The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Mount Pleasant, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

I received an automated phone call asking if I was interested in a phone interview. Then I received another call from someone in a call center asking situational questions like give an example of good customer service you provided. Then 2 months later I was called to have a interview in store, then a 2nd interview with the store manager. Then orientation then I started.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a starting wage and I countered high. We met in the middle.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied on line, around a month later headed back. Did an on the phone interview with some one from GA and was asked questions about my experience, how I reacted to difficult coustomers. Then got a call for an In person interview with a manager... Same questions. Then went over times of avilibility

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Complete an on-line application and an e-mail response with your interview date, time, and place. The interview was scheduled for 30 mintues with 4-5 interviewers (Office Managers and District Manager) and 3 applicants. Each applicant received 1 question from each interviewer and it may be a repeat question. The questions were situational, like (1) Have you ever had a communication problem? if so, how did you solve it?.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experiences.
      There was no negotiation. I would advise others to take the position to be able to gain the necessary skills and experience to either move up within the company or to move on to other companies.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Tacoma, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call and did an over the phone interview. Then got called in for an in store interview same day got called back for a second, a third. Waiting on background and drug test results. Excited!

Interview Questions

• A Situation where you had to deal with more than one customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Online application was followed by a call from a central employment office (based in Georgia I think). Asked questions about my work experience, qualifications, etc. Then scheduled an interview at the store I'd applied to. Dress was business casual, Met with a manager, entire interview took about 20 minutes, I was offered the job and handed paperwork to go take a drug test. About a week later, I hadn't heard anything about starting so I called and got put on the schedule for the next week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2014.

Interview

Went through the extensive online questions befor talking to a human.
    Finally a person called from Atlanta and set appt a local store.
    Interview went well in my opinion, as I was well qualified for the department.
    Home Depot has not responded in two months or given the status of the position.

Interview Questions

• What if a customer asks for a brand we dont sell..   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

by phone, then 2 in-person and just a waiting game from there. keep calling the store HR to check your status because they do get busy. hopefully you are placed with a wonderful department head

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Manchester, NH) in September 2014.

Interview

There was an online test of 70 or so questions on knowledge and then about another 70 questions online of situational questions. After that there was an email sent to set up a phone interview with more questions. After I passed that, there was an in person interview at the manager's office where there were addition questions about yourself and how you would contribute to the company. After hat there is a drug test and background check which takes about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• 140 online questions/additional phone questions/in person standard questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Plan plenty of time on the day of your interview. Managers are very disorganized and have little value for your time. You will end up waiting a long time, only to be pulled into some dingy office in back to be ask situation questions. The first three times I was scheduled for an interview, the person I had been scheduled to meet with was not in the store. They were either not there that day, out to lunch, in a meeting or at training. I finally told the last caller that, "if they were not interested in talking to me I would no longer waist theirs and my time". The forth time in going to the store I was granted the interview and hired. Be prepared for a low ball offer of part time only. Home Depot has a policy of hiring part time and then promoting to full time 6 to 12 months later, that is if you can survive 6 months to a year as a lot loader or pt cashier. Seen it happen time and time again. Lots of good people quit because they cannot feed their family on the merger pt salary. Also, guess what, no big surprise, you get no benefits while on your part time incubation period. It is all about the DOLLAR. Don't let them pull your leg.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when or how you did or did not do something on the job. Would you turn your grandmother in if you saw her stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just above min. wage and usually hired on part time basis. Not much negotiation. Increases are literally in nickle and dime increments, so be prepared for slow progress on your check!!!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

HIRING PROCESS WAS SIMPLE WITH COMMON QUESTIONS. There were 10 OF THEM. The ASM greeted me and asked me the interview questions. Then a second ASM asked me 5 questions. I then left and received a phone call that they wanted another interview, in which the store manager offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• WHAT WILL I DO IF I HAD A DIFFICULT CUSTOMER AND WANTED TO NOT PAY BECAUSE HE DESERVED THE ITEM. WHAT WILL U DO?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO I DIDNT NEGOTIATE