The Home Depot

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied approximately three weeks before I was called in for an interview. Before I went in for the interview I had to go through a screening process which I did over the phone, after I was done with the screening stage the person on the phone told me that my interview would be Friday. I went to the interview and was offered a position as a part time lumber sales associate.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked questions about my previous experiences with home improvement.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

Standard Questions. Mainly, just what can you bring to the company? Why should we hire you? The boss that I interviewed with was really nice and made the environment easy and inviting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

Came in about 5 minutes early, waited in the staff room for about 15 minutes then the assistant manager called me in. I got asked a few questions, basic questions. All about up selling. She said she wasn't allowed to accept resumes. She was very friendly and nice she said she like my eagerness to learn. She told me the job starts at 10.50/hr. I just got called in for a second interview. So my second interview was more getting my background check and drug test process started.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

The interview was conducted by the Assistant Store Manager in a small cluttered office. The interviewer was very pleasant and straightforward in his approach. He had a copy of my online application and a copy of my current resume. He noted that Home Depot was ONLY hiring part-time employees. In fact he stated that all new hires were part-time and must be available to work all shifts and weekends. Questions asked of me were very few.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Home Depot?
      Would you be available to work weekends?
      Would you be available to work all shifts?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview questions were off of a form, assistant manager did the interview and was more concerned about customer service than any work background I had for over 25 years. 15 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • Silly basic questions mostly about customers-how would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, it was an offer of 8.50 an hour for a cashier position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

A good experience. Was very friendly, quick and to the point. n nnn nnn nnnn nn nnn nn nn nnnnnn nnn nn nn nnnn nnn nnnnn nnn nnn nnnn nnn

Interview Questions
    • That I took medication and I had to test.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

They ask they general questions and they see if your fit to work in a physically demanding job. They also try to change usually questions you might get asked into more than they need to be to stump you. I really didn't like that.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you better than the next person I interview?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Very orderly and well do process. Multiple steps which start typical application process and follow on with online testing. After all online info was complete I was contacted and completed two face to face interviews and normal pre-employment testing. Overall a very good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2014.

Seems like a good company to work for. The interview questions are pretty basic. It's really all about selling yourself. The most difficult question I was asked was probably how do you go about getting training, and why is continuing training so important to you. I've been called back for a second interview. So hopefully I will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about handling rude or difficult customers? How would you handle a disrespectful co worker?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in December 2014.

Had an interview at the home depot on 12/5/2014 now I thought I was really prepared for the interview studied all the tips and advise plus I had worked at the exact store I was interviewing at. So I figured it would be the standard interview that they have situational questions, and the usual customer service type. Boy was I wrong.