The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ontario, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

I first received a call from someone in Atlanta GA who interviewed me and then I had an in person interview. The person who interviewed me was really nice. The staff were nice. It wasn't intimidating, but rather I place one could feel at home during the interview process...which is interesting since the company name is 'home' depot. The experience overall was great.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe to me a scenario where you had a negative customer experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orange, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

very laid back. simple they sit you down and ask some very generic questions about your work history and why you would make a good employee. they also ask you about your strengths and weaknesses.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very orderly and well do process. Multiple steps which start typical application process and follow on with online testing. After all online info was complete I was contacted and completed two face to face interviews and normal pre-employment testing. Overall a very good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ogden, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

Had an interview at the home depot on 12/5/2014 now I thought I was really prepared for the interview studied all the tips and advise plus I had worked at the exact store I was interviewing at. So I figured it would be the standard interview that they have situational questions, and the usual customer service type. Boy was I wrong.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Brentwood, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Long computer test and roughly 30 minute interview with a manager. The manager was very friendly and finally asked why I wanted to work at Home Depot. The manager had to write down everything that I said which gave me some time to compose myself before the next question. The overall experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Give me an instance where you had to deal with an angry customer. What sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. I was offered a job and told what the hourly pay was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick, they decided to hire me by the time I left that day. They do make you take a test on basic home improvement knowledge just to figure out where to place you in the store if you get a job. The online portion of the application was really the most complicated thing about getting hired there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have run into at a previous job with a customer and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fayetteville, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Seems like a good company to work for. The interview questions are pretty basic. It's really all about selling yourself. The most difficult question I was asked was probably how do you go about getting training, and why is continuing training so important to you. I've been called back for a second interview. So hopefully I will get the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about handling rude or difficult customers? How would you handle a disrespectful co worker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Apple Valley, CA).

Interview

Straightforward. Applied online, followed by a telephone and then and then two interviews at the store. First interview with the assistant store manager, the second with the store manager. For the first interview, they were over an hour late calling me in.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. This was when HR was in the stores. I was called after two days and started the following week. I dressed in a business casual and not a suit. Showed up 30 minutes early. I also asked questions like what can this company offer me and what is the management to associate relationship like. Other questions I asked were advancement opportunities and benefits packages.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was how much did I expect to make.   1 Answer

Was not enough pay. It was actually less than my current job was paying at the time.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

This was a Very simple interview I had did a phone interview two actually about a week later I got called in for a face to face which I was interviewed by two people in which i would be working in their department they asked the basic STAR questions very simple interview and I was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• What was a rough decision you have had to make and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question