The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.2

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

You get a call for a phone interview if you don't pick up they send you a email saying they missed you and send you all the info you need to complete the phone interview. If you pass it they later send you another email letting you know when your in-person interview will be at. Pretty simple just prepare in advance review normal interview questions so you can sound confident.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in March 2015.

Complete application, complete online assessments, telephone interview, in face interview
    I completed the application through the glass door link on a Thursday, completed the assessment required online following the application process which took about two hours, received a call for a phone interview on Friday but got The message after hours so I had to wait the weekend, did a phone interview on Monday and was scheduled for and in face interview in store on Wednesday, was higher during the interview on Wednesday.

Interview Questions
    • How would non-retail experience transferred to a retail setting   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied approximately three weeks before I was called in for an interview. Before I went in for the interview I had to go through a screening process which I did over the phone, after I was done with the screening stage the person on the phone told me that my interview would be Friday. I went to the interview and was offered a position as a part time lumber sales associate.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions about my previous experiences with home improvement.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Standard Questions. Mainly, just what can you bring to the company? Why should we hire you? The boss that I interviewed with was really nice and made the environment easy and inviting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

The interview was very easy and simple. I applied on and received an automated voice call from there headquarters in Atlanta to set up an in store interview at the location I was applying too. When I went to the store they were a little late for my interview. The interview was basic and mostly behavioral questions and customer service questions. Basically they asked what you would do in different situations for the customer.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer had a problem and you didn't have an answer what would you do   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

went in for an interview. Answered typical interview questions tell me about a time you provided customer service, tell me about a time you had to work under pressure, blah blah blah. long story short he told me he liked me but they wasn't doing 2nd interviews anymore that day and that he would call me to come in for a 2nd interview. this was a month & a half ago and I still haven't received a call. Applied again last week got called in for a interview for Wednesday at 8AM. it was way to early for me so I was never going. The day of the interview at 7:59AM I receive a call saying the position has been filled. VERY Unprofessional ! Don't bother applying here.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went up & beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

The interview was conducted by the Assistant Store Manager in a small cluttered office. The interviewer was very pleasant and straightforward in his approach. He had a copy of my online application and a copy of my current resume. He noted that Home Depot was ONLY hiring part-time employees. In fact he stated that all new hires were part-time and must be available to work all shifts and weekends. Questions asked of me were very few.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Home Depot?
      Would you be available to work weekends?
      Would you be available to work all shifts?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

Came in about 5 minutes early, waited in the staff room for about 15 minutes then the assistant manager called me in. I got asked a few questions, basic questions. All about up selling. She said she wasn't allowed to accept resumes. She was very friendly and nice she said she like my eagerness to learn. She told me the job starts at 10.50/hr. I just got called in for a second interview. So my second interview was more getting my background check and drug test process started.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview questions were off of a form, assistant manager did the interview and was more concerned about customer service than any work background I had for over 25 years. 15 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • Silly basic questions mostly about customers-how would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, it was an offer of 8.50 an hour for a cashier position.

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

A good experience. Was very friendly, quick and to the point. n nnn nnn nnnn nn nnn nn nn nnnnnn nnn nn nn nnnn nnn nnnnn nnn nnn nnnn nnn

Interview Questions
    • That I took medication and I had to test.   View Answer