your grandmother in if you saw her stealing?   Answer Question
Just above min. wage and usually hired on part time basis. Not much negotiation. Increases are literally in nickle and dime increments, so be prepared for slow progress on your check!!!

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

HIRING PROCESS WAS SIMPLE WITH COMMON QUESTIONS. There were 10 OF THEM. The ASM greeted me and asked me the interview questions. Then a second ASM asked me 5 questions. I then left and received a phone call that they wanted another interview, in which the store manager offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • WHAT WILL I DO IF I HAD A DIFFICULT CUSTOMER AND WANTED TO NOT PAY BECAUSE HE DESERVED THE ITEM. WHAT WILL U DO?   Answer Question
    NO I DIDNT NEGOTIATE

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview was the same as any other retail interview. I was asked a series of questions. the questions were more scenario type of questions such as what would you do and name a time. they just read from there booklet and didn't look up. I applied for the position and received a callback for the interview about a week later. after the interview I was called back for the manager to interview. in the second interview I was only asked 2 questions. what days am I available to work and why do I want to work for the company. I was then offered the position and pay rate.

Interview Questions
    • name a project you were given and how did you accomplish it? name a time where you had to create a project and no one believed the vision you had, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Apply online, and then go talk to manager. Need to take drug test ASAP, which is not problem. Tell them why HD fits you, and all is good. Have clean clothing, and do not say something you would not tell your grandma, and all is good

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot.

call interview first, they asking what i thought about team work, to tell him about a time where i had a angry customer and how i fixed his problem and also about my past experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Keller, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

You apply online, receive a call from a call center in which they conduct the first interview with three questions. The second interview is conducted in the store they select you for (when you apply the call center could select you for another store that is close to your home as well). I was asked to come one more time and conduct an interview with the store manager. After I was done with the store manager I waited another 3 days and started the orientation.

Interview Questions
    • when dealing with a customer tell me what is the process of customer service/satisfaction you would use from the moment you met the customer to the moment the customer is leaving the store.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

I received a phone interview first, then I was asked to sign up for an in store interview. I was not able to attend the store interview right then, but I attended it as soon as possible. The man who interviewed me was very nice and seemed respectful. I left there feeling good about the interview but I could not start work right away being out of state so I did not receive a call back.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

After applying on line, I recieved a telephone interview which lead to a one on one interview. I was then scheduled for a drug test, reference check and background check. Two weeks later, I was called for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

1st interview was super easy took about 10 minutes if that. 4 days later received a phone call to go in for a 2nd interview and then got told that they wanted me as a cashier instead of a sales associate. Went to do the drug test after. Pretty much the interviewing process is simple nothing to stress.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little about yourself?
      What department would you like to work in?
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I was not convinced when I got hired that i would enjoy this job. I was made to work the over night shift even though I requested. They also pay overtime which is not what its expected to be. I just think that they are an ok company to work for. But, you will just be stuck in sales associate which covers anything the upper management wants you to do.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!