The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL).

Interview

applied online, they called about a week later , interview on the phone, if you pass that interview they will schedule one for the store. The process usually takes 2 interviews but the manager hired me on the spot, however they changed the position they offered from sales associate to cashier.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you went out of your comfort zone for a team   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks before the home depot HR center called, and had a telephone interview. Four of the questions were from an automated machine, then another 4 with a real person. They were "Tell about a time..." and those. After you pas that you get a real interview a couple days later. The people there are so chill, and the interviewer was kind, and asked the company set 6 questions that asked what you would do in certain questions. If you "pass" they offer you a job right there and then. You have to take a drug tet within 24hrs and within 3-5 days you'll get called back to do some training, final employment things and a background check

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a customer looking confused, and/or didnt know what to get?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and the next day recieved an email to call their automated system. I called and got asked a few questions by the system before being transferred to an actual person at their hiring center for a phone interview on the spot. Interviewer was very informal and rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

REDUNDANT! Instead of keeping a file on you or record for a period of time. You are asked ALL the same silly questions over and over. Interviewed 4 times and actually was selected for position on first one,, however never received phone call or email to accept so it was given to another. Most recently, interviewed and accepted for customer service, but on second interview it was like a "bait and switch". They had shortage of cashiers and was offered that position instead of the original one applied for.

Interview Questions

• give a example when you went above and beyond your duties for customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cumming, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very short, Just a few general questions. Interviewer was very nice. Wanted to know how I would handle situations. Did I have previous retail experience? (No.) Was I willing to self train? (Yes,) How would I handle a co-worker problem. (Tell my supervisor.) Why did I feel I would be a good sales associate? (I'm a guy. Home Depot is a guy's paradise. I like helping people and solving their problems.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asks to locate an item, what do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Received email communication as a follow up to a phone call scheduling the interview. Arrived and was greeted and lead to interview area within a few minutes. Interview questions were pre-printed and read directly off of a form. I did not receive an offer but the staff was very nice and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Tulare, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tulare, CA).

Interview

I submitted my application at the Kiosk for applying. I was called back within a few weeks because I had 4 years experience working at a Home Depot in another area. I came in for an interview which was basically a debriefing on all the things I had been trained in. I was hired immediately and they put me, somebody who had previously been a department head, directly into one of the lowest positions in the store. Didn't even give me the respect enough to ask me about wage, just assumed I was willing to work at minimum wage when Home Depot started me at $12 per hour and I left at $15. I took the job but knew I was going to leave as soon as something else popped up. Most unprofessional interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use the computer? Have you been trained on forklifts? How long did you work for Home Depot? Ok. (to HR) Get him a drug test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Madison, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

There were initially online quizzes about how you would react to situations that might occur while at work. After that, there was a short phone interview with someone from the regional staffing center. Finally, I was asked to come in for an interview at the branch that I applied to and there was an interview consisting of about 6 relatively common interview questions. Many were asking me to tell of a time when I reacted to a certain situation, and why I wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer got upset or complained about a product and what did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Garwood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Garwood, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a week later for a phone interview. Was asked fours question then was scheduled for a face to face interview 2 days later. Read question off of a sheet, about 10 them sum survey questions. Was told I would receive a phone call for a 2nd interview but received a call later that night to come in the next day for drug test and paper work.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer that looked confused   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was with assistant store manager and department supervisor. I was given information about the store and how the coworkers work together as a team. Then I was asked questions about how I would handle customers encountered while working at the store. I was tense and nervous as most people are during interviews, but the 2 gentlemen I interviewed with made me feel right at home. They were great because they made the interview seem like we were 3 good friends having a great conversation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer? What qualities/skills qualify you for this position? What job have you worked where you had to use customer service skills?   1 Answer