The Home Depot

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Questions When you did not get along with a co-worker? You will be working with different kind of people. About customer service. Stay positive and do not trash your former employer. You will do well.

Interview Questions
  • Why should I hire you? I have a strong back, submissive, flexible and I have no life.   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I walked in - was told what they were paying - asked if I was still interested.
    then I was given my schedule for the next week
    the interview was impersonal, and very short.

there was none

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

I applied online and got a phone call three days later, I did the phone interview. It was pretty easy, they had me say a sentence in Spanish, and asked three questions. Afterwards they scheduled me for an in person interview which took place two days later. The in person interview was fairly easy, it was an easy atmosphere which made me feel comfortable. Especially since it was my first job interview! Then got scheduled for a final interview with the store manager for the week after.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straightforward questions:
      How would you help a customer who came in looking confused?
      How have you gone above and beyond in your previous job?
      Where do you see yourself in a year?
      How did you handle a difficult customer in your previous job?

Answer Question
    No negotiation, I really needed the job.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Was called by the head quarters and asked some simple pre-interview questions. The HR person had no information if the job was seasonal or what dept it was in, or what the salary was. I was given a 6:30 PM interview time for the next day. I arrived to the Alexandria Virginia store location on time. I went to the front desk and was told to go to the back room. Then they tell me I have to go to the break room where I sat for a half and hour with no one even acknowledging me. I finally just left.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Was told to come in for an interview after submitting application. Interviewed with a man named Dan. Usual interview questions but he let me ask him plenty of questions too which I appreciated. I found him to be a honest man and I felt comfortable talking to him. I don't think the interview process was difficult at all.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think a person should be working before they get a promotion?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online, got call back in one week. Went in for first interview and got called back for second interview same day, offered job and took it

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

When signing up online, be prepared to take logic type tests (e.g. matching symbols, etc.). Also be prepared to know about tools, plants, construction, etc. You can apply for more than one position at a time (and for more than one store) so you might have to take many tests.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't know much about construction so I just guessed at the answers.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

The process starts with a phone interview before actually scheduling the first in person interview with the assistant store manager. A very structured interview about past experience involving examples of how you handled customer issues and challenging situations. Also talked about qualifications for the desired department. The second interview is with the store manager. A much more informal interview to get to know you, and what you have to offer to the company. Also talked about personal direction and goals.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult task you have been given? How did you go about completing this task? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

I applied online and received a phone interview asking me simple questions, most of which required a yes or no answer

Interview Questions
    • "Please tell me about a time when you were working in a team and you lead exceptionally well"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in April 2014.

Easy, first phone interview, then meet with assistant store manager. They will ask stock questions, answer in a customer focused way and you will have no problems. Next store manager will interview, basically you have the job at this point, just going over schedule and and drug and background check

Interview Questions
    non negotiable, guess it depends on the area you are in